Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C Tulip Wood Torpedo

1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C Tulip Wood Torpedo

didnt get the descriptor plate on this one. but its a stunning hispano-suiza at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville, CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Hispano-suiza #2

last one.

it was up on a pedastal, so no interior shots.

I love the look of bare wood and that's a beautiful car. Wonder how much it weighs?

this was my second time seeing it. it is absolutely stunning. the workmanship is really impressive, the level of woodworking you woudl only find in a very nice boat

No question the car is stunning. Also, provided the engineer was a good carpenter the car is probably very light too (wood is much lighter than steel). However, I question the wisdom of using wood to cover an engine.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Exquisite
    I'm erudite ;-)

Back from the time when we knew how to make cars. IIRC it has an 8-litre straight six.

Fantastic.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I love the look of bare wood and that's a beautiful car. Wonder how much it weighs?
    here's a link to a web page about this car:

Hispano Suiza 1924 Tulipwood Torpedo

according to that source, the body was to have weighed approximately 160 pounds (about 73 kilograms).

And I present the twin.

I don't have records available to me right now, so I can't say for sure which came first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    And I present the twin.

I don't have records available to me right now, so I can't say for sure which came first.
    The Lagonda came 15 years later, it dates from 1939....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That truly is a beautiful car. You just know only the best craftsmen could have constructed it.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The Lagonda came 15 years later, it dates from 1939....
    Thanks, I know I still have the Gooding & Co book somewhere, but it's currently in the bottom of a box waiting to be unpacked.

Thank you so much for those pics... Does anyone know where i can get more pics ? particularly on how the wheels and tires are connected to the chassis ?
    Also, anyone knows is dimensions ? Length ? width ??
    i'm trying to build a scale model of this but i havent very much information due to this being the only car and its in a museum you can't even take a shot at the dashboard...
    ohh there is a 1/24 scale of this by franklin mint, if anyone have one could you take some pics for me

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Thank you so much for those pics... Does anyone know where i can get more pics ? particularly on how the wheels and tires are connected to the chassis ?
    Also, anyone knows is dimensions ? Length ? width ??
    i'm trying to build a scale model of this but i havent very much information due to this being the only car and its in a museum you can't even take a shot at the dashboard...
    ohh there is a 1/24 scale of this by franklin mint, if anyone have one could you take some pics for me
    My suggestion would b to contact the Blackhawk Collection in Danville, Califronia, the owners of the car. If you explain for what you would the info, they might be forthcoming. For contact details, just google for Blackhawk.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information