Thread: Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R

Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R

Sebring 2005 and Le Mans 2005
    Also on show in Geneva is the Spyker C8 Spyder. Spyker’s new race model, the Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R, is based on this production car. Spyker Squadron, the factory’s race department, has entered two entirely in-house developed Spyker C8 Spyder GT2Rs for both the 12 Hours of Sebring, Florida, USA (19 March 2005) and for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, France (18-19 June 2005).

Victor Muller, CEO Spyker Cars: “2005 will again be a challenging year for Spyker Squadron, which intends to make its return to the international endurance racing arena. This is the third time since our incorporation in 2000 that we are participating in the world famous race at Sebring. Both Sebring and Le Mans are particularly demanding. Le Mans, however, is the ultimate endurance test for our cars.”

Muller continues: “In 2004 Spyker investigated a number of alternatives for Le Mans 2005. We considered building a Le Mans prototype car for the GTP class or return to GT racing with a penalty free Spyker. We chose the latter option and in the Autumn of 2004 started developing the Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R, a race version of the Spyker C8 Spyder.”

The Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R runs the Audi V8 engine used in all road cars. The race version of this engine has been developed in-house by Spyker Squadron’s technical team, headed by Peter van Erp and is mated to a Hewland six speed sequential gearbox.

Spyker will hold a press conference regarding its participation, drivers and sponsors and present its race cars at a later date in its factory in Zeewolde.

Participation at Sebring is confirmed with starting numbers 47 and 48 allocated. This challenging 12-hour classic takes place on 19 March 2005. Invitations for Le Mans will be issued by the Le Mans organisation Automobile Club de L’Ouest after Sebring. Le Mans will take place on 18 and 19 June 2005. The test weekend for Le Mans will take place on 4 and 5 June 2005. Le Mans will take place on 18 and 19 June 2005.

The Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R will become available to privateers after Le Mans 2005. Depending on specifications prices will start from 325.000 euro (excluding any taxes, ex factory). The factory will provide full service to privateers throughout Europe and the United States. For more information: www.spykercars.com

pictures from
    www.sportscarpros.com and
    www.racingfanatics.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gt-One; 03-19-2005 at 04:22 PM.

Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

nice pics howd it do at sebring? i saw part of the race but not the end dont even no wen it ends

Danm such an awesome car company. I love their C8 spyder it's such an awesome car. It's to bad not many people know about this awesome company.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Why the decision to go topless I wonder? Not good for the aerodynamics, so unless they are allowed to have more power or something I can't quite understand the reasoning.

Even if the difference in speed to the other GT2 cars is small, over an endurance race that will add up.

Still, it is good to have more teams entering a wider variety of cars.
    Good to see the LNT T400R there as well.
    Thanks for all the fish

Best looking car being raced this year.

It definitely looks awesome, but I don't know how well it did at Sebring. I do know that the last time I was watching the C6-R's were 1-2 in GT1.

EDIT: I just saw that the Corvettes didn't win but 2nd and 3rd isn't bad.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 03-20-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Thread Information