Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't spoil your kids.

Don't spoil your kids.

I heard about this guy who went out and bought his 19 year old son a Dodge Viper for his birthday. Well, as this kid was like leaving the dealership, he was in reverse and got sideswiped by a Bus. As the bus took awhile to stop, it pushed the Viper enough to roll it and crush the kid inside. The boy was killed instantly. Ok. Tell me this. What type of moron would by their kid a 500hp Beast for their 19'TH BIRTHDAY? Why not get him something faster, and more exclusive like a 997 or an F430. Everyone knows that Exotic Car dealerships are usually hidden away on back roads anyways. It's not like they're gonna get hit by a bus.

Did anyone else hear about this?

No, but the story is probably fake.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    No, but the story is probably fake.
    I so second that.

A koenigsegg would be more safe and practical
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Nothing about it on Snopes but it sounds very unlikely.

I've heard and encountered plenty of kids driving really fast or expensive cars. At the university I go to, lots of kids have nice cars, there are at least half a dozen Lexus SC430's on campus, a baker's dozen BMW M3's (E46's, mind you), a Porsche Cayanne (plastered with Kerry stickers, which seems kind of contradictory), a few Range Rovers, and countless BMW 3-series, Audi A4's (and S4s), Mercedes C-classes, and other high end cars. Kind of crazy if you ask me, that these parents spends $160K to send their kid to college PLUS get them a $30-70K car.
    106 mph in second, 130 mph in top. 1932 Duesenberg SJ

Dunno but i got a 98' Saturn SC2 for my 18th birthday and i wanted something much older and cheaper but i love the car i have. My cousin got a BMW for her 18th birthday and pulled out in front of another car and totaled it, last i heard she was getting it replaced with a Lexus...

My older sister knows this Vietnamese guy that grew up in France and drove a Porsche as his first car, and this was like, the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth
    I heard about this guy who went out and bought his 19 year old son a Dodge Viper for his birthday. Well, as this kid was like leaving the dealership, he was in reverse and got sideswiped by a Bus. As the bus took awhile to stop, it pushed the Viper enough to roll it and crush the kid inside. The boy was killed instantly. Ok. Tell me this. What type of moron would by their kid a 500hp Beast for their 19'TH BIRTHDAY? Why not get him something faster, and more exclusive like a 997 or an F430. Everyone knows that Exotic Car dealerships are usually hidden away on back roads anyways. It's not like they're gonna get hit by a bus.

maybe the kid didnt want a european car and was one of those americans who insist on driving an all american car.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    My older sister knows this Vietnamese guy that grew up in France and drove a Porsche as his first car, and this was like, the 70's.
    There is this kid in my high school (graduated long long time ago) learns to drive his dad's 355, with an L plate. but i mean back in my school days, one kid use to drive a M5, few drives Saab, few done up jap cars. not as dramatic as some of the kids today. they use to roar it up the drive way where kids wait for mum's 4wd to pick them up.

i remember when i was in senior college there was this girl drives a red 67 saleen convertable, i said " wow, nice mustang", she reply with a bit of an attitude, "its a SALEEN"
    Last edited by KELSA; 08-16-2005 at 04:46 AM.
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

what did it being a viper to do with it? by the sounds of it, he was stopped or not moving very quickly, and he got nailed by a bus. It wasn't as though he was going to quick and wrapped it round a pole. I get the idea that he would have been dead whether he was in a viper or my 86 323.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

His own dumbass fault if he couldn't see a bus coming the other way

far as the story goes i don't really believe it tho, from the story seems like the its the first time the guy is on the road, he wasn't understeer into a tree, or oversteer spun off of the road...

no parent would be that stupid to buy a car (especially like that) to their kid if they can't drive for sh!t.
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by stealth

anyone could go out and buy a fiat or whatever and reverse out and get hit by a bus its not like its the kids fault (ok it is he should of looked ) but its not like it will only happen to 19y/o spoilt kids
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

If he was backing up then what does anything have to do with the car being a "500hp beast" ? As far as I'm concerned that could have happened with a Toyota Echo as well.

What type of moron would by their kid a 500hp Beast for their 19'TH BIRTHDAY? Why not get him something faster, and more exclusive like a 997 or an F430.
    What??? That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

Thread Information