Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Unautomotive' countries' cars

'Unautomotive' countries' cars

Hey, I thought of making a thread where everyone could drop an info about some cars that are unknown widely. From such regions as Asia (I don't mean Japan, I mean Thailand, Malaysia, Pakistan, India, Philippines and so on), Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe... Those countries which are unknown for their cars, but still they have (had) an automotive industry. Cars made for such markets are also appreciated - like Toyotas for third countries (sorry if it 'hurts' someone - dunnow how to call them another) and others.
    Hope you will support me.

In Soviet Russia, Lada drive you!

sorry, bad joke.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

you mean like this?

from another source:

"Libya plans to produce 50,000 cars per year during the first several years. The car has special front and rear-end designs that help to reduce fatalities during collisions through the creation of a "crumble zone;" anti-roll devices; a "smart" collapsible bumper and tires that resist blowouts. Also, the car uses Xenon technology, which reduces headlight glare to oncoming traffic. The rocket-shaped prototype is Libyan green with tinted windows."

any updates on this car?

edit: some snippets for you lazies:

"The interior is replete with air bags, an inbuilt electronic defence system, and a collapsible bumper which protects passengers in head-on collisions."

"The invention of the safest car in the world is proof that the Libyan revolution is built on the happiness of man."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    you mean like this?

from another source:

"Libya plans to produce 50,000 cars per year during the first several years. The car has special front and rear-end designs that help to reduce fatalities during collisions through the creation of a "crumble zone;" anti-roll devices; a "smart" collapsible bumper and tires that resist blowouts. Also, the car uses Xenon technology, which reduces headlight glare to oncoming traffic. The rocket-shaped prototype is Libyan green with tinted windows."

any updates on this car?

edit: some snippets for you lazies:

"The interior is replete with air bags, an inbuilt electronic defence system, and a collapsible bumper which protects passengers in head-on collisions."

"The invention of the safest car in the world is proof that the Libyan revolution is built on the happiness of man."

I have two more pic's of this "Kadaffi Mobile" (year 2000, I think). in a old thread I show that.
    about portughese cars (and others, not common) I also make some threads about a year ago. use search engine, maybe found pics you like
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

... and thanks for your pic...

Well, regardless of whether you like the car or not, it's worth noting that it avoids the two pitfalls that companies such as the Chinese manufacturers usually fall in to, namely terrible safety and cloning European cars...

If this does go into portuguese cars, let's leave the current efforts away, please!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    If this does go into portuguese cars, let's leave the current efforts away, please!
    Why? It is a thread about ordinary, even cheap cars, without stunning characteristics and so on...
    Though if anyone knows some Pakistani supercar, it would be interesting...

well, are "exceptions"... look this ZF-98, birth in Expo 98 times. not very ugly, don't you think?...

Quote Originally Posted by ribatejo69 View Post
    well, are "exceptions"... look this ZF-98, birth in Expo 98 times. not very ugly, don't you think?...
    A mix of Ferrari Mythos and F50 in much smaller scale
    EDIT: oh, yes, and the FX prototype from the front
    Last edited by faksta; 09-13-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ribatejo69 View Post
    like i said "the current", like that joke behing built in Maia.

Tal como eu disse, os esforços actuais, como aquela anedota que está a ser "construida" na Maia
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Well not sure you realise this faksta, but Malaysia has 3 current auto manufacturers (Proton, Perodua and Naza) and Proton owns Lotus, so I'm not sure you mean Malaysia to be on your list. It has a rather large automotive industry.

TATA VEHICLES
    Tata Motors - HomePage

like i said "the current", like that joke behing built in Maia.
    LotusLocost was with me at Boavista when, at the press conference, the car refused to fire up. I could barely avoid a laugh!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information