Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Coupe 4

HSV Coupe 4

well holden released what theyre hoping to be their show stopper. the same engine as the avalance, but 200kg lighter and only .3 seconds quicker 0-100 and .2 down the quarter mile
    Attached Images Attached Images

How good am I? I suggested this yesterday in the Avalanche post. Missed the output figures though. Didnt bank on drivetrain limitations. Very interesting concept and apparently ready for production. Holden/HSV are certainly putting the boot into Ford/FPV as far as product range gos.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

ive been telling these guys about it for about a month, a silver coupe with a massive change that is not the engine or the trans of suspension or anything like that, they thought i was full of shit so i said what for sydney motor show!

god, u really think sticking awd under the coupe was that big a step for hsv. its not like they made a new model first then decided lets put awd elsewhere. the adventras just a commodore wagon with extra ride height afterall. theyve shown 2 concept awd's, one low ride height and had told about 2 production awds prior to the show and now theres 3. whats the big deal, the cars burdened with a 4 speed auto and 15kw and 35nm less than the other hsv's, yet all hsv have said is "it will be under $95000". and take another look pato and there is a major change in the transmission

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    god, u really think sticking awd under the coupe was that big a step for hsv. its not like they made a new model first then decided lets put awd elsewhere. the adventras just a commodore wagon with extra ride height afterall. theyve shown 2 concept awd's, one low ride height and had told about 2 production awds prior to the show and now theres 3. whats the big deal, the cars burdened with a 4 speed auto and 15kw and 35nm less than the other hsv's, yet all hsv have said is "it will be under $95000". and take another look pato and there is a major change in the transmission
    The beauty of all of these products is how easy they were to build. And the flexibility that they can be incorporated into so many different style of vehicles. Count up the combined products now available from Holden and HSV. They all come from one common source. You may not like all or any of the range but at the moment they have effectively slaughtered Ford as far as marketing their products. The percieved product range and the fact that you can buy a Holden for almost any purpose. FOrd are still pissing around with the Territory. By the time they get it out Holden will have the Adventra, Avalanche, Crewman 2wd and 4WD and probably a HSV version as well, already selling.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Nothing to do with the new Coupe 4 (although it is a nice car, mabey 285kw would suit it better) but just a question regarding FPV, have they actually sold a car yet?

FPV can only dream about the money HSV can afford to spend on concept cars...

that was a pretty stupid comment lowrider, a couple of months ago they sold thier 1000th car. as far as holdens product range goes their trying to topple toyotas range of vehicles and reclaim top spot. FPV are already developing another car and its not a V8. if they were as old as HSV they would spend the same amounts of money as HSV. go back to the history books and see how much hsv was spending in 1988 after their first year

FPV_GTHO you say the FPV recently sold its 1000th car are you sure thats not Fords total. U might want to check that.

As a Holden/HSV/HRT and anything else that Holden do fan i think that the Coupe 4 is a step in the right direction for HSV and AWD is the way that the market is going.
    Why only use the rear wheels when its possible to use all 4??

and sales of even the Y series ClubSport have beaten all sales that FPV have had so far.

Originally posted by HoldenGuy1
    FPV_GTHO you say the FPV recently sold its 1000th car are you sure thats not Fords total. U might want to check that.
    is it just me, or are there alot of ignorant, dickheaded holden fans out there. including lowrider, theres now 2 people making jokes about sales for FPV and comparing FPV's 1 year heritage to HSV's 15 year heritage and expecting the sales to be neck and neck. too be honest, theres only 2 holden fans i know of that wouldnt say something that stupid, and they are crisis and my ex-girlfriend. i dunno, maybe im just takin this too seriously, here is an article posted by FPV on their website about their 1000th sale, please note it was dated August 21 of this year:

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=5.415

FPV_GTHO i was neva sayin that i expected FPV sales to be anywhere near HSV's. because when HSV started they didnt have a huge model range like FPV do at the moment.

I'm sure that in years to come theyll find a car worth putting a large high performance engine in that will sell so they can make a profit or they may not and suffer the fate that Tickford did. Who knows?

also in reply to to the link u supplied u may notice that the have BUILT their 1000th vehicle not SOLD 1000 vehicles so that may mean that they have 200 or so in the yards waiting to be sold

sorry its just ive come across alot of people that after seeing ford succed with a local performance car devision have to rely on putting them down by comparing model range and comparing sales. FTE and FPV both were/are 3 car ranges and FPV's already developing another ford to add to the range, although not a V8 this time, so possibly a locally tuned Focus RS or FPV XR6T

Originally posted by HoldenGuy1
    also in reply to to the link u supplied u may notice that the have BUILT their 1000th vehicle not SOLD 1000 vehicles so that may mean that they have 200 or so in the yards waiting to be sold
    well considering it was a complete car that they could show in the article, my guess is it was a matter of days until it reached its owner. being 2 months after, im sure there are 1000 FPV owners out there driving their cars

BOYS BOYS BOYS

I live in bankstown, sydney and i easily see atleast 5 gt's gt-p's a day, xr6 turbos....omg i cant count that high
    CANT GET ENOUGH OF THIS

Thread Information