Thread: Need for Speed: Pro Street

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Need for Speed: Pro Street

No comment......

http://www.ea.com/nfs/prostreet/home.jsp

In stores November '07.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Shit, I thought we got rid of all this...

I would really like EA to make a Hot Pursuit 3, with some real cars and not the whole tuning stuff...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post

I would really like EA to make a Hot Pursuit 3, with some real cars and not the whole tuning stuff...
    Yup I'd want that again too. Altough perhaps it'd become too like Test Dirve Unlimited, then.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Oh don't count on it, EA just goes with the hype. Perhaps if somebody would stop making FnF movies and make more movies like Redline would we see the return of the exotic NFS.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Oh don't count on it, EA just goes with the hype. Perhaps if somebody would stop making FnF movies and make more movies like Redline would we see the return of the exotic NFS.
    Yeah I'm afraid you're right... Not that I'm that fond on Redline, but still...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

At least they've added some damage system...
    Former rt13.
    To see more, visit [url]http://ps-garage.com/gallery/rt13[/url]
    Thank you.

This again is why I prefer Live for speed, we use that in class too.. (learning about suspensions).

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!

Perhaps this isn't the series for you then That's sort of the whole idea of the series...
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Hell, im still playing NFS Hot Pursuit 2...

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Yeah, doesn't this get old after a while? It's the same cars, drifting. At least with the Gran Turismo or Forza series every new iteration gets more realistic and gets more cars. This series has nothing for it. IMO of course.

When it comes to auto racing games, nothing beats the simulators like Gran Turismo or Forza. All that stunty hollywoodized neon light racing makes no sense, and I don't even know how or why it started in the first place.

Initial D.

It's a decent cartoon, but I mean, when people think that it's the coolest thing on the earth, that's just wrong.

By the way, which way is faster around a track? Sliding (drifting) or grip?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'd say grip for sure. You want as many G's in a corner as possible. Someone who knows how to brake and downshift properly will be a lot more efficient around a track than someone who slides around the place. I'm not a racecar driver so I don't know, just speaking from what I think makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Initial D.

It's a decent cartoon, but I mean, when people think that it's the coolest thing on the earth, that's just wrong.

95% of the time, the answer is grip. The only time (power)sliding is beneficial is in situations like rallies where the track provides low levels of grip, like gravel for instance. With that, rally cars are virtually all 4WD and set-up for sliding around forest stages and dusty desert tracks since trying to slow down and grip the apex a la Formula 1 is a much slower way to go.

Going back to why Grip is faster, I'm sure there's a very technical explanation that involves multiple laws of physics that someone can offer but there's one simple way to look at it. When you take a corner, be it a hairpin turn or a dog's leg right-hander, it's important to brake under traction in a straight line coming into the turn, since the load under braking is spread evenly on all 4 tires and slows down the car quickly and most efficiently. Once the appropriate speed is reached, you pilot the car around the corner and get back on the throttle once the car is pointing in the direction of the exit of the turn, in a sense, following the 'apex'. Once the car is still balanced and maintaining traction, getting back on the gas gradually ensures that the car will accelerate into the straight like it's supposed to, by not spinning the tires or understeering the car into some trees. Like in braking, when getting on the gas through properly using a 'grip' method, the car can handle the added acceleration since the g-loads on the car are balanced more evenly amongst all four corners and the tires are suited for the exit.

If you're sliding around a corner, although it may be pretty, the tires are spinning or at a complete loss of grip, so getting back on the gas to get the car up to speed takes much longer and kills nearly all the momentum you had entering/taking the turn.

I may be off in something I explained so feel free to correct me

Yeah, the way you explained it grip sounds like it makes more sense, and a lot more tire friendly too.

Thread Information