Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 24 Hours of Le Mans Test

full service but not all time spent in the pits .. getting in and getting out
    as the new pit exit is 450m longer . it will penalize Pesca more .. . that of course if the keep that exit .
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    full service but not all time spent in the pits .. getting in and getting out
    as the new pit exit is 450m longer . it will penalize Pesca more .. . that of course if the keep that exit .
    I'll give you 20 seconds per stop extra, but it is still going to be a race and not a give-away to Audi...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

of course and I hope Audi will get beaten . some way or the other .. on pace or reliability
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    of course and I hope Audi will get beaten . some way or the other .. on pace or reliability
    I would fully support the Pescarolo......if they had a diesel. Now I have to wait till the Peugeot for next year...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have no problem with Audi running a Diesel .. and will cheer for Pug against Audi next year
    there is just winning

The Corvettes and Astons have a 25kg weight penalty for not having air conditioning. We will probably see very tired looking drivers getting out

About Peugeot, a lot of people thought that WR would run Peugeot's LMP1 programme, but that was ended when WR announced their diester LMP2 for 2007.

Audi - their soot/particulate exhaust filter is smaller and lighter and is now being developed for use on road vehicles, real tech transfer stuff. Its part of the reason the car is so quiet. Audi switched filter suppliers 8 weeks before Sebring due to problems with the original unit

Audi's testing schedule was totally mucked up by Sebring, first by losing an engine during the race (chassis 2), then by McNish smashing up the car with 13 minutes to go in the post race test (chassis 101). These delays meant that Audi have been severely limited in testing pre Le Mans. Additionally, the third R10 had to be built in a hurry (chassis 103), so Le Mans will be a bit of an unknown. Both cars (chassis 102 & 103 --101 is not yet repaired) had small problems on test day.

Audi were very interested in the JCB Dieselmax and Honda 067 Lakester articles in Racecar Engineering, could it be that the diesel engined R10 will be seen on the salt flats at Bonneville later this summer, after all the PR value of a diesel engined LMP doing 400 kph on the salt would be great - especially if they managed to beat the Honda F1 car's speed. Clearly a LMP would be better for it aerodynamically than an F1 car, and if the R10 ran un-restricted it could easily do it. Wolfgang Ullrich would not be drawn on this.
    - mulsanne's corner

Thread Information