Thread: 130 Coupe Abandoned in A Tunnel

130 Coupe Abandoned in A Tunnel

Well I'm going to be brave again and raise my head above the parapet after entering into an intial conflagration about which version Lagonda GoPawel had

I normally post across on Pistonheads but also thought you guys might appreciate this one that I found.

It used to be pretty common that the railway arches in the UK became home to garages and workshops - one such case being this one in Liverpool.

It would appear that some of the cars from this garage have never been collected and therefore just park/abandoned at the back and an erstwhile explorer/trespasser/snooper has managed to photograph them.

I'm not brilliant on posting pic's and though this worked in Preview it doesn't appear on your site correctly

Just click the title

Enjoy

[
    Last edited by henk4; 12-29-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: removal of spam link

Try again..

Oh cripes! sorry guy's - there's no spam I can assure you, I think I'm just c**p at posting links

Try again -

fiat | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.....

If you could let me know what I'm doing wrong Henk it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by carsie View Post
    Oh cripes! sorry guy's - there's no spam I can assure you, I think I'm just c**p at posting links

Try again -

fiat | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.....

If you could let me know what I'm doing wrong Henk it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike
    I removed the link you posted, because it had little to do with the topic at hand. (and you have no idea how many posts we currently have to delete because the spambots are regular visitors, posting five messages at a time).

This post though is spot on
    and it is a shame to see this beauty looking far beyond repair. I remember seeing a 130 sedan about ten years in traffic....in Turkmenistan, wondering whether that car is still going. It will not be rusting there, but spares could be a problem.
    Last edited by henk4; 12-30-2010 at 03:19 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

also nice to see the old Citroen van!, how bad is it with that beauty?
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Neat photos that appear professionally lighted and shot, maybe even brought there for the purpose. If these really are abandoned they couldn't have lasted there long. The Rover and Citroen especially don't look that clapped out for rotting under a bridge.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Neat photos that appear professionally lighted and shot, maybe even brought there for the purpose. If these really are abandoned they couldn't have lasted there long. The Rover and Citroen especially don't look that clapped out for rotting under a bridge.
    They shouldn't be too awful - the Rover's registration expired in 1995 while the Citroen's expired in 2000 - meaning that they haven't been abandoned as long as the white Fiat coupe (1992), for instance.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    They shouldn't be too awful - the Rover's registration expired in 1995 while the Citroen's expired in 2000 - meaning that they haven't been abandoned as long as the white Fiat coupe (1992), for instance.
    So no one owns them or want them!
    Damn, wish i where in England to pick them up!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

What are the laws on something like that. If a car is abandoned in a public space what are the rules for claiming it and taking it somewhere as your own?

Thread Information