Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Koenigsegg

68 48.92%
  • Pagani

71 51.08%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg or Pagani ?

The Zonda's styling is too busy for me. The finish of everything is brilliant, but shows that styling was placed ahead of performance and thats not my preferance.

The other issue I have with the Zonda is lack of interior space. If you wear a shoe larger than a 45 (US10) you will be seriously struggling to get to the pedals without pressing more than 1 at once.

The Koenigsegg is designed around weight concerns, aerodynamic cleanliness and having a brilliant chassis to work with. The masses of power are just for bragging rights. I personally love the "telephone dial" it places all the important controls together and makes it easy to get to them. Within seconds you can find exactly the botton you want while keeping yout eyes on the road.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Koenigsegg, although I do not like either of their styling as much as other cars, the Zonda looks to big in the rear for me. I really admire the rawness of both cars though, I just prefer the sound of that supercharged V8.

Pagani!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I reckon that the Zonda is all an italian supercar should be. Looks, noise, poise, the drama, the ambience it has everything. It traces back from an heritage tha arguably started with the Miura.
    Great said but whenever I say something like that in a Pagani Vs. Koenigsegg thread I usually start a huge arguement. That's why I was saving it for a possible future argument not started by me.

Though I did try to explain a little in this thread.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...?t=2107&page=6

zonda, nothing beats that look. besides, it won the "car" performance car of the year a while back, edged out a whole lot of other lovely cars to do it too.

i still remember about it being so useable on the limit its not hard to drive at 10/10ths at all. i would love it
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

The Pagani Zonda F is a much more refined car than the Koenigsegg CCX. I get this impression from reading/watching reviews and looking at pictures. I picked Pagani FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    The Zonda's styling is too busy for me. The finish of everything is brilliant, but shows that styling was placed ahead of performance and thats not my preferance.
    You must be joking! You telling me that the Zonda F is lacking in performance? IMO, it probably drives just as well as it looks. Have you read a single review where they complain about the Zonda's performance and blame it on the overemphasis on the looks?
    Last edited by milkpowder; 06-23-2006 at 04:50 AM.

How can you say Koenigsegg is better than Pagani !? CCs are hideous (etc....) whereas Zonda is very beautiful and largely sufficient in performance...

Quote Originally Posted by milkpowder
    You must be joking! You telling me that the Zonda F is lacking in performance? IMO, it probably drives just as well as it looks. Have you read a single review where they complain about the Zonda's performance and blame it on the overemphasis on the looks?
    You do of course realise that he didn't say that the Zonda was lacking in performance and also Cyco is probably the only UCP member to have been in a CCR on the road (did you actually drive it Cyco?), so he can commment accurately on this.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    That's a riduculous comment. Styling is placed before performance on all cars built for the road. Would you buy a Chrysler PT Cruiser that had 600 bhp? You just wouldn't. Performance in my opinion is one of the least most important thing on a road car, due to the fact they are to be driven on the road and you will hardly ever use the performance to it's full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    You do of course realise that he didn't say that the Zonda was lacking in performance and also Cyco is probably the only UCP member to have been in a CCR on the road (did you actually drive it Cyco?), so he can commment accurately on this.
    Has he also been in a Zonda on the road/track? It is difficult to make comparisons without actually driving them both. I do realise that he has had the wonderful experience of driving the CCR and I respect his views.

I probably didn't phrase my sentence in the way that I wanted. I just disagree with his view that Pagani put less emphasis on the performance to make the car look nicer. If you look at the track times of the Zonda F vs the CCX around the Top Gear track driven by an experienced professional (race-car) driver, then the facts tell you that the Zonda is by no means slow! I understand that the Top Gear track tests may not be the definitive guide, but it gives you a good idea of how good a car is around a track. Here is the link to the track times. For more proof of the performance of the Zonda F, please refer to this list of Nurburgring track times.
    Last edited by milkpowder; 06-23-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    That's a riduculous comment. Styling is placed before performance on all cars built for the road. Would you buy a Chrysler PT Cruiser that had 600 bhp? You just wouldn't. Performance in my opinion is one of the least most important thing on a road car, due to the fact they are to be driven on the road and you will hardly ever use the performance to it's full potential.
    Can you answer me a question? Which one would you rather prefer an Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 or an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Has he also been in a Zonda on the road/track? It is difficult to make comparisons without actually driving them both. I do realise that he has had the wonderful experience of driving the CCR and I respect his views.

I probably didn't phrase my sentence in the way that I wanted. I just disagree with his view that Pagani put less emphasis on the performance to make the car look nicer. If you look at the track times of the Zonda F vs the CCX around the Top Gear track driven by an experienced professional (race-car) driver, then the facts tell you that the Zonda is by no means slow! I understand that the Top Gear track tests may not be the definitive guide, but it gives you a good idea of how good a car is around a track. Here is the link to the track times. For more proof of the performance of the Zonda F, please refer to this list of Nurburgring track times.
    Unluckily for you..in the last episode of top gear the Koenigsegg set the fastet lap time ever.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Unluckily for you..in the last episode of top gear the Koenigsegg set the fastet lap time ever.
    Christian Van Koenigsegg claimed that he had seen the tests and Top Gear changed the laptime of the first 'Segg to make it slower than the Zonda. He doesn't have any proof, but what with TG being more a humour automotive thing, I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Pagani does not put looks before performance in any way. And they don't either put performance before looks. Horacio just wanted to express his feelings with the Zonda.
    That list is not that good for reference because the times are done by different drivers. If you want to compare Nordshleife times, use Sportauto's list.
    http://www.germancarzone.com/showthr...ight=sportauto

The Zonda F got the highest overall score of any supercar in their world famous "Supertest" and that wasn't even the CS version. It also beat the CCR around the ring. And the CCR is both more powerfull and lighter. The Zonda F's time was also done in worse circumstances.

Something is a little fishy about the Nordschleife time though. Both Pagani and Autodrome Cannes claimed that the F had beat the Carrera GT because Sportauto said it to them but when the mag was published it said 7.33. Although it isn't easy to beat the Carrera GT at where it was designed and developed.

Highest overall score in the world famous Sportauto Supertest despite being under powered and heavier than the CCR. Who complained about performance?

What you should complain about is that the Koenigseggs seem so superior on paper but aren't for real. Not to mention they break down once/hour.

Since when did I say that the Zonda was going to beat the CCX? I merely stated that Pagani don't put form before function by showing that the Zonda F is a good competitor of the CCX. I think that those who are shopping for a Zonda would definitely give the CCX/R some consideration too. Is 7.33 around Nordshleife not good enough for you (not you specifically, but for everyone)? Personally, I'd get both
    Last edited by milkpowder; 06-23-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Thread Information