Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Dino 206 S

Ferrari Dino 206 S

Ferrari Dino 206 S #1:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ferrari Dino 206 S #2:

I don't know where I must to post these pics to, so move it to right thread, please. I love this prototype since saw it at first time and now I trying to build a right proportions 1/24 model Yellow Dino - Automotive Forums .com Car Chat May be some of you already had saw hi res pics on this site 1967 Dino 206 S Competizione - Ferrari - Cardesign.ru
    At now there are some new from me.

Really a cool car I think. Does anyone know how many of these were built? I feel like I saw a red one with gold rims in a certain private collection...

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Really a cool car I think. Does anyone know how many of these were built? I feel like I saw a red one with gold rims in a certain private collection...
    the one posted by Peterson is the prototype by Pininfarina, so only one was made and is owned by Napolis (P4/5 commissioner and owner) as shown in one of the link Peterson posted.
    don't know about the racing car though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the one posted by Peterson is the prototype by Pininfarina, so only one was made and is owned by Napolis (P4/5 commissioner and owner) as shown in one of the link Peterson posted.
    don't know about the racing car though.
    1967 Ferrari 206 S Dino Berlinetta Competizione - Images, Specifications and Information
    It is actually not the prototype at all, but chassis #34 (so car number 17) that was clothed by PF in 1967, a year after the appearance of the original 206S.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    1967 Ferrari 206 S Dino Berlinetta Competizione - Images, Specifications and Information
    It is actually not the prototype at all, but chassis #34 (so car number 17) that was clothed by PF in 1967, a year after the appearance of the original 206S.
    owned I guess.
    I have a book of Pininfarina concept cars, and I thought I read this was actually the concept before of the production car, the road going 206 GT, presented later the same year in Turin.
    my bad.

The REAL prototype is Chassis #840, from 1965, which is owned in France.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The REAL prototype is Chassis #840, from 1965, which is owned in France.
    weren't 5 prototypes before of the introduction of the Dino 206 GT, according to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    weren't 5 prototypes before of the introduction of the Dino 206 GT, according to Ferrari?
    chassis numbers?

chassis numbers?
    I don't know nothing about that, I have just have another book here, (the Pininfarina's one is in Modena where I'm going later) TuttoFerrari by Mondadori in collaboration with Ferrari and Pininfarina, in which they stated talking about the 1967 Dino 206 GT road car that it was unveiled in Turin after a series of 5 concept cars unveiled between Paris 1965 and Frankfurt 1967.
    it's a cheap book written by Leonardo Acerbi that my mom bought me some years ago.
    since they collaborated with the archives of Ferrari, Pininfarina, Carrozzeria Touring and automotive editor Giorgio Nada and used their material, I though it was at least decently accurate (I found only some marginal errors on moderner cars).

first, there was that red berlinetta non-running showcar s/n 0840. a year later - on 1966 turin show pininfarina showed nearly production ready dino s/n 00106. in 1967 was presented the famous berlinetta competizione we all know of - s/n 034, and which is in possesion of our forum's member

and then there were indeed five pre-production prototypes. i know s/n of only one of them - the fourth one: s/n 00114. silver and owned by sergio pininfarina. it was quite popular and made it to many a publication.

some of these five had special features, like the third one:

it can be identified by silver door handles, different air inlets and lack of engine. 1st, 2nd and 5th also varied - had some parts chromed or farina badges on the sides etc.
    12 cylinders or walk!

I think we should distinguish between Dino 206 GT prototypes and Dino 206S prototypes, which were quite different, especially as they a longitudinal engine, while the GT had a transverse engine.

right, i was just speaking in reference to your previous posts
    12 cylinders or walk!

mmm, I thought the five prototypes included the Yellow Dino

Thread Information