Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Volvo 850 T-5

Congratulations, your car's in beautiful condition!!! I'd advise you to keep the stock parts as well if possible - IMO they look as good as the upgraded parts and you may fancy changing them from time to time.

The Police in the Caribbean (well, at least Tobago) drive around in black Volvos / BMWs, it reminds me of either a police / FBI car or something the mafia would drive! Maybe get a numberplate featuring the letters "KGB"...!

Personally I'm not a fan of steering wheels with thin rims or "wood from the plastic tree" (I'd maybe consider a trim kit) but I really can appreciate the excellent condition of this car. Very nice.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Hey Duell.
    You T5 looks lovely, especially with 850R wheels..Great condition too.
    Which reminds me, i need to get pics of the 265 R, Dad put some new stuff on it

Cheers.

*Minor update

Although I was happy with my new rims(or wheels). They were never my first choice. I always wanted the T-5R rims but they were to expensive.

Then threw a dutch Volvo 850 forum I met a guy with a Volvo 850 R who had the original T-5R rims (Titans) and he really wanted the original R rims. So we swapped wheels (first photo, thats just after the swap)

I also bought four s70 doorhandles. These handles are painted in the color of the car instead of an ugly worn grey plastic. Also found a pair of secondhand headlight wipers. But i have yet to make a photograph of my car with these installed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice box.

Just wondering, did you guys swap tires too?

No we didn't swap tires, because mine were older than his.
    But it's the same size wheels, so we just had to find a tireshop which wanted to swap 10 tires

that is one sexy volvo, if I may say so
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Now that's what I want mine to look like eventually. What's the yellow badge between the front wheels and doors? Also, where did you get the S70 doorhandles, and how did you install them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
    Now that's what I want mine to look like eventually. What's the yellow badge between the front wheels and doors? Also, where did you get the S70 doorhandles, and how did you install them?
    The yellow badge is a Prancing Moose badge you can buy it on Dave Barton's website DaveBarton.com
    Mine is magnetic, i think stickers are a bit to permanent. And the magnetic version even sticks when doing 245km/h (on the autobahn).

Buying doorhandles at the Volvo dealer is suicide. But if you can find a Volvo Junkyard you might be able to make a deal. S70 C70 or V70 classic will do. Mine cost me 40 euro for 4 handles.
    And then you go to the dealer and order one a s/c/v/70 lock with your 850 keycode. This way your original key will still fit. My dealer told me that it was impossible, but I just told him to order it. And no problem. Within a week it was made. (cost 75euro)

Then the trouble started. following pictures from this site(i can't read swedish) and some help from my Haynes Volvo 850 manual. I got the old doorhandles out.

Then some fiddling to get the new one in. If you want to retain one lock in your handle (like i did) that's were it gets a bit tricky. You could also buy two front right side handles and place one on the left. (front and rear are different). But i wanted a lock at the drivers door.

When you get your 850 lock out you will notice a difference between the 850 and the V70 lock. So you just have to grind that away. Gentle. If you cut away to little it wont lock. But to much is also not good. There is some margin for error. So don't be to afraid of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921 View Post
    What's the difference between the S70 door handles and the original ones?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What's the difference between the S70 door handles and the original ones?
    The original are grey, and a fraction smaller

But the S70 V70 or C70 are smoother, and painted in the color of the car.

Boy, that does look better.

Nice job on the swap.

Thread Information