Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Tablet

another overpriced apple product. I heard it was suposed to be over 500$!

WTF, i have this tiny little app on my phone that does pretty much everything this will do, and it was free. Also, thanks to the guthenberg project i have access to THOUSANDS of books...

apple tablet? no thanks...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    another overpriced apple product. I heard it was suposed to be over 500$!
    I hear Apple posted record revenue and profit figures, so their products are certainly not overpriced. They are expensive, yes, but looking at the sales figures they are priced quite right.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I hear Apple posted record revenue and profit figures, so their products are certainly not overpriced.
    Earnings were posted last week; Apple's best year yet. iPhone is what did it; they are starting to take the smart-phone market from RIM. Personally, I prefer RIM to Apple. Apple is just some gimmick brand that "sells style..." from the words of Steve.

I was in New York last week for interviews and all the bankers had iPhone's as opposed to Blackberry's, which used to be the norm among traders and bankers or just business people in general.

I own a Curve and it does everything I need it to do. I mostly use it for calls, SMS, e-mail, trades/prices, music (pretty much replaced my iPod) and news... and the occasional game of Texas Hold'em. When I need an application for a list of 90 million cocktail drinks or a simulated shotgun then I might consider the iPhone. Until then...

I strongly disagree that the iPhone is just a gimmick. It does everything what it is supposed to do well and, here at least, it is not very expensive either.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I strongly disagree that the iPhone is just a gimmick.
    Trendy may have been a more correct word to use in-place of.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Trendy may have been a more correct word to use in-place of.
    "Trendy" being the negative version of "popular"?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have a netbook for those times I want to be portable with my computer.

an iPhone for those times I want a touchscreen experience.

And a novel for those times I want to read.

And a $1200 device that doesn't do any of that as well as what it's supposed to replace just bluntly won't do.

I dare say this is an innovation too far, but We'll see how it goes.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

$1200? Is there actually a price yet?

I priced up myself an iphone recently.. for the 16GB 3GS, it would have been an additional $1100 over two years over my current phone bill. That's pretty much all down to the fact that I have the cheapest plan available because I mostly use my work phone, but still. Ouch. At some point I'm sure I could justify it/the maths would be different but at the moment I'll stick to being a luddite.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Australian market shouldn't get too excited for this, methinks.

Biggest rumour swirling around is that it's a CDMA device.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Biggest rumour swirling around is that it's a CDMA device.
    That's wishfull thinking from the Verizon-whiners.
    If it's CDMA it will be a dual-mode system. GSM+CDMA. Not just CDMA. The CDMA market is ridiculously small compared to the global GSM market.

Pricing will be key with this tablet. Too high and it'll flop, badly. I've seen rumours of $1000 without a contract. That's just too high.

I've been an Apple nerd for all of my life (and own an iPhone), but this time I'm really wondering WHY I would want that mythical Apple tablet. Let's hope Steve gives me a reason to order one tonight

It makes sense to put it on CDMA - as you say, proprietary networks requiring customers to lock into a deal with nowhere else for them to take the device.

Kind of fits into Apples idea of locking the device & it's content down, don't you think?

It doesn't make sense for CDMA because the iPhone is locked to AT&T and they're GSM. Surely they'll be wanting to sell them to existing customers... I've also heard counter-rumours against the high price, and given the OS is a version of the iPhone OS, the hardware would likely be a somewhat beefier version of the same.. so it shouldn't cost too much more.

Eh, we'll know shortly. Let the speculation cease.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I was on cdma about 7 years ago. Thought cdma was dead.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

This mornings WSJ print (Money & Investing C16) basically said screw the tablet. Computer sales are slightly up, iPod are flat, and iPhone sales went on acid over the past three years. They point out that the tablet will have a little effect on the market as Apple is only getting stronger as a phone company.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA[/ame]

Everything will be just a few hundred clicks away
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Thread Information