Thread: New Aston Martin GTE car, Maserati's first sports racer and further Geneva news ...

New Aston Martin GTE car, Maserati's first sports racer and further Geneva news ...

After a difficult season with the failed AMR-One LMP1 racer, Aston Martin Racing have launched a more modest program for the 2012 season. In addition to supporting the various costumers, the Gulf Oil backed team will field a single entry in the GTE class of the World Endurance Championship with a revised version of the GT2 V8 Vantage introduced some years ago. Aptly named the V8 Vantage GTE, it benefits from the recent updates to the road going model and includes changes compared to the existing machine. For the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Aston Martin plan to field a second car, taking on the challenge of old rivals Corvette Racing but also Ferrari, Porsche and BMW.
    During the first two decades of the company's existence, Maserati focused almost exclusively on the construction of Grand Prix and Voiturette racing cars. That changed after the War, when the Italian manufacturer expanded into the lucrative sports car market with the A6GCS. Using production-based components, it would be the first of a long line of sports racers, ultimately culminating in the legendary machines like the 300S, 450S and Birdcage. Of the original A6GCS, only a handful were built and they are only rarely seen today. Two years ago we captured chassis 2002 in action at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix.
    While the regular production model may already get frowns from purist Land Rover enthusiasts, the Evoque Convertible Concept to be launched in Geneva will surely be subject of debate. Land Rover are quick to express there are no production plans, it seems unlikely that the concept car was built only to offend part of the company's loyal customer base. Even more likely to be produced is the Citroen DS Racing Concept, which will also be unveiled in Geneva next week. Based on the DS4, this hardcore version features a 256 bhp four cylinder engine, which has the highest specific output of any Citroen production engine. The car's chassis and running gear have also been modified to cope with the additional power.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Citron DS4 Racing Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

1947 - 1952 Maserati A6GCS - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I love the Citroen DS4 Racing, i love the normal DS4 so thats not a suprise.

The Evoque, erm.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Well, if the Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet can do it then I guess the Evoque Convertible can too...right? I think it'll sell if it gets the green light.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

I like the subtext in the press bumph that basically says that the Murano CC is for peasents and common people because it's so common, this one is 'premium' for people that insist on drinking beer called 'platinum'.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Hey Wouter, I notice the Evoque Convertible is the only car in 'Range Rover' in the database, all the other Rangies are under Land Rover. Have they rebranded or is that a glitch in the mainframe?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Hey Wouter, I notice the Evoque Convertible is the only car in 'Range Rover' in the database, all the other Rangies are under Land Rover. Have they rebranded or is that a glitch in the mainframe?
    That must be a glitch. My bad.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information