Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda City Ga2, Help Info Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    the people who raced the mugen bulldogs in japan would strongly disagree

around tight city streets , i see 1500 kg 4wd's getting smoked by a bulldog as not impossible :-)
    STIs are based on rally cars. It's the closest thing to a rally car that any manufacturer sells (except maybe Mitsubishi's EVO). If rally cars aren't built to handle then I don't think anything is. That's why i don't think that an STI which has been bred specifically for racing on difficult and technical tracks would lose to a FWD Honda which does 0-60 in 4 and a half hrs.

specs on paper dont always translate

your missing how small these cars were & how awesome their initial accelleration was

700 kg & 110 hp

they were the ultimate mini car when they were released (the Bulldog Turbo II especially) . & in a city they are much eaiser to punt around than "your" full sized 4 door saloon STI Impreza (which have become more bloated with each new year)

i would buy a GA model City if they made them new again , but sadly small cars are being up-sized because of marketers & focus groups & designers

the Fit & Logo replacement , the "Jazz" , is a whole size bigger again than the tiny GA City

When it comes to rally cars mate, STI is the cheapest in the market u can buy. u cannot compare a STI to an EVO or Citroen C4 or even to a Ford Focus. i bet u anything if i fit the T66 turbo in the GA city and upgrade fuel injector system with a tune up ICU unit, i will beat ur STI no matter whatever the parts u put under the hood. U are under estimating the tability, less weight, FWD and unbeleivebale handling GA2 has mate. Get that right. I've already beaten STI's like nothing. thats why in the back of my car it says BABY GODZILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET2008 View Post
    When it comes to rally cars mate, STI is the cheapest in the market u can buy. u cannot compare a STI to an EVO or Citroen C4 or even to a Ford Focus. i bet u anything if i fit the T66 turbo in the GA city and upgrade fuel injector system with a tune up ICU unit, i will beat ur STI no matter whatever the parts u put under the hood. U are under estimating the tability, less weight, FWD and unbeleivebale handling GA2 has mate. Get that right. I've already beaten STI's like nothing. thats why in the back of my car it says BABY GODZILLA.
    An EVO and an STI are nearly identical in power and acceleration and are built to compete against each other, and they both outclass the Focus, I'm not sure about the Citroen as I have never seen one since i moved out of Europe roughly 8 years ago.

The fact that your car is FWD I automatically know it can't match the STi in either handling or acceleration. Looking at the car, the car aerodynamically was never built to reach huge speeds judging by its shape. FWD is economical and cheaper to build and in no way originally meant for performance. The STi has near perfect 50/50 balance so if the STi is not stable, then judging by your standards your car should feel like a boat.

I honestly don't care what you can do after you fit some enormous turbo in it because you could do the same to an STi (where mind you it would be of much better use because 4 wheels pulling is better than 2 and you'd look like an idiot as soon as we launch. Youtube "AWD Launch" and you'll see what I mean).

You putting a huge turbo in it would result in many thousands of dollars spent reinforcing that hunk of shit engine you have in there to support even a modest amount of boost and then after that you'd suffer from such insane turbo lag that you'd get bored waiting for it to spool, when it would finally spool, you would break traction immediately and spin your tires all the way up through 4th and maybe even 5th gear and what would you have at the end? A 1/4 Mile burnout and a 20 second quarter mile time.

Mind you you would also have to upgrade the gear box, pistons, injectors,rods, fuel pump, drivetrain, cooling, and many other parts in the car not just fuel pump and ECU. It would easily cost you over $20,000 USD to get that car to support a huge turbo, and that's if you find a good deal. It wouldn't surprise me if you spent upwards of $20,000 USD to get it just to not blow up the engine, let alone to be in stable running condition. Frankly I don't believe that you have that much money because if you did, you wouldn't be driving a 199X Honda City.

Not saying the STi is cheap to upgrade, no car is, but it's a whole lot cheaper to see a whole lot better results on an STi than on a Honda City.

For the record, it's not "my STi", I don't have one. I drive a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (All Wheel Drive Twin Turbo) which stock could blow your "modded Baby Godzilla" off the road, but I'm BPU right now outputting roughly 400HP so considering I've lost to a BPU STi before, I can safely assume your rust bucket of a car has nothing on the STi.

