Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80,000$ mustang?!!!!!

80,000$ mustang?!!!!!

Ford Mustang GT500KR priced at $79,995 - Autoblog

This is rediculous. It costs more than a z06 and im sure the z06 will be superior just like the c6 is superior to the normal gt500.

why anyone would pay 80k for a mustang is beyond me.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Why anyone would buy a mustang full stop is beyond me
    The Datto will rage again...

not sure what "full stop" means...

but mustang GT's are decent cars. they are pretty quick, and reasonably priced. i personally think they look tacky but public opinion seems to differ from me.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

You suggested "why would anyone pay 80k for a stang?" what i meant by "full stop" was why would anyone buy one at all? Its like buying a Nike T Shirt. Its exactly the same shirt as the K mart one, youre just paying for the name.

Same diff here, for the price, theres WAY better cars out there.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Same diff here, for the price, theres WAY better cars out there.
    I can agree with you there (for the KR, not the gt) I never thought i would say this, but i would rather pay for an NSX than for the mustang gt500kr

i think hell just froze over

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I think its more of an image car than a car they're expecting to sell in significant numbers, so don't worry about the price, you're not getting one. :P

And don't compare things to the Z06, its an anomaly.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post

And don't compare things to the Z06, its an anomaly.
    yeah, compare it to the GTR
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    I think its more of an image car than a car they're expecting to sell in significant numbers, so don't worry about the price, you're not getting one. :P
    Exactly. Ford probably figured out at what maximum price they can sell the limited number they plan to build. If all are sold, the price was right.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Exactly. Ford probably figured out at what maximum price they can sell the limited number they plan to build. If all are sold, the price was right.
    im sure they will sell every single one of them.

GTR, Z06, whatever, the car costs waay too much and i guarantee both cars will outperform it.

Well, look at it this way, nobody thought there would ever be a $100,000 Corvette.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale View Post
    Well, look at it this way, nobody thought there would ever be a $100,000 Corvette.
    True, but you're not getting some pig that's going to be slightly better than its little brother.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale View Post
    Yeah, but the $100,000 Corvette will surely perform like cars above its class.

The Mustang, on the other hand, still has a solid rear suspension, iirc and skinny-ish tires. It's poorly matched against other cars in that price range.

BTW, is there going to be a Corvette Z06, or did the Blue Devil replace it?

Maybe Ford saw what GM did with the ZR1 and gave it a shot. Take their sports car, give it a power boost, tweak with the aero and chassis and give it a huge price tag, they just didn't execute it like GM did.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    BTW, is there going to be a Corvette Z06, or did the Blue Devil replace it?
    Yes, there will still be a Z06
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Why anyone would buy a mustang full stop is beyond me
    Because they are great bang for the buck cars for ppl who want to build a car to perform to their tastes. Built not bought. We can't all afford to pay 50K for a toy. Ppl outside of the musclecar culture never seem to understand the existance of cars like the Mustang or Camaro. Truth be told, you don't have to understand it.

Now 80K for a Mustang.....yea, that's going too far. It completely obliterates the very concept behind the pony/musclecar.......which is cheap performance for the masses. When they build a Mustang with a wordclass suspension and powertrain that will compete against the best in its price range/class, and package it together with second to none fit and finish.......then I can condone an 80K price tag for a Mustang. Until then....its just a standard 41K GT500 with a CF hood, a smaller pulley, and better springs.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    not sure what "full stop" means...
    Full stop is english for period.

Thread Information