Thread: 2016 F-Type with manual shift....worth it??

Question 2016 F-Type with manual shift....worth it??

Jaguar F-Type manual shift, but only in the V6? - Torque News

Seriously, when paddle shift cars hit the mainstream vehicle lineup a few years ago consumers were excited and wowed at the thoughts of driving their cars like a race car driver or like some high tech video game. The only downside was after a few time of playing with the paddles and running up and down the road showing all your friends, it just becomes a novelty item.

Read my take on the move to manual........is it worth it??
    Thanks, Joe

Yes, it is.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would say so. That's the biggest difference between the 911 and the F-Type. Those who are interested in a 911 will buy it probably just for the manual.

So bravo to Jaguar for doing that.

The question should be, "does it matter?"

Sincerely,
    Disappointed In The V6
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I would say so. That's the biggest difference between the 911 and the F-Type. Those who are interested in a 911 will buy it probably just for the manual.

So bravo to Jaguar for doing that.
    I agree and I can't wait for that shootout!
    Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    The question should be, "does it matter?"

Sincerely,
    Disappointed In The V6
    Just go drive the 2015 F-Type R Coupe and then get back with me
    Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by slowjoe24 View Post
    Just go drive the 2015 F-Type R Coupe and then get back with me
    Setting your immature response aside; I have, both the R and the S, and neither impressed to the degree that the media hype had promised.

Part of that could be the automatic, part could be the tail happy steering where you never quite know when it'll come around, but you know it will. What fun factor it does have wears off fast. The F is a driver's car about the same way the drunken brawler at the bar believes himself a boxer.

Will the inevitable manual and the AWD make for a better car? Sure. They're not bad cars. I just don't like media hype.
    Turning money into memories.

If you couldn't like all media-hyped cars then you wouldn't be liking many cars...

Anyway.

When I drove the S I rather liked it. I liked the styling, the noise, the performance, the way the back of the car pushed you out of the corners,... Sure it wasn't perfect (the ride was stupid and the steering a tad too light) but it was exciting.

Then on the way home I started wondering if it was really worth the asking price (which for the car I drove was 113.000€). At that time my car was an MX-5 and I couldn't help thinking, that yes the Jag was faster and sounded (far) better, but in every other aspect the Mazda was just as good, if not better in some. Oh and it cost around 90 grand less than the F-Type.

This left me annoyed; could one of the most exciting car I had ever driven not be worth it? And then it occurred to me: it all depends on the effort to get it. If you have been saving over time to get a base sportscar and you'd have to save a lot more to get an F-Type (or quite possibly any other high-end sportscar) they are not that different. However, if you factor the price out, then just get one and enjoy it.

In a way it reminded me of my other favouritest car I have ever driven, the BMW Z4M Coupé.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Setting your immature response aside; I have, both the R and the S, and neither impressed to the degree that the media hype had promised.

Part of that could be the automatic, part could be the tail happy steering where you never quite know when it'll come around, but you know it will. What fun factor it does have wears off fast. The F is a driver's car about the same way the drunken brawler at the bar believes himself a boxer.

Will the inevitable manual and the AWD make for a better car? Sure. They're not bad cars. I just don't like media hype.
    No disrespect meant by my comment, I was just very impressed when I drove the R Coupe and as the others have said for me, it was pure excitement and I'd save up to buy one all day!!
    Thanks, Joe

Thread Information