To be honest, you seem like a complete fanboy judging by your unbelievably irrational cockiness and lack of knowledge when it comes to tuning cars (especially thinking that you could put a turbo into an N/A car with just an ECU and Fuel Pump upgrade). You've never even seen an STi let alone beaten one.
    Last edited by Type17; 05-30-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

SUBARU.COM : MODEL OVERVIEW : 2008 Impreza WRX STI
    Ford Vehicles: Get Specifications for Ford Focus sedans and coupes
    About Us

STI is not the cheapest in the market and as far I know never has and never will be. Look for yourself ^^^. I think you may be in denial, the only thing you can't compare to an STI is your honda.

These STI's you've beaten, what year were they made in? 1890s? They must have been to get run down but that "thing". Your Godzilla ain't got nuf'n but a s#!t load of turbo lag.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

I think you and Drakkie will become close friends.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Citys are city cars

thats where they shine . they dont have good handeling

the Tubo II was club raced in japan , they were heavily modified to become raceable

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    An EVO and an STI are nearly identical in power and acceleration and are built to compete against each other, and they both outclass the Focus, I'm not sure about the Citroen as I have never seen one since i moved out of Europe roughly 8 years ago.

The fact that your car is FWD I automatically know it can't match the STi in either handling or acceleration. Looking at the car, the car aerodynamically was never built to reach huge speeds judging by its shape. FWD is economical and cheaper to build and in no way originally meant for performance. The STi has near perfect 50/50 balance so if the STi is not stable, then judging by your standards your car should feel like a boat.

I honestly don't care what you can do after you fit some enormous turbo in it because you could do the same to an STi (where mind you it would be of much better use because 4 wheels pulling is better than 2 and you'd look like an idiot as soon as we launch. Youtube "AWD Launch" and you'll see what I mean).

You putting a huge turbo in it would result in many thousands of dollars spent reinforcing that hunk of shit engine you have in there to support even a modest amount of boost and then after that you'd suffer from such insane turbo lag that you'd get bored waiting for it to spool, when it would finally spool, you would break traction immediately and spin your tires all the way up through 4th and maybe even 5th gear and what would you have at the end? A 1/4 Mile burnout and a 20 second quarter mile time.

Mind you you would also have to upgrade the gear box, pistons, injectors,rods, fuel pump, drivetrain, cooling, and many other parts in the car not just fuel pump and ECU. It would easily cost you over $20,000 USD to get that car to support a huge turbo, and that's if you find a good deal. It wouldn't surprise me if you spent upwards of $20,000 USD to get it just to not blow up the engine, let alone to be in stable running condition. Frankly I don't believe that you have that much money because if you did, you wouldn't be driving a 199X Honda City.

Not saying the STi is cheap to upgrade, no car is, but it's a whole lot cheaper to see a whole lot better results on an STi than on a Honda City.

For the record, it's not "my STi", I don't have one. I drive a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (All Wheel Drive Twin Turbo) which stock could blow your "modded Baby Godzilla" off the road, but I'm BPU right now outputting roughly 400HP so considering I've lost to a BPU STi before, I can safely assume your rust bucket of a car has nothing on the STi.

To be honest, you seem like a complete fanboy judging by your unbelievably irrational cockiness and lack of knowledge when it comes to tuning cars (especially thinking that you could put a turbo into an N/A car with just an ECU and Fuel Pump upgrade). You've never even seen an STi let alone beaten one.
    Talking about handling, i strongly disagree. Cuz i used to own a STI 6 and a WRX. Iam not saying they handle very bad. But u have not driven a Honda City GA2, i bet any dollar u havent cuz they are very very rare. I have, when it comes to handling, u r comparing to a STI or a WRX where they came with the lowered sports suspension built for handling where as GA2 was not. Still it handled amazingly well. I've recently done a Koni suspension upgrade, D16Z6 Vtec conversion (Forged high compression pistons, modified throttle body, AEM cam shafts and cam gear) . I have 220HP at wheels. If u wanna know what i am talking about, be my guest and have a drive. Modified Honda CITY GA2 1992 Pictures Modified Cars

This second generation Honda City GA2 with few changes and was sleeker and more optimized than the first generation model but it was paused for a while .. right ?

Still it handled amazingly well.
    that is not true

GA2s have serious limitations. their handeling at the grip limit is savage in how they can end swop

b16s wont fit without engine bay mods, & are too much for the car

get a manifold made so that insted of coming straight out of the engine it bends upwards. the have a bonnet scoop feeding it

You would have to do fiddle with them to get fueling right. they actually have a different gearbox bolt pattern to other the series engines so cant bolt a d15b etc., It is a carb model.

Thread Information