View Poll Results: Which one should I go for???

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

16 72.73%
  • PS3

6 27.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Descisions

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Uh what about a Wii if you're not playing online?
    unless some good games come out shortly it's more of a party console, not much to do single player.
    waiting for super smash bros...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i say go with the 360. its cheaper. and i think the controller is better. also, when you look at ign and sites like that, when games come out on both 360 and ps3 the 360 version usually comes out on top. also the 360 is lightyears ahead of the ps3 in the online department.

when i got my 360 i wasn't too into online gaming either but i tried it out and now im hooked. not only is it a blast, but it gives you a lot more bang for your buck because your games last a lot longer.

This is the way to go. I prefer everything about xbox over the PS2, right down to the fact that xbox controllers are more comfortable and, IMO, easier to use.

I haven't tried the PS3 yet, but if I'd try to look at the situation objectively and was in your situation I'd still probably go for the 360 at the moment. I own one and don't see any reason to buy a PS3, but perhaps that'll change at some point in the future - by then the price will be easier to agree with as well. Win-win.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

thanks everyone for your input, you have all made it pretty easy to decide whether sony or microsoft will be getting my money

.....360 FTW
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    when i got my 360 i wasn't too into online gaming either but i tried it out and now im hooked. not only is it a blast, but it gives you a lot more bang for your buck because your games last a lot longer.
    x2
    i actually use live to talk to whiteballz because it;s cheaper than the phone, while absentmindedly kiling terrorists in the back ground lmao
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'd love to get live, but Bigpond = the greed bastards. You have to have 512kbs or higher to use live, I've only got 256kbs

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I'd love to get live, but Bigpond = the greed bastards. You have to have 512kbs or higher to use live, I've only got 256kbs
    i have 128kbs, go cry me a river

You Aussies seem to always have problems getting good intrawebz. My friends tell me of facing doods running 28.8k in warcraft III.. at least back in the day.

And to think just three years ago I was enjoying the delights of 22.5 kb dialup

Some suburbs in Canberra (national capital) still cant get broadband despite being a mere 6km from parliament house, eg

Slick_Holden is Telstra's worst victim afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You Aussies seem to always have problems getting good intrawebz. My friends tell me of facing doods running 28.8k in warcraft III.. at least back in the day.
    You can get it, it's just bloody expensive. Telstra has been holding back broadband progress, hell, they were charging other ISPs who were buying their bandwidth more than they charged their own customers.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    XBOX 360- More options for online, HD-DVD built in, more games. Don't forget PGR3, Forza 2, Halo 3.
    cons- microsoft, HD-DVD, PAY for the online.
    HD-DVD isn't built in and so isn't a con

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    PS3- new system, Blu-Ray included, and more multimedia. Also, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid...5, Killzone 2.
    Cons- pretty damn expensive, not exactly flying off the shelves, Blu Ray= not compatible with normal DVDs.
    Blu-ray is compatible with DVD's and CD's hence it being marketed as a multimedia platform and being backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Go for the Xbox 360 if you just want a next gen console.
    Go for the PS3 if you want more multimedia crap that you don't really need. You don't need the PS3's Blu-Ray unless you have a HD-TV with HDMI input.
    The Xbox 360 Elite is just a black Xbox 360 with a bigger HD and the old version of HDMI (PS3 has the newer version).

Personally, if I just wanted to upgrade to a next gen system, I would go for the Xbox 360. The PS3 is a better system though.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 05-10-2007 at 03:52 AM. Reason: oops
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    blu-ray is bullcrap anyway, you pay like three times more for a movie, and only get twice the quality. i dont think its gonna replace DVD, because their just too commonplace
    thats the dumbest argument i've ever heard !
    you probably forgot what happened to the VCR and the recording tape...
    Its not a question of IF Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are gonna take over it just Which of them is gonna come on top.
    They offer X10 more Disc space which is becoming more and more needed in an ever growing market for high quality....
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Thread Information