View Poll Results: how do you destroy ur liver, if its flavoured please tell

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • beer: darker (ale, stout, or porter)

21 31.82%
  • beer: pale lager (american, belgian, Dutch wheat)

31 46.97%
  • beer: pilsner style lager (czech, german, austrian and some canadian lagers to name a few)

33 50.00%
  • beer: other (malt liquor, bock, cream, etc)

9 13.64%
  • wine: red

19 28.79%
  • wine: white

11 16.67%
  • vodka

24 36.36%
  • whisky: canadian

4 6.06%
  • whisky: scottish

19 28.79%
  • whiskey: american

15 22.73%
  • whisk[e]y: other (japanese, irish, flavoured/spiced etc)

7 10.61%
  • fruit based spirits such as gin, brandy, and schnapps

13 19.70%
  • other spirits such as amaretto, sambucca, baijiu, absinthe, sake, triple sec, moonshine just to name a few)

15 22.73%
  • tequila (state either white or dark tequila)

10 15.15%
  • rum (state either white or amber rum)

14 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: alcoholic beverage poll

call me stubborn but i still won't believe it until I see a statistic
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    call me stubborn but i still won't believe it until I see a statistic
    It was tough to find some kind of export statistics and local drinking trends, but I did come across this:

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Drinks
    For decades, Scotch whisky and Cognac have dominated the world markets for premium spirits. However, in recent years, this near duopoly on premium consumption has been broken. In Mexico, super-premium Tequilas have become an alternative at most celebrations, and in the US and Russia the explosion of super-premium vodkas shows no signs of slowing. There are now also signs that aged golden rums are beginning to take sales from Scotch and Cognac across a number of markets. Its progress is most marked in Spain, followed by Italy, but there is also evidence of growth in the US, UK, Germany and France.

The reasons for these improving fortunes are varied but tend to come down to a number of factors. Rums have more exotic associations than Scotch or Cognac for younger drinkers, and growth has also been underpinned by the popularity of Latino culture in many markets.

Despite all these inherent advantages, there is little doubt that, relatively, rum has lagged behind other categories in terms of both internationalisation (with Bacardi being the exception) and premiumisation. The principal reason for this lies with the industry structure. For many years, rum was a cottage industry, dominated by Caribbean or Central American producers. Few had either the resources or vision to challenge Bacardi. However, the entry of the major multinationals in recent years is providing greater focus and investment in the category. They are providing much-needed investment and distribution clout.
    Not until very recently have smaller caribbean rum companies exported to places like Europe or the Pacific due to Bacardi's market power. Going back to what I said in another post, countries outside of the Caribbean would end up taking the remainder of rum sales where sugar is grown locally.

I skimmed this but it may be a good read, albeit almost 10 years old.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 06-13-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Well, obviously I can't really speak for the rest of the world, but the most widely available rums in the UK are probably Bacardi (Puerto Rico), Morgan's Spiced (Jamaica), and Havana Club (Cuba). So obviously most rums here are from the Caribbean.

Interestingly, I've just found out that you guys in the States don't get Havana Club rum (ie the best rum in the world) because of the trade embargo with Cuba. Although you do apparently get a rum called 'Havana Club' that is actually produced by Havana's bitterest rival Bacardi. Go figure.

Sucks to be you though. You're missing out being stuck with Bacardi and that Captain Morgan horse piss.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

HAHG MOST OF HTE RUM IS TFROM MY STOMACHH!!!!!!!!!! neSWBS!!! LAWL
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Sucks to be you though. You're missing out being stuck with Bacardi and that Captain Morgan horse piss.
    I'm not too bothered by it. Rum's specialty is to be mixed in with girly stuff so paying premiums for higher quality rum is negated, at least for me.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Rum's specialty is to be mixed in with girly stuff
    at least for me.
    here let me help you

1. pour the rum into a shot glas
    2. drink whats left in the bottle

try it

it feels good

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    here let me help you

1. pour the rum into a shot glas
    2. drink whats left in the bottle

try it

it feels good
    I hate rum shots.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I hate rum shots.
    x2
    mixed ftw
    i like it in this drink:
    Jamaica Sunday Drink Recipe - How to make a Jamaica Sunday cocktail
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

uh cocktails, i soak a bunch of marijuana stems of a plethora of strains in a mickey of vodka, keep it in the dark for a few weeks (or if impatient, attempt to boil it to remove alcaloids) and then drink it

i love canada

bumpage

Quite the thread bump, bling. I own a nightclub/bar and have practiced "mixology" for three decades. Always enjoyed classic cocktails and have even written about the craft, before it became fashionable. I like alcohol of every type and never considered myself a heavy drinker but after getting the latest blood work & physical, stopped drinking altogether... with the exception of a glass of good red wine with dinner. My diet is healthy, LDLs are decent at 188, HDLs good at 66, but TGL's are over 300. That number spooks me.

Plus, an eGFR of 93 is serious indication of potential for kidney disease. My nightcap days are over.
    Moderation and reasonable excercise hasn't been enough.

Here's a recipe I invented years ago. Enjoy one for me.

Agave Maria
    2 oz Reposado Tequila
    1 oz Tia Maria
    dash of Grand Marnier

Shake well with ice, strain into a cocktail glass
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

My favorite beverage is white rum preferably added to mojito or some other fresh cocktail
    Last edited by henk4; 06-13-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Beer. I get Molson Canadian when I can, that's my day-to-day favourite. If not that then I prefer a Pilsner or a medium lager. Czechvar, Spaten, and Warsteiner are also frequents in my fridge.

I do have a bottle of Glenmorangie put away from which I might take a double once/week or only to celebrate/console myself. It ain't cheap but it sure is a pleasure to drink when the weekend is upon me.

I am not a fan of stouts normally, but North Coast Brewing Co., out of Northern California, puts out Old Rasputin, which is an amazing and strong nearly opaque stout. About $9 for a 4-pack but worth every cent. I buy it maybe twice per year.

Summertime prompts a lot of Molson, but once in a while I like to switch up and get a Weissbier. Leinenkugel, a midsize brewery out of Chippewa Falls, WI, puts out a delightful orange-tainted brew.

My all-time favourite is Stiegl, but this Austrian specialty is exceptionally rare and spectacularly expensive here in the states. Expect perhaps $10/l for this one. A shame since it's as cheap as candy in Austria. I usually have to wait until one of us has a chance to visit our family in Austria and smuggle some back before I can enjoy a bottle, maybe two, of this sweetheart of a beer.
    Last edited by jcp123; 10-07-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Beer. I get Molson Canadian when I can, that's my day-to-day favourite. If not that then I prefer a Pilsner or a medium lager. Czechvar, Spaten, and Warsteiner are also frequents in my fridge.
    Holy jcp's back Batman! What's up dog?

Canada thanks your patronage. A certain Quebecois UCP member told me that the former Molson HQ in Montreal is locked down due to asbestos being everywhere. Maybe it's been deemed historic as you can see it on the run into DT Montreal from the west.

There are a lot of bad things about buying alcohol in Canada (price, limited hours), but the LCBO has tons of more obscure foreign and domestic beers available. Here's your Stiegl jcp. I see it all the time in the when I am in the LCBO, and I never go in the LCBO.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Been busy with a new job. They just re-organized, knocked the stress level down a ton. So I am back here...and two other sites I used to post on regularly too.

You da man. Stiegl will give me another reason to head up to Niagara Falls again. Now to find an excuse to accompany my wife on a visit to her sister in Rochester, our launching pad to Niagara...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information