Thread: The 6 ser after 14 years of ABSENCE

Post The 6 ser after 14 years of ABSENCE

If you’re bored of Stuttgart’s shinning stars known as Merc SL & CLs you now have a powerful rival originated from Bavaria. This beast has been in darkness for 14 years & it is still unknown whether it will be a sufficient successor for a great predecessor.
    The car now comes under the name of 645 Ci & will be on show in Frankfurt soon so you better get ready to pack your bags & get a ticket for that great event.

This monster’s main mission is to expand the Bavarian range to new boundaries; with 4.4 liters,333bhp and 332lb ft, the V8 engine is capable of pushing the car to 62 mph in a mere 5.6 secs & a top speed of 155 mph.
    3 gear boxes are available: Manual, Steptronic auto and full sequential units, and there's a fun button to sharpen up engine response, speed up shift times and add more feel to the steering.

50:50 weight distribution has just proved great but if you’re still not satisfied there is a motorized anti-roll bars for flatter cornering.
    An option from the 7ser has been adopted here: the iDrive system which a lot of people are confused of it but still considered as a revolutionary way to take control of the car.

A convertible is yet to be launched in March 2004.If you can’t wait that long you may get your 645 Ci coupe in December(UK only).

Original article was written by TOPGEAR's Alan Kidd and can be found @:
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/331/
    Last edited by kinan.f; 07-14-2003 at 12:41 AM.

The 6er is awesome, and the M6 will own the streets.
    Tdot owns you.

i'be heard the engine is really powerful, but the body loox like a coupe 7 series, and i can't stand the new ones!!!

badboy

i think it's beautiful. If you cover up the boot, it has the exact same roofline as a 911. The rear window design is taken almost exactly from an E46. The long hood, short boot, 2doors and powerful engine trademark this car. The m6 will be the most desired BMW. 500 hp v10. who would want an M5 over this mother?

Originally posted by Othix
    i think it's beautiful. If you cover up the boot, it has the exact same roofline as a 911. The rear window design is taken almost exactly from an E46. The long hood, short boot, 2doors and powerful engine trademark this car. The m6 will be the most desired BMW. 500 hp v10. who would want an M5 over this mother?
    I agree with you about the roof line. Its the first thing that struck me. But the boot!. It looks like the plastic thing they stick on taxis here to put advertising on. The front is not that much better. If it werent a BMW, I wonder what everyone would think.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

this is nonsense- this is by far the worst design ever - its has a E65 back and a Z4 front - CRAP - you cannot mix the two together - the interior looks like the z4 suddenly almost all their cars are having the z4 interior design theme - its better than the E65 but it has no class - it looks like a nissan or maybe the skyline has a better interior - well it should be functional and that is what people are looking for but the looks - i still cannot stand it - engine wise BMW does not really fool around in this region but then again we have to wait for a road test - well if it is a CL competetor - say bye bye BMW - you just lost!
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Thread Information