Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Discussions Thread

It all ads up though if you want to do it right. Like that dodge you posted, a quick look it needs:
    - Hood
    - Windshield Squiters
    - Hood Insulation
    - Grill
    - Rt head lamp assembly
    - Rt Fender
    - Rt Fender Liner
    - Rt front Door skin
    - Rt Rear Door skin
    - Lt Bedside
    - Lt Tail Lamp Assembly
    - Lt Rear Door skin
    - Lt Front Window Glass
    - Lt Rear Tire
    It also looks like the rear is bent or some suspension is bent/broken. Then after getting an alignment you'll probably find out some more shit is bent.

Then the body work:
    - Rt Bedside
    - Rt Rear cab corner

Paint:
    - Hood
    - Rt fender
    - Blend Lt Fender
    - Rt front door
    - Rt rear door
    - Rt cab corner
    - Rt bedside
    - Lt bedside
    - Lt rear door

Who knows what else that the pictures don't show. I don't see that cheaper than buying a $20k truck.
    Last edited by johnnynumfiv; 02-01-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    It all ads up though if you want to do it right. Like that dodge you posted, a quick look it needs:
    - Hood
    - Windshield Squiters
    - Hood Insulation
    - Grill
    - Rt head lamp assembly
    - Rt Fender
    - Rt Fender Liner
    - Rt front Door skin
    - Rt Rear Door skin
    - Lt Bedside
    - Lt Tail Lamp Assembly
    - Lt Rear Door skin
    - Lt Front Window Glass
    - Lt Rear Tire
    It also looks like the rear is bent or some suspension is bent/broken. Then after getting an alignment you'll probably find out some more shit is bent.

Then the body work:
    - Rt Bedside
    - Rt Rear cab corner

Paint:
    - Hood
    - Rt fender
    - Blend Lt Fender
    - Rt front door
    - Rt rear door
    - Rt cab corner
    - Rt bedside
    - Lt bedside
    - Lt rear door

Who knows what else that the pictures don't show. I don't see that cheaper than buying a $20k truck.
    Yeah I do see what you're saying. It is a large investment of time and money, so I would need to be careful.
    Hard to find a fender bender victim anymore

I'm just considering my options as I should because I want to get exactly what I want.

It's kinda 50/50 at the moment because I do peruse the used trucks quite a bit, if I find the perfect one of course I'll jump on it.
    I've been really drooling over the 6.4 Powerstrokes, but after everyone found out how much of a powerhouse lurks under the hood with some tuning, prices skyrocketed. I'm hoping prices on used 6.4s will go down after the 6.7 comes out.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 02-01-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Yeah I do see what you're saying. It is a large investment of time and money, so I would need to be careful.
    Hard to find a fender bender victim anymore

I'm just considering my options as I should because I want to get exactly what I want.

It's kinda 50/50 at the moment because I do peruse the used trucks quite a bit, if I find the perfect one of course I'll jump on it.
    I've been really drooling over the 6.4 Powerstrokes, but after everyone found out how much of a powerhouse lurks under the hood with some tuning, prices skyrocketed. I'm hoping prices on used 6.4s will go down after the 6.7 comes out.
    Or you could just avoid the Powerleak all together and get the 6.7... I love the cummins to start with and driving the 6.7 I could see definite possibilities.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Or you could just avoid the Powerleak all together and get the 6.7... I love the cummins to start with and driving the 6.7 I could see definite possibilities.
    I mean the new 6.7 Powerstroke.

The 6.7 Cummins is intriguing once you get the stupid emissions equipment off. I love the feature of the standard exhaust brake so that's a definite plus. Save my brakes and help towing.

I mean the new 6.7 Powerstroke.

The 6.7 Cummins is intriguing once you get the stupid emissions equipment off. I love the feature of the standard exhaust brake so that's a definite plus. Save my brakes and help towing.
    Ah, right, I forgot they were coming out with that. It doesn't have similar emissions equipment to the 6.7 cummins?

I liked the VVG the most. I hate lag, even in a 7,000lb truck.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Ah, right, I forgot they were coming out with that. It doesn't have similar emissions equipment to the 6.7 cummins?

