Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Elite Concept 2010

Lotus Elite Concept 2010

2014 Lotus Elite

The Lotus Elite name has been used for three vehicles from Lotus Cars.

Lotus Elite type 14 158-1963
    Lotus Elite type 75 and 83 1974-1982
    Lotus Elite Prototype 2010

….enjoy the new British Expression of Exclusivity

Ten days ahead of the official unveil at the Paris Motor Show the sun starts to rise for the dawn of Lotus’ new era - the Elite will redefine “modern classic”.

So here it is, the Lotus Elite, the first taste of what’s to come from Lotus in the future. Look up elegant in the dictionary and you’ll find variations on the following 1. dignified grace in appearance, movement, or behaviour, 2. superb taste in design, style and 3. something elegant; the ultimate refinement.

The ground-breaking new Elite is exactly that. It’s compact yet chic body is elegance incarnate. It’s not only exquisitely elegant, in keeping with Lotus’ core values, it’s a car of substance incorporating some of the very latest technological innovations Lotus has to offer. The slick retractable hard top version and the optional use of hybrid technology with KERS are typical examples of Lotus tailoring technology to deliver perfect performance.

Dany Bahar, CEO of Group Lotus said: “There’s no denying that the Elite is breathtakingly beautiful to look at but it’s so much more than that, it’s a car that over delivers in all other aspects as well. One could say it’s a car of perfect contradictions, it’s compact yet spacious, high performing yet low emitting, lightweight yet still reassuringly solid. It’s a car that we are exceptionally proud of at Lotus and we truly believe that there is nothing else like it out there both in terms of styling and performance.

“Make no mistake, there’s a definite market requirement for the Elite – it’s the ultimate sports car feel with comfort and space. There will always be those who believe that Lotus should stick to small sports cars but we didn’t take the decision to design something like the Elite lightly, it’s based on months of careful research and planning. It’s worth noting this sector has been very successful for us in the past and now the Elite raises the benchmark higher still.”

Set for release in spring 2014, this is an innovative, exciting GT that will set a new benchmark in design, performance and emissions. And it’s not all about sleek lines and stunning bodywork with this particular 2+2, what hides beneath this shark like exterior perfectly does the aesthetics justice. A front-mid positioned 5.0l V8 engine delivering up to 620 PS meaning drivers can expect to go from 0-100 km/h in approximately 3.5 to 3.7 seconds.

Elite Specification (Production Intent Prototype)
    Layout: 2+2 seater, front-mid-engined, rear wheel drive
    Dimensions: Length: 4.60m
    Width: 1.90m
    Height: 1.32m
    Engine: Petrol, hybrid optional
    Hybrid technology: Hybrid gearbox with integrated electric motors and KERS
    Cylinder: V8
    Capacity: 5.0 litre
    Power/Torque: 620 PS / 720 Nm
    Rev limit: 8,500 rpm
    0-100 km/h: 3.5 to 3.7 seconds
    Top speed: 315 km/h
    CO2 approx (CO2/km): 215 g/km (Using optional hybrid)
    Weight: 1,650 kg
    Seats: 2+2
    Transmission: Full Hybrid transmission
    Drive: RWD
    Start of production: Early 2014
    Enters the market: Spring 2014
    Price indication: Circa L115,000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (352.7 KB, 56 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (354.1 KB, 42 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (330.8 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (339.7 KB, 55 views)
    Last edited by Duell; 07-01-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Welp, that's Lotus ruined. And to make matters worse, they've urinated on the original Elite from a great height.

See also: Sniff Petrol.
    Last edited by pimento; 09-20-2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

From Lotus perfection:
    Weight: 503.5 kg
    To weird '70s 'excess':
    Weight: 975 kg
    to...
    !!!

How the mighty have fattened.

Well that's sad, i was kind of exited while looking for the weight and then - 1650kg! WHAT?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thats the Hybrid technology kicking in then. Surely it'd be more fuel efficient if you removed the 300kg of heft that a Hybrid system adds.

Having said that, It's a nice looking car, Comparisons with the Celica aside, it should be a winrar.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It looks nice, kinda like an Aston with some Mazda or Maser or something mixed in....

but yeah, 1600+ kg is stupid for anything with Lotus name on it...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Thats the Hybrid technology kicking in then. Surely it'd be more fuel efficient if you removed the 300kg of heft that a Hybrid system adds.
    That and the retractable hardtop. Theyr'e calling both of those things optional in the bumf, which makes me wonder if the porky weight figure is with or without.. Hopefully with, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    From Lotus perfection:

To weird '70s 'excess':

to...

!!!

How the mighty have fattened.
    In my book, that's still lighter than anything in the 600 hp league. I understand your complaints, though.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    In my book, that's still lighter than anything in the 600 hp league. I understand your complaints, though.
    No it isn't.

Macs, Zondas, Enzos and Carrera GTs amongst others disagree.

In any case, not interested at all in this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Unless he meant "GTs" Which this would be consider as "light". I am pretty sure 599s or DBS of the world are over 4000lbs..
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I think that (officially) the 599 GTB is 1620kg. I'm pretty confident that the Aston is quite a lot heavier though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's ok, nice and sleek but it seems to lack that wow factor that should come w/ a car w/ that much power. Confused why they used the Elite namesake tho, waaaaaayyyy to big and heavy as others have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    zr1?

I agree with the detractors. This is not what made me fall in love with lotus. And frankly, most supercar buyers dont give a crap about fuel economy. Lotus' cars in the past weren't light for fuel economy purposes, they were light because lighter is faster and fuel economy was just a convenient side effect of lightness.

I love the fact that lotus is providing this car with adequate power compared to its competition (cough evora cough) but besides that, I'm very disappointed with this car and if this is the direction that lotus is heading, im very disappointed in that also.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The Evora is getting a supercharger, so that should help. What's really bumming me out is that this probably means there's no new Esprit coming...

Ye of little faith. the Evora is a bit of a disappointment, and it's unlikely they'll abandon the Mid-Engine layout for a while. This is complimentary, not either or.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information