Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize going to bomb Syria

Nobel Peace Prize going to bomb Syria

Thus is an attempt to overthrow the last bastions of a civilized state in the Middle East. USA government and joined them (Australia, Canada, France, Israel, Italy, Japan, Qatar, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom...) once again sided with the terrorists, whom they had armed and trained. The justification of their crimes seriously not even doing - using all the tighter the tale of chemical weapons, and that before the invasion of Iraq.

Uh, what? What is the relevance of the Nobel Peace Prize? Since when was the Syrian government "civilized"? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. And, unlike Iraq, there is actually solid evidence that chemical weapons were used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeno52 View Post
    Uh, what? What is the relevance of the Nobel Peace Prize? Since when was the Syrian government "civilized"? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. And, unlike Iraq, there is actually solid evidence that chemical weapons were used.
    It is effectively guaranteed chemical weapons have been used - not necessarily in the big chemical attack, but in the aftermath of other attacks there have been reports of samples handed over to foreign entities that have tested positive for Sarin. Granted, that means nothing other then that someone has been exposed to sarin, but yeah, I agree with you Luke.

As for the original post - civilized? I mean, I guess Assad and his family and cohorts, with all their money and power, probably are pretty sophisticated and cultured people. Technically, at least.

I will also say there is the possibility that the original post was spam, but just as likely, English is "drones" second language.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Don't feed the trolls!

I'm just going to post this here and leave well alone.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    I will also say there is the possibility that the original post was spam, but just as likely, English is "drones" second language.
    This user has been around too long and has too many posts for it to be pure spam, but the second bit is very likely indeed.

And, unlike Iraq, there is actually solid evidence that chemical weapons were used.

In fact, no evidence that the Assad forces used chemical weapons there.
    Furthermore it is contrary to common sense - the regular army has a significant advantage over the terrorists and it has no need to use chemical weapons and even in the city. Especially that Assad understands the reality of who is behind what is happening and give them a pretext to invade. In Syria now working the UN commission finds out what happened, its report was not there, but the truth is no one wants, the decision to bomb has already been taken.

Uh, what? What is the relevance of the Nobel Peace Prize?
    Indeed, how important the Peace Prize, international law, human life in some distant country, thousands of dead and maimed soldiers of their own, which means the budget will be spent on war instead of education and healthcare, incarcerated U.S. citizens speak the truth about what is happening, the main to the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds have earned more money.

As for the original post - civilized? I mean, I guess Assad and his family and cohorts, with all their money and power, probably are pretty sophisticated and cultured people. Technically, at least.
    Two years ago (before there sent the terrorists) in Syria quietly worked and rested citizens of any country and religion, without fear for their lives. The authorities did not support for Fundamental Islamists. In the country side by side peacefully lived Salafis, Alawites, Kurds, Christians ... the people were guaranteed a job, food, education and medicine. if Assad's government falls, the country will be thrown back to the Stone Age. It disintegrates into small principalities controlled by local gangs groups, permanent war, death and lawlessnes.

English is "drones" second language.
    my english is really not so good

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Don't feed the trolls!
    Troll sitting in the White House, Congress and Senate, and you feed them.

Someone's bought WAY too much Russian propaganda there...

What about the Western propaganda, though?

Although I wouldn't like the subject to evolve here on the car forum really, it still amazes me how narrow and one-sided the views of many people are...

I don't buy propaganda generally. I stick to the facts; both sides have good and bad sides, but there is incontrovertible evidence that chemical weapons have been used by the Assad regime. As to whether military action is needed, well, that's not for me to decide.

How can you know whether you buy propaganda or not, I wonder? This will lead us to nothing but throwing stones into each other, which is hardly the way we want things to go, right? Anyway, every of us will stick to his own opinion, so I simply don't want to use an automotive forum as a place to discuss controversial politics when even UN and such can't come to any common conclusion. We don't know a thing about what's going on there despite some might have illusions of a great awareness about the whole situation. I'd just call to not escalate the subject here. At least here...

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    What about the Western propaganda, though?
    Understeer bothers me more, to be honest.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

#illuminati

Actually, it is starting to look like there might indeed by a politically-driven agreement to cool international tempers (not between rebels and Assad, likely, but still).
    Kerry Floats a Deal on Arms, and Russia and Syria Seize It - NYTimes.com

While there is propaganda on all sides, I generally tend to stick with whatever comes of as many different news sources as I can get my hands on. So far the feel I am getting is that most news sources are doing their damndest to find information first (often annoyingly restricted to just "the most controversial" information) so that they can be the ones to break one thing or another. Occasionally yeah, they produce incorrect information, but things aren't moving quite so quickly that such mistakes aren't getting corrected or ignored before becoming widespread.

Honestly, most of the "propaganda" that I have seen has been found in editorials since the writers will usually include some faff statistics/warped facts that no other article has mentioned, either exactly as stated or perhaps is similar but with a few twists. Its a pretty good test - if several news outlets that are widely reputed to be reliable all report the same basic set of facts (e.g. confirmed samples of sarin existing in Syria), you can at least assume that that much is true. Anything that doesn't fall within that category is quite possibly conjecture/extrapolation, a mistake/false, or otherwise the wills of some editing team.

Anyway, it looks like the world might try to bring Syria under the Chemical Weapons Convention (hopefully in actuality, rather than just implicitly). That is a brilliant idea, regardless of what happens to Syria otherwise.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Everything is terrible.

That is one of the main lessons I have learned.

Thread Information