Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1311

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by racingbmw View Post
    bought HALO reach today.

x2
    only a couple of hours in.
    more of the same, yet different is the general feel - you've seen the enemies before, and most of the weapons, it just has a different feel now, and the environments are vastly improved with civilians, views of epic battles, wildlife. This helps the game a lot rather than it being you vs some enemies in a sterile environment.
    enemies seem much more agile and smart, more of a challenge thank god. unfortunately the 'damage sponge' style of play seems to still be in effect but that's just halo style i guess.
    space combat was generic, doesn't add anything to the game but doesn't take away from it either.
    much better and more 'modern' than halo 3. pretty solid buy if you like or are at least mildly interested in the series. would rate.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Hmm, Might pick it up - I wish they could re skin the original two for the X360.. I loved the originals story.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I wish they could re skin the original two for the X360.. I loved the originals story.
    I've been thinking this for some time as well. I'd love to have the original redone with the latest Halo graphics engine.

I'm probably going to wait on Reach (until next week, most likely). Just pre-ordered Lords of Shadow, so my allowance for the week is gone.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I played the original on PC.. I couldn't see what the fuss was about.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I loved Halo PC despite the fact that the game kept trying to kill itself.
    9,001 ping snipers-only on Blood Gulch with no shields was stupid fun at its grandest.

Though getting killed by lag-teleporting tanks could be quite annoying..

What Game Are You Playing?

I bought it earlier and set my character up, ready to start the campaign. Now I'm just waiting for my friends to get online so we can co-op the missions.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'm tempted by it as I liked Halo 1 (PC) and Halo 3 (360) but didn't like the backtracking!
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

What Game Are You Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    I'm tempted by it as I liked Halo 1 (PC) and Halo 3 (360) but didn't like the backtracking!
    Buy it. I was on the fence about it before since it seemed like a prequel that only exists to make money but it's a really, really good game all around.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

it's like the halo series finally decided to join the 21st century lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Picked it up today, Looking forward to some game time tonight.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it's like the halo series finally decided to join the 21st century lol
    The Halo series defined first person (console) shooters. Yeah, there were games like Goldeneye that did a lot of things right before it but Halo revolutionized gaming in my opinion. I don't think it joined the 21st century because it was already in it. Instead games like Call of Duty, Socom, and Battlefield banked on Halo's successes and expanded them into wartime shooters with tons of little options and side-gadgets.

I think in it's purest of forms, it's 'essence' if you will, Halo's gameplay and enjoyment factor is unparalleled (FPS). I'm excluding PC games in this because overall I think Counterstrike is the most successful first person shooter of all time.

Halo: Combat Evolved I thought was the best. Will never forget being in Long Island at a blockbuster before heading over to my cousin's shorehouse by the ocean. We picked out this game Halo and knew NOTHING about it, deciding it would be better than some monster truck game. When we got to the house we popped the disc in and never looked back. That's my favorite gaming memory of all time: starting to play at 10 pm and playing straight thru til midnight the next day. The game was THAT good to our virgin eyes. Halo 2 and 3 I thought were a bit of a step back but still great. They just carried too much hype and didn't deliver fully. Reach is nearly perfect. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER I thought the campaign left something to be desired especially at the end, but you can't do too much being that it's a prequel to the series. Can't really fault them there. END END END SPOILER. The multiplayer is fantastic. Great maps, great gameplay, great balance.. shit great everything. I imagine Bungie took a great deal of time and consideration into satisfying the community's desires with the final Halo installment. It's a parting gift to all of us that lived through this chapter of gaming history. I'd rate it a 9.9/10
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-16-2010 at 12:44 AM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    The Halo series defined first person (console) shooters.
    and then it's like they stopped trying, because it was all downhill from here

damn, i was playing halo and i couldn't stop playing.

not good, i can't be addicted again!

Yup, Played my first match making round last night, Got first blood and won the round.

Didn't want to stop playing, Its very well balanced, but i still throw grenades instead of looking down the barrel.

Seems so strange not being able to look down the sights.

EDIT: Also FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU Grenade spam.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

halo is frikken killing me lol.

i can't seem to stop playing it. maybe it's cos i haven't touched my xbox in 3months!

Thread Information