Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV : Rockstar Games

As Samuel Jackson once said, "Hold onto your butts" as Trailer #2 is going live in 4 minutes.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

My god you guys are fanboys

So? For this kind of game, it's worth it.

Trailer 2 kicked some major ass and really shows a lot of awesome stuff.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

That was cool. I don't recommend watching it on Yahoo's site though - because the low quality takes away a lot of the effect.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It's semi-official.

Grand Theft Auto IV has been pushed back to April.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

From GTA4.net:

The release date for GTA IV has been pushed back until at least April 2008, possibly May February, March, or April [updated to reflect the fiscal calendar].

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company’s second quarter of fiscal 2008.

Why, you ask?

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, “With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game’s millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology.”

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game’s fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I seriously doubt GTA IV will 'set a new standard for video games' but it does look pretty cool. the concept of GTA was always a unique one and itll benefit greatly from next-gen technology. I just hope that take2 and rockstar manage to bitch-slap the face of Jack Thompson and get Manhunt 2 on UK shelves instead of it being constantly linked to violent gamers and being 'too violent' for the public.

GTA4 car trailer

Seems a prius will feature in the game as a Karin Dilettante and at the end you can see a few of the exotics that have been modelled on current cars.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I will personally avoid the Prius, there's something in "Russian-hitman-driving-a-hybrid-car-to-save-the-Earth-while-he's-killing-a-tremendous-amount-of-people-everyday" that doesn't quite work...

The exotics look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I will personally avoid the Prius, there's something in "Russian-hitman-driving-a-hybrid-car-to-save-the-Earth-while-he's-killing-a-tremendous-amount-of-people-everyday" that doesn't quite work...

The exotics look interesting.
    It should be fun replicating Clarkson's "The Good, the Bad and the ugly" though. .50-cal FTW!

YouTube - what is a prius good for?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

my version's been pre-ordered for a while. now just to see what its really like. they havent released any actual gameplay footage and I'm dying to see what it looks like when playing. I'm guessing itll be a little more formal than previous renditions. for now though my free-roaming needs are being delt with by burnout paradise

p.s did anyone see the DB9 parked up? cant wait for that!!
    Last edited by Cotterik; 02-22-2008 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    my version's been pre-ordered for a while. now just to see what its really like. they havent released any actual gameplay footage and I'm dying to see what it looks like when playing. I'm guessing itll be a little more formal than previous renditions. for now though my free-roaming needs are being delt with by burnout paradise

Once this comes out, Sophie won't see me for a month!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Nice. I can't wait to kill hookers and cops in HD.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I kill hookers and cops in RD. Real Definition.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post

Although we haven't seen any gameplay, what you are seeing now is what you will be seeing then. Rockstar did announce yesterday that the 5 new screenshots is what the game currently looks like.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information