Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: My plan executed with some C4

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Clive, I doubt Citroen will make any money with the C6. The C6 for them is halo car, much in the same way the 8C is for Alfa with the difference that Citroen will produce a few more C6s than Alfa will make 8Cs.
    Entirely true - it's just that if the C6 is too expensive, it could go down the route of the VW Phaeton. Citroen's list prices are a little ambitious (not just with the C6 actually), but this thread is an example of how you should never pay that price for a Citroen.

It may not be perfect, but it definitely has more character than anything from Sttutgart, Munich or Ingolstad.
    Again, entirely true...but then again, you could say that a brick wall has more character than some of their cars!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Again, entirely true...but then again, you could say that a brick wall has more character than some of their cars!
    haha! all out war on anything german, im a 1/4 german so i should take offense I guess the wee frenchy has had its own share of abuse thus far anyway - i think a race between the 118d and the C4 might sort this - none of this poncy "ooh the ride spills my latte"
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    none of this poncy "ooh the ride spills my latte"
    lmao
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

haha! all out war on anything german, im a 1/4 german so i should take offense I guess the wee frenchy has had its own share of abuse thus far anyway - i think a race between the 118d and the C4 might sort this - none of this poncy "ooh the ride spills my latte"
    Don't get me wrong I think the 1-series is a brilliant car but every now and then a C30 or a C4 goes by and I wonder why didn't we buy one of those. And then a corner comes and everything is clear...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Attached Images Attached Images
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Haha! If said race is on snow, you're on.

Don't get me wrong I think the 1-series is a brilliant car but every now and then a C30 or a C4 goes by and I wonder why didn't we buy one of those. And then a corner comes and everything is clear...
    True. I'd actually like a 118d, but at UK prices once specced with options, things just get silly. £25k for the spec I'd want...! You could find a very nice E46 320Cd for that.

It says a lot of the current market that the 1-series is the cheapest "normal-shape"* RWD car on sale here in the UK.

*"Normal shape" meaning "not a sports car", like the MX-5 etc.

BTW: It looks like Tom had the last laugh on this "French V German" thing! That's absolute class!!!

*"Normal shape" meaning "not a sports car", like the MX-5 etc.
    I believe the 1-series is the cheapest rear wheel drive four seater currently on sale.
    BTW: It looks like Tom had the last laugh on this "French V German" thing! That's absolute class!!!
    I don't know if you have the same C5 ad as us, but I hate the one we have. Frenchies pretending to be Germans? What the hell were they thinking?

YouTube - Anuncio Citroën C5 - Carácter alemán, espíritu francés
    Visca Catalunya!

I believe the 1-series is the cheapest rear wheel drive four seater currently on sale.

I don't know if you have the same C5 ad as us, but I hate the one we have. Frenchies pretending to be Germans? What the hell were they thinking?

Almost the same, a few differences in the detailing.

Link
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Identity crisis or not that ad is pretty sweet.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

they were probably thinking about mainstream journalists who routinely declare anything not coming from Germany as "lacking in quality/using chep materials" etc etc...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, it's a dig at those that consider German cars to be superior in every way (Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers, and the "wannabes" that can "only" afford a VW Golf).

Some may get defensive when I mention the above, but it's actually quite a common occurrence. An example was the Porsche 911 driver, who upon seeing a Gallardo driver that I was spoke to walked over to him and announced (pointing at the Gallardo) "I don't know why people buy these, the Porsche is just as fast, costs less money and doesn't break down all the time."

These kind of people turn everything into a "pissing contest" where they only consider things like 0-60 times and BHP. They know the cost of everything, yet the value of nothing.

I happen to like very much some of the cars that said losers drive, and if I choose to buy one, I wont let them put me off...but what I will do is choose a specification and / or colour that is not only exactly what I want but makes the car stand-out amongst the grey rep-spec herd.

Hey, mine is blue and doesn't have the stupid M-packs and M badges.

That has to count for something...
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes, it's a dig at those that consider German cars to be superior in every way (Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers, and the "wannabes" that can "only" afford a VW Golf).
    sweeping stuff. I would say keen drivers pick cars to suit. Idiots pick whatever they want priuses, range rovers, minis...image issues are everywhere and sure there are these "middle managers".

Some may get defensive when I mention the above,
    anyone in particular? Ferrer and I bought cars we felt met our need not because we are "Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers". I wont go on...

but it's actually quite a common occurrence. An example was the Porsche 911 driver, who upon seeing a Gallardo driver that I was spoke to walked over to him and announced (pointing at the Gallardo) "I don't know why people buy these, the Porsche is just as fast, costs less money and doesn't break down all the time."
    hed be a dick and might as well buy a vectra, plus he should know gallerdo = Audi. A guy i work with slagged of a mondeo owner saying his x-type was better..hows that for a laugh.

These kind of people turn everything into a "pissing contest" where they only consider things like 0-60 times and BHP. They know the cost of everything, yet the value of nothing.
    ..The problem is the rift between these people and the people who want to buy the same cars for proper reasons.

I happen to like very much some of the cars that said losers drive, and if I choose to buy one, I wont let them put me off...but what I will do is choose a specification and / or colour that is not only exactly what I want but makes the car stand-out amongst the grey rep-spec herd.
    the losers you describe only exist in the minds of these people you dont like..just ignore it. People here are pationate about cars and understand your point. I get these people (Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers) up my behind and expecting a race, i ignore them..the end.

Maybe I will put a citroen badge on my car and be done with it...
    Last edited by jediali; 04-20-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    autozine.org

sweeping stuff. I would say keen drivers pick cars to suit. Idiots pick whatever they want priuses, range rovers, minis...image issues are everywhere and sure there are these "middle managers".

anyone in particular? Ferrer and I bought cars we felt met our need not because we are "Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers". I wont go on...
    Ahem, if you read my post(s) again, you'll find that I am in no way saying that all drivers of German cars are the same, and I don't consider anyone on UCP to be "The stereotypical BMW driver". All that I am saying is that it's noticeable when driving (locally at least) that most of the drivers driving in an unsatisfactory manner are driving "rep-spec" German cars in unimaginative colours. That's all.

hed be a dick and might as well buy a vectra, plus he should know gallerdo = Audi.
    Huh? I don't get the connection between the 911 and the Vectra...how is a FWD family/rep car supposed to compare with a Gallardo?

A guy i work with slagged of a mondeo owner saying his x-type was better..hows that for a laugh.
    That is pretty damn funny, lmao! Classic!

I hope you set him straight!

..The problem is the rift between these people and the people who want to buy the same cars for proper reasons.
    BINGO!!!

My ideal daily driver on a £20-25k budget would be a (used) 3-Series Convertible (I love RWD cars and sadly there aren't ANY alternatives in the same class for me to choose between), but finding one that's in a non-poser spec and a decent colour is very hard. Last time I checked there were only 3 red ones on AutoTrader.

I get these people (Stereotypically egocentric middle-management Audi and BMW drivers) up my behind and expecting a race, i ignore them..the end.
    Ignoring them on the road is easy unless they do something REALLY stupid. Ignoring their effect on the motor industry is harder. These are the same people that get all their car knowledge from watching "Top Gear", and en masse cause anything that's not what they want to be regarded as tat, affecting things like resale values and even the "good" companies within the British car industry e.g. TVR.

Thread Information