Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanting an XBox 360...but I'm a student and I have a car to run.

Wanting an XBox 360...but I'm a student and I have a car to run.

So here's the deal: An XBox 360 Premium from Gameplay.com is £275, I have £270 but I also have a PS2 that I'm bored with. How much do you guys think I'll get for:

Hardware:
    - Sony Playstation 2 (SCPH 39003) PAL Console + Dualshock 2 Controller in it's original packaging
    - Official Sony Vertical Stand
    - Official Sony DVD Remote control with software
    - 2x Official Sony Dualshock 2 Controllers
    - Official Sony 8MB Memory Card

Games:
    - Call of Duty 3
    - Colin McRae Rally 3
    - Colin McRae Rally 04
    - Colin McRae Rally 2005 (Platinum)
    - Driv3r
    - Driver: Parallel Lines
    - Final Fantasy X
    - Gran Turismo 3: A Spec (Platinum)
    - Grand Theft Auto 3
    - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    - Time Crisis 2
    - ToCA Race Driver
    - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Everything's in absolutely pristine condition (if anyone collects consoles... ) except for Gran Turismo 3, which I bought preowned with a German instruction manual. The Game still works 100% despite a few scratches on the disc.

And just to throw a spanner into the works, my car will be needing new front tyres soon. Ho-hum...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Don't sell your ps2! that collection of games is similar to mine and you dont want to give them all away. Once the hype of next gen has calmed down you'll still want to play your ps2 from time to time. Wait a while and save up for the 360 with a bunch of games. Its not the game-release season until summer

I don't know how much you'd get...maybe something in the $100 range. But the 360 is totally worth it. I love mine, especially with the halo 3 beta out now and Forza coming the end of the month.

I still have my PS1 and started playing those 'ancient' games again since last week. I can't deny I really enjoy it, feels good bringing back the old days again. On my PC, I have an Commodore 64 Emulator to really go back into time. And if I had the space and time for it, I think it would be great to bring back an Commodore Amiga in my house. Conclusion = retro gaming rocks (for me) I also have an X-Box, but can't be bothered to buy an X-Box 360.

Just as a base to help you think about what yours is worth.

I got about $50 from EBgames for my PS2 (that only worked about %50 of the time ) 1 Controller, Memory Card, USB headset, network adapter, Socom 3 combined assault, GT4, and Delta Force BHD2. All of this toward a X360.

BTW they don't take the non-greatest hits version of GTA San Andreas, because of the hot coffee or whatever that cheat is.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Whore yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Don't sell your ps2! that collection of games is similar to mine and you dont want to give them all away. Once the hype of next gen has calmed down you'll still want to play your ps2 from time to time. Wait a while and save up for the 360 with a bunch of games. Its not the game-release season until summer
    I've played the PS2 and all of my games to death and I'm just fed-up with them now. If it's "retro" gaming I want, I have my Nintendo 64, which I'd never sell - it's a different class of machine to the newer generations of CubestationX's.

I'm going to take a list of the PS2 stuff down to Gamestation tomorrow and see what they'll offer me for it. If I don't like what I hear, I'll get it up on eBay (the only reason I've not done this yet is that I'm an eBay virgin). So, anyone wanna buy a PS2?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by LTT View Post
    I don't know how much you'd get...maybe something in the $100 range. But the 360 is totally worth it. I love mine, especially with the halo 3 beta out now and Forza coming the end of the month.
    so how did you get the beta? I havent looked into that yet
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    so how did you get the beta? I havent looked into that yet
    Last I heard you had to either reserve a spot through Microsoft, or buy the game Crackdown that has some type of code in it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I'm scrapping my motorbike idea, I'm going to blow my £320 on an X360 some games, a forcefeedback wheel and a racing seat to clamp the wheel and pedals too.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I'm scrapping my motorbike idea, I'm going to blow my £320 on an X360 some games, a forcefeedback wheel and a racing seat to clamp the wheel and pedals too.
    Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Wow, that's got to be one of the most stupid ideas I've heard in a long time... Sorry, but you should really stick to the motorbike idea...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Wow, that's got to be one of the most stupid ideas I've heard in a long time... Sorry, but you should really stick to the motorbike idea...
    i dunno, i tried the whole motorbike thing, but ended up selling it and getting the 360 and some mini's instead
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i dunno, i tried the whole motorbike thing, but ended up selling it and getting the 360 and some mini's instead
    That's still better than getting a wheel, pedals and a racing seat if you ask me...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    That's still better than getting a wheel, pedals and a racing seat if you ask me...
    true. but those are safer
    i went from rust bucket on two wheels to rust bucket on four wheels with an xbox 360
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information