Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motortrend corvette zr1 test video

you should have bet him $999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,9 99,999.99
    you'd be a rich man now in fake internetz money
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You forgot the trucker's hat and mullet.
    You also forgot that the medalion has your name on it incase you forgot who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    No need to bet....I just looked it up, ZR1 uses PS2 "ZP", which is runflat, but regular PS2 aren't....

Pilot® Sport PS2™: Browse Tires in Ultra-High Performance Sport: MICHELIN® Tires: Michelin Tires
    And I would say he just got owned right there
    Last edited by Falcon500; 10-22-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Porsche and the other proper supercar makers havent commented on it

638hp, 605lbft and 3350lbs = comparable with other cars with the same time
    FXX and Enzo brakes = stops as well as other cars
    huge ACR like tires and MSRC = great handling

The GTR on the other hand has 480hp, useless torque, dodgy transmission, 3900lbs and is a brick......yet as fast as an Enzo, Zonda and the ZR1? lol at Nissan.
    it must be so fun racing with paper sheets and stats.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Magazine racing ftw. That's why I judge cars exclusively on looks. And brand snobbery.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I don't see the issue. I make ZR1 threads often.

Anyway this is why I judge cars by looking at the people who actually buy them. And use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer06GT
    My brother, father and I went over to the strip today with the ZR1. Traction was an issue during the first few runs, but once the track starting sticking it was a handful of 11.0'[email protected], 11.030, 11.05, 11.06, 11.07. Most of these were hot lapping. All with 60 foots in the 1.9 range with the exception of the 11.02 which was a 1.88. I had an 1.86 but came up short when i went for 2nd .

This was all done on the stock PS2's, running the car after a 30 minute cool down...It went 132+. Next time out it will have some tires on it and we will be looking for 10.5x.
    Please not this is a Corvette Doctors tuned (Dyno Tune) ZR1 that picked up an extra 49hp. This car is easily a 10 second factory car, Motortrend simply sucks at driving.

And please note how many runs this owner made. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was a GTR that failed due to turning off VDC too often in order to use launch control...

Quote Originally Posted by nagtroc.org
    A member of the North American GT-R Owner's Club forums started a thread recently in which he tells about dropping off his Nissan GT-R at the dealership when he began hearing loud noises coming from the rear of the car. The dealership told him that his transmission was toast as a direct result of him turning off the car's VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) too much, which you have to do in order to use the Launch Control function. The cost to repair the tranny is $20,000 and Nissan won't cover it under warranty since the GT-R owner's manual states that damage to the transmission is not covered if it is proven to be the result of using Launch Control with the VDC turned off. In fact, the manual states that the only reason you should turn off VDC is for when you're rocking the vehicle because it's stuck in mud or snow. That's kind of like Nissan saying you should never use the Launch Control function despite the fact it's there.

The situation clearly sucks for this GT-R owner, and we can certainly understand his frustration. Nissan, however, has itself covered in that the owner's manual makes it clear that any damage to the transmission resulting from using Launch Control is not covered, and we're told GT-R owners actually have to sign something when picking up the car to show they understand this policy. And to be clear, just switching off VDC will not void the warranty, and many owners have used Launch Control with no damage to the transmission whatsoever.

We think there's something a little fishy going on with both parties in this conflict. For one, no one knows for sure exactly how many times this GT-R owner used Launch Control. Doing it once in a while to show off is one thing, but abusing any car with that much power will eventually lead to something failing, and in those cases the automaker shouldn't necessarily be held responsible for the repairs.

That said, we're also not exactly sure how delicate these GT-R transmissions are. If Nissan had any idea that its Launch Control function could damage the car, it should have built a system that could protect itself. Take the new Porsche 911 and its PDK dual-clutch transmission that also has Launch Control. The new Porsche will let you rip off about a dozen runs in a row before a dashboard light illuminates and the ECU limits engine power until everything cools off. Why can't the GT-R watch out for itself like that?

John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    MOTORTREND TEST VIDEO
    2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Testing Video | Concept Photos, Reviews, & More at Motortrend.com

Motor Trend has their test up, the numbers were more like what people wanted to see:

0-60mph: 3.3s
    1/4 mile: 11.2s @130.5 mph
    Top Speed: 200.5mph
    60-0mph: 97ft.
    Cornering: 1.1G
    Nice! It's very interesting and beautiful video.

[QUOTE=baddabang;840824

And please note how many runs this owner made. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was a GTR that failed due to turning off VDC too often in order to use launch control...[/QUOTE]

perhaps Nissan should not sell the GTR, (meant for driving) to 1/4 mile idiots....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Or they shouldn't include a feature that will cause premature failures while voiding your warranty, all the while touting times that without this feature are impossible to achieve.

GTR fails.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    perhaps Nissan should not sell the GTR, (meant for driving) to 1/4 mile idiots....
    The 1/4 mile isn't considered driving? News to me...
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Or they shouldn't include a feature that will cause premature failures while voiding your warranty, all the while touting times that without this feature are impossible to achieve.

GTR fails.
    This.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    The 1/4 mile isn't considered driving? News to me...
    Agreed. Ppl who think 1/4 mile racing is dumb or requires no skill have obviously never tried to do it themselves. In reality, 1/4 mile runs are the ultimate measure of not only a car's acceleration characteristics (throughout most of its powerband), but also how much of its rated HP they actually manage to put to the ground.

Lots of ppl tout 0-60 and 0-100 times on this site. 1/4 mile times are no different.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

1/4 mile is legit, its also the absolute most base form of racing there is, i mean who's never raced the grand prix du stoplight??

but as for the ZR1 the numbers are right in line with cars with similar power to weight ratios (Enzo, Zonda, Carrera GT) but i'm more interested in how it puts all that power and speed to use on the track, it should beat the gtr no problem since the GTR is a pretty good match for the Z06. I wonder how it would do against the Viper ACR, on the track of course.

Also: GO HABS GO!!!
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    1/4 mile is legit, its also the absolute most base form of racing there is, i mean who's never raced the grand prix du stoplight??

but as for the ZR1 the numbers are right in line with cars with similar power to weight ratios (Enzo, Zonda, Carrera GT) but i'm more interested in how it puts all that power and speed to use on the track, it should beat the gtr no problem since the GTR is a pretty good match for the Z06. I wonder how it would do against the Viper ACR, on the track of course.

Also: GO HABS GO!!!
    Lol, totally out of topic, but hell yes
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Lol, totally out of topic, but hell yes
    Best I can tell habs fans outnumber all others 2-0 on this site lol
    If i'm wrong show yourselves, if your brave enough lol
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    1/4 mile is legit, its also the absolute most base form of racing there is
    most base form = primitive.....?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information