Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: my mk3 golf gti 16v

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the 205 isn't exactly the most round car in the world.
    In comparison with the Golf, it's a tennis ball.

The 500 Sport is something to look forward too, and it's from this decade...
    I love it. A neighbour has a yellow one with some Abarth extras. looks damn nice. A future classic for sure.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    For the size, speed and agility only the 106 on GTI and Rallye variants.
    I was thinking in those terms, but also why not consider the 205 GTI or the Golf GTI Mk I?
    The two 106s are slightly more modern; and I'd rather have the 106 GTi than the 205 GTi. Hell, I'd take the 306 GTi-6, as it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    The two 106s are slightly more modern; and I'd rather have the 106 GTi than the 205 GTi. Hell, I'd take the 306 GTi-6, as it happens!
    Renault Clio Williams?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

GOLF a59
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    GOLF a59
    That wasn't even produced.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Renault Clio Williams?
    Haha, I've always wondered what those are like. I hear nothing but good things- including "God's own hot hatch" as one piece of praise. A shame that there's not many around any more.

That wasn't even produced.
    money can do miracles

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    money can do miracles
    Oh it can. But 370bhp in a Golf, particularly the vaguely stodgy Mk. III, is overkill.

i think it is a nice one

Quote Originally Posted by zingermann View Post
    i think it is a nice one
    thanks

I've got a question, is it normal that the cooling fan for the radiator works when coolant temperature is about 70 degrees celcius when oil temperature is 90 degrees . Are these optimal running temperatures?

I've got it for a week now and today a white van whit two criminal-looking dudes stopped when I was cleaning the( immensly dirty) engine bay and asked if I sold it , I replied them that I just bought it myself and there faces got sour and they just drove away.. hope I don't see them again
    Last edited by ripper46; 03-27-2007 at 03:59 PM.

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Oh dear, just keep the keys up in your bedroom or something, as a safety precaucion. We used to keep our car keys on a hook in the back utility room by the back door until someone broke in, made off with my Mum's handbag, my phone, my iPid Nano and Dad's old car keys. Having heard the thief/thieves make their way out my parents came rushing into the kitchen from down the hall in the Livingroom yelling at Alex & i to get down from up here in the office. I noticed the keys were gone and was sent out to stand watch over the car whilst Dad went to look for the only spare key, the workshop key, for it. (Workshop key= small, plastic key that unlocks drivers door and gives 15seconds to get in and start the engine or all hell brakes loose). Luckily they didn't get the keys, but it meant we had to hide the car in my grandparents carport 5miles away with the car locked and my bike chain hooked around the door pull and the steering wheel, just incase the bastards did eventually find the car. 2 weeks like this and we finally traded it in for £2500 and got the current car which Dad had been planning to get later on in the year. So yeah, just incase, as you said they looked a little dodgey, keep the keys hidden and try to keep the car in view of your house.

This is a Public Service Announcement: Courtesy of Tom Waugh...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Oh dear, just keep the keys up in your bedroom or something, as a safety precaucion. We used to keep our car keys on a hook in the back utility room by the back door until someone broke in, made off with my Mum's handbag, my phone, my iPid Nano and Dad's old car keys. Having heard the thief/thieves make their way out my parents came rushing into the kitchen from down the hall in the Livingroom yelling at Alex & i to get down from up here in the office. I noticed the keys were gone and was sent out to stand watch over the car whilst Dad went to look for the only spare key, the workshop key, for it. (Workshop key= small, plastic key that unlocks drivers door and gives 15seconds to get in and start the engine or all hell brakes loose). Luckily they didn't get the keys, but it meant we had to hide the car in my grandparents carport 5miles away with the car locked and my bike chain hooked around the door pull and the steering wheel, just incase the bastards did eventually find the car. 2 weeks like this and we finally traded it in for £2500 and got the current car which Dad had been planning to get later on in the year. So yeah, just incase, as you said they looked a little dodgey, keep the keys hidden and try to keep the car in view of your house.

This is a Public Service Announcement: Courtesy of Tom Waugh...
    We have had 2 break ins in the last 5 years here, no cars were hurt in the proces though , as for my car it has an effective alarm and an owner who will not hesitate to kill ( when he hears this alarm )

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Haha, modern Audi alarms are pathetic. The just set the hazard lights going and bleep really really quietly. Compared to my friends Mum's 2005 Ford Galaxy with sets all the lights going, horn blasting, siren wailing and bleeps...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Haha, modern Audi alarms are pathetic. The just set the hazard lights going and bleep really really quietly. Compared to my friends Mum's 2005 Ford Galaxy with sets all the lights going, horn blasting, siren wailing and bleeps...
    Its an aftermarket system

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

here are some pics of the cleaned engine bay, too bad I didn't take a picture when the engine was covered in sand and oil
    Attached Images Attached Images

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Thread Information