Thread: Veilside is back on Ferrari (575)

Veilside is back on Ferrari (575)

Sorry for old news if it is.

Big V12 up front and rear wheel drive. This has always been the recipe of a true Ferrari. Sure the mid-engined V8 series of cars have proven to be impeccable performers but there is something special about a big Ferrari GT. When the 550 Maranello was unveiled I truly suffered. It was such a special looking car I would have done anything to own one. Living close to one of the UK's biggest Ferrari dealers didn't really help as not one day went by that I did not see the 550 in all its glory out on test drives or sitting in the showroom. It was hell, in a good way. But fast forward a few years and I now find myself in front of Veilside's version of the updated original car, the 575 Maranello.

As with the Bentley Continental GT this Ferrari is part of the new Premium Collection the company recently launched. Mr. Yokomaku, the founder and president of Veilside, got to work on the 575's exterior by creating a subtle kit that would add some Veilside style to the Italian exotic. Using carbon fiber he molded a deeper front splitter into the original front bumper and integrated canards on the sides to generate some front downforce. This, in theory, should help high speed cornering while the rear Venturi diffuser generates more downforce. Some side under spoilers finish off the kit which looks pretty menacing on this black demo car. 19-inch Andrew Premier Series chrome wheels are used for an in your face pimp look, and wear Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyres...massive 355/25 for the rears!

The titanium exhaust, which costs ¥1.5 million(!), does wonders for the Maranello's V12, which in Ferrari terms does not sound at all special. The aggressive down-changes made by the F1 gearbox are followed by lots of crackling and backfiring which sounds pretty nice out on the road.
    The interior has been upholstered in red ostrich leather which doesn't look as horrendous as it sounds, but why anyone would replace the soft Italian leather of the standard car is beyond me. A Pioneer head-unit with flip-out LCD screen takes care of the audio/video install which also includes and HD navigation module.

Sorry for the large images.

Personally, that red interior isn't my cup of tea.
    But I think this is one of the better things to come from Veilside. I'd buy it.

Edit by Taz: I'm posting the first 4 of your pics as attachments and will post your last 4 as attachments myself so that the page will load faster for our members on a dail up connection, cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 06-25-2005 at 02:13 PM.

12 cylinders or walk!

Cheers F1, I lost these pictures
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I said it last time and i'll say it again... That bumpy leather crap is absolutely disgusting!!!

it looks like it has the mumps. I dont like the rims or the front either, actually id just rather have a stock ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    it looks like it has the mumps. I dont like the rims or the front either, actually id just rather have a stock ferrari.
    Yeah... if I wanna be a so called PIMP, I'm sure to buy a Hummer or something like that.

Tip for Veilside: call Mr. 50 Cent, I'm sure he will be interested
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Nice
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    Same here.

I think the bumps are from ostrich hide, but I'm not sure. The car looks ok ( - the rims) from the outside but that interior is just nasty. BTW, these pics are like 6 months old.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

aside from hating the rims and the interior...i cant stand the exhaust tips, they match the wheels
    Last edited by chris98891; 06-25-2005 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo

The interior has been upholstered in red ostrich leather which doesn't look as horrendous as it sounds
    I'm sorry, but it does look more horrendous than it sounds.

Ostrich leather is supposed to be more exclusive hence more expensive than normal calf leather, but I don't like it that much. However, the thing that really pisses me off are the wheels. They make the 575 look very cheap. I'm not a great fan of aftermarket rims on Ferraris. The original rims are perfect, so why fix it if it ain't broke?
    i cant stand the exhaust tips
    Neither can I.

Other than the ugly ostrich leather and rediculous wheels/exhaust, this car does look pretty good. I heard a replacement is on its way?

F1 Master's last 4 pics

His pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Ok, thanks Taz.

I'll be sure to add them as attachments next time.

I still think that other than Hamann, these "tuning" companies should NOT be touching exotics.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    I still think that other than Hamann, these "tuning" companies should NOT be touching exotics.
    i think you're right. RUf, hamman... they're ok, but veilside should stick to supras
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information