Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student arrested & expelled for making a map of his school for shooter game

videogames do not cause violence. a violent person causes violence. another violent person could potentially cause a VT to happen again. not a gamer enthusiast who made his own CounterStrike map. Gimme a break..

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Ahem.....

Y'know, I wrote Suicide is Painless (the song) in my black planner and a rather violent comic in my notebook- Do any of you think I'll get in trouble for this....
    I suppose if a counselor seen it he would recommend some type of help, that is if he doesn't know the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    videogames do not cause violence. a violent person causes violence. another violent person could potentially cause a VT to happen again. not a gamer enthusiast who made his own CounterStrike map. Gimme a break..
    QFMFT. It pissed me off when the VT news reporters were giving GTA shit.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

That's a bit overboard. It's like you have a roach infestation and you use a nuke to wipe them out. It makes no sense. And by the way, America will always be racist. It'll never change. Racism exists everywhere, even in the land of the "free". As long as you have freedom of speech and thought you will have racism.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That's a bit overboard. It's like you have a roach infestation and you use a nuke to wipe them out. It makes no sense. And by the way, America will always be racist. It'll never change. Racism exists everywhere, even in the land of the "free". As long as you have freedom of speech and thought you will have racism.
    Thats impossible.

Everyone knows roaches survive nuclear blasts
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Thats impossible.

Only if they aren't vaporized by the heat of a few Suns

Thats impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Only if they aren't vaporized by the heat of a few Suns
    Yes, I'm sure that they won't be cooked by the millions of degrees Fahrenheit generated in a couple seconds in about 100 or so square meters (I'm even nice to the members overseas by converting to the metric system ).

This story kinda reminds me about the one of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the two men behind the massacre at Columbine. It was said they were avid players of Doom, and that they designed levels which resembled the halls of the school, even going as far as populating them with enemies which acted as teachers and students. These were mainly rumors and unproven.

There's a lot of people who design levels based on actual locations they know, schools included, there's nothing wrong with that. Authorities are going mental because of stories like the aforementioned story of Columbine. It's not because some psychos intend to kill people and practicing it in a game that everybody who create levels are going to do so. I love to pop heads with a Sniper Rifle in GTA and I'll never do it for real because it's "fun" in the game. Game and real life are two completely different things, if you can't tell the difference between the two then you should see a doctor real quick. It's ridiculous really.

The confiscated hammer is a joke, I have screwdrivers in my room for my computer, are they going to confiscate them because they could be used as weapons? C'mon now. The poor guy only needed to repair his bed for God sakes. Expelling him is going way too far also.

As for racism, there's an obvious link between the killer at VT and the poor guy. It's a shame.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 05-02-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thats impossible.

That's how Spastik's still around.

pathetic, man im glad i live in aus.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    they outta realize its stuff like this that could potentially cause a VT to happen again
    How so? The kid made a map for a game. It happens all the time. As mentioned above, designers use familiar surroundings all the time to design new game maps.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    How so? The kid made a map for a game. It happens all the time. As mentioned above, designers use familiar surroundings all the time to design new game maps.
    I think he means that the kid now might want to go back to the school and shoot them up because he got expelled for such a stupid reason.
    At least, that's how I read it. If that's what he meant, I do agree.

If I was at a good school and really focused, and I got expelled over such a shitty little thing I'd be tempted to go on a rampage...

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    But the thing is, he isn't the only one who makes maps of schools. Lots of mappers online make maps of their own schools, and they just have to pick on the Chinese guy because the VT massacre was caused by an Asian.

They shouldn't even give ANY kind of punishment in the first place. That kid didn't do anything wrong.
    I dont see how his Asian parents reporting him leads to racism. I like to think that if this kid had been white the same thing would have happened, the parents reported what they saw, the school overreacted, and that is arguable over whether or not it was racist, I don't think it was.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I dont see how his Asian parents reporting him leads to racism. I like to think that if this kid had been white the same thing would have happened, the parents reported what they saw, the school overreacted, and that is arguable over whether or not it was racist, I don't think it was.
    Why did you think he should even get a suspension?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Why did you think he should even get a suspension?
    Suspension isn't a big deal. I think a couple of days would be justified for mapping the school in a fps game.

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    pathetic, man im glad i live in aus.
    Yea, they would not have done that over here either. Too extreme. Then again, not a whole lot happens in Canada compared to the States anyway.

Thread Information