Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beating the nissan gt-r around the ring

beating the nissan gt-r around the ring

what FMR/F4 cars do you speculate will have a chance at beating the nissan gt-r.

no one knows for sure because this beast goes around the ring faster than other cars that weighs less and has more power. i am not even going to take cost into the equation because it would give other cars no chance.

so far though, the known front-midship engine rear/all wheel drive cars that can beat this thing are the lfa nurburgring edition, viper acr, and corvette zr1/z06s. what else stands a chance?

will amg do a "black edition" of the sls amg? will the 2014 lotus elite have the ability to beat it? will the million pound aston martin one-77 have the ability to beat it? this is all speculation but i still want to know what you guys think.

the fact that the gt-r beat cars while COSTING LESS than others is absolutely amazing, but nobody seems to really give a flying ****. they do it too without the ruthless weight stripping that 911 GT3s do, nor the gas gazzling 6L+ SC pushrods that corvettes and vipers use, and you can get two or three GT-Rs for the price of a 599/FF. on top of that it is probably more reliable than all those cars because it is a nissan. it is also more weather friendly because of the awd.

i had always known this before but now it REALLY shows people buy expensive cars just for the badge. but sooner or later, more and more gt-r beaters will emerge. i just wish i could know what they were right now.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Their are many cars that top the GTR, FYI.
    List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oddly enough, the ones at the very top can best the GTR yet are cheaper
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Yet nowhere near as usable...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Why are you designating FMR? Don't you mean front engine-RWD? FMR is a joke of a designation that marketers use to try to make it sound like their front engine car has the cache that comes with a true mid-engine car.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Why are you designating FMR? Don't you mean front engine-RWD? FMR is a joke of a designation that marketers use to try to make it sound like their front engine car has the cache that comes with a true mid-engine car.
    Well, It's is also used to describe if the engine is behind the front axel or on top. FR is having the engine on top of the axel (BMW's ex.) FMR is having the engine behind the front axel but in front of the cabin (Viper, SLR and SLS ex.)

I do not know if the GTR is a true FMR for this description.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Their are many cars that top the GTR, FYI.
    List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oddly enough, the ones at the very top can best the GTR yet are cheaper
    **facepalm**

well i specifically said that i was interested in somewhat more practical front engined vehicles and the some of the ones above the gt-r on that list are not even road legal outside of western europe.

of course anyone can strap a v10 and double wishbone suspension on a chassis with no body on it and rip it around the ring fast BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT I AM ASKING. I AM TALKING ABOUT REAL CARS THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THE MASS MARKET CAN IDENTIFY. How dare you insinuate i was unaware of the existence of these other vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I designate FMR because most front engined cars that stand a chance up here have the engine behind the front axel.WHY NOT DESIGNATE FMR?!?! FMR IS A TYPE OF FRONT ENGINE RWD, so yes, i DID mean that. it is not a joke of a designation because it changes the vehicle dynamics significantly and it does not "sound like their front engine car has the cache...". WTF!? You don't know what you are talking about.

I honestly don't even know what the point of these two posts were. no wonder senior members have given up on these forums. new members are absolutely worthless.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

wow I just read those two posts again and my mind still can not fathom the stupidity that went into them. just fail. epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i had always known this before but now it REALLY shows people buy expensive cars just for the badge.
    Shows what you know about road cars
    People buy expensive cars for more than just the badge. It's well documented, how the GT-R is absurdly fast and all of that, but lacks emotion. It does what it does because of AWD, but it's not that exciting. On the road it doesn't matter if your car can beat other cars around the Nurburgring, because you can't go that fast or push it that hard anyway. What matters is how it feels and how it makes you feel.

I'd take the slower 458 Italia any day, for its raucous V8, the sound it makes, the styling, and the RWD. In fact, for GT-R money, I could have an older 360 Spyder. And I would.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    wow I just read those two posts again and my mind still can not fathom the stupidity that went into them. just fail. epic fail.
    Woah, hey. Hold on now. That list is a list of production cars. Saying "cars that most people in the mass market can identify" is just you trying to cut down the list of cars that can beat the GT-R, to make it look better. Fact is, you can go down the street (figuratively) and buy a Radical SR8, and then drive it home. It is a real car.
    So don't go throwing around the word "stupidity".
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Fact is, you can go down the street (figuratively) and buy a Radical SR8, and then drive it home. It is a real car.
    So, you can buy a Radical SR8 straight from a dealership in the U.S.? Can one drive a Radical SR8 in the snowy, rain-covered, roads....almost anywhere in the world? Does the Radical even have trunk space?

It's really not that difficult to understand; the GT-R can run around the 'ring, topping most of the exotics and be a daily commute car; a car you can drive to work, college, etc. with.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

do any of the factory modified EVO's get close to it? figure if nothing else they'd give 90% of the performance for 50% of the price

Off topic: GT-R's, who cares if they are useable elsewhere?
    i like my track cars wild, and my street cars with more useable performance. does anybody else find the compromise off putting?

edit: also lol @ 'reliable nissan'
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 08-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Since when does the ability to buy something in the USA make it any more or less important to anyone in the rest of the world?

You can easily drive the Porsches that beat it daily, but they have been ruled out due to another bias.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Their is no need to be so rude. The Corvette Zo6 is probably THE most usable supercar. And that is a fact. They come with a 100,000 mile warranty, you can go to any GM dealer to fix it (which I can tell you for a fact is cheaper than a nissan dealer), you don't need to service turbos, you don't need to import a technician from japan to service the gearbox, and while it doesn't have four seats, it has a full 22cu ft of space, matching the GTR. And it does get better milage because it is lighter and its engine is much more simple, and it doesn't have a heavy dual clutch and two drive shafts and driving all four wheels.

So please, quit you're trolling
    Last edited by Magnum9987; 08-19-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    People buy expensive cars for more than just the badge.
    99% of people actually don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    does anybody else find the compromise off putting?
    I find it very respectable, but not really my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Since when does the ability to buy something in the USA make it any more or less important to anyone in the rest of the world?

You can easily drive the Porsches that beat it daily, but they have been ruled out due to another bias.
    The US is the centre of the world, didn't you know?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

I find it very respectable, but not really my cup of tea.
    i agree with that, but what i mean is if someone gave me the money and said "buy a street car" i'd find myself in a maserati gran turismo?

if i took a GTR to the track i'd end up spending money on it until it's no longer suitable for the street, if i used it on the street i'd find myself wanting something smaller/better looking/better sounding/enjoyable at lower speeds.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

If I have the GTR money, I'd buy it....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information