I liked the VVG the most. I hate lag, even in a 7,000lb truck.
    It has a dual stage EGR, smaller DPF due to the new urea injection. Looks like it's gonna be a nightmare to work on.

If I got a 6.7 Cummins, the EGR and DPF would be gone immediately.

This might be more directed to the Australians in our midst, but in all seriousness, WTF man.

South Australian Government gags internet debat

Web commenters will have to give their full details when discussing the SA election.

SOUTH Australia has become one of the few states in the world to censor the internet.

The new law, which came into force on January 6, requires anyone making an online comment about next month's state election to publish their real name and postcode.

The law will affect anyone posting a comment on an election story on The Advertiser's AdelaideNow website, as well as other Australian news sites.

It could also apply to election comment made on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

The law, which was pushed through last year as part of a raft of amendments to the Electoral Act and supported by the Liberal Party, also requires media organisations to keep a person's real name and full address on file for six months, and they face fines of $5000 if they do not hand over this information to the Electoral Commissioner.

'Still free speech'

Attorney-General Michael Atkinson denied that the new law was an attack on free speech.

"The AdelaideNow website is not just a sewer of criminal defamation, it is a sewer of identity theft and fraud," Mr Atkinson said.

"There is no impinging on freedom of speech, people are free to say what they wish as themselves, not as somebody else."

Mr Atkinson also said he expected The Advertiser to target him for sponsoring the law.

"I am also certain that Advertiser Newspapers and News Limited will punish me personally, viciously for being the attorney-general responsible for this law," he said.

"You will publish false stories about me, invent things about me to punish me."

The Advertiser's editor, Melvin Mansell, said: "Clearly this is censorship being implemented by a government facing an election.

"The effect of that is that many South Australians are going to be robbed of their right of freedom of speech during this election campaign.

"The sad part is that this widespread suppression is supported by the Opposition.

"Neither of these parties are representing the people for whom they have been elected to govern."

The Right to Know Coalition, made up of Australia's major media outlets including News Limited, publisher of The Advertiser and parent company of news.com.au, has called the new laws "draconian".

"This is one of the most troubling erosions of the right to free speech in Australia for many years," Right to Know spokeswoman Creina Chapman said.

Ms Chapman also pointed out that newspaper blogs such as AdelaideNow were moderated and publishers and broadcasters took responsibility for the material they published.

Liberal doubts

Opposition justice spokeswoman Vickie Chapman said yesterday while the Liberal Party had supported the amendment to the Electoral Act, she believed it would be too broad to implement if it included Facebook and Twitter.

Ms Chapman said Mr Atkinson should introduce a regulation to limit its scope.

"It is clearly not the intention of what we understood that to be," she said.

The SA law - which could also apply to talkback radio - differs from federal legislation, which preserves the right of internet users to blog under a pseudonym.

The law will apply as soon as the writs for the March 20 election are issued. The writs for the election can be issued any time between now and 25 days before the election. The law will then lapse at 6pm on polling day.

Mr Atkinson said there was no intention to broaden the law to take it beyond the period of elections.
    This Atkinson fellow also doesn't believe in an R18+ Rating for video games in Australia.

He's a bit of a tool really, but it's amazing that he is genuinely going to limit debate during an election.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It has a dual stage EGR, smaller DPF due to the new urea injection. Looks like it's gonna be a nightmare to work on.

If I got a 6.7 Cummins, the EGR and DPF would be gone immediately.
    My dad's neighbor got one as a tow rig for his horses and rock crawler and boosted the power a bit almost immediately. He kept the emissions equipment and didn't seem to have any trouble with it, so I don't know if I'd be so quick to do so. A lot of the people I've seen complaining about the new emissions equipment being impossible to work with are also the people who say the same thing about fuel injection.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    This might be more directed to the Australians in our midst, but in all seriousness, WTF man.

This Atkinson fellow also doesn't believe in an R18+ Rating for video games in Australia.

He's a bit of a tool really, but it's amazing that he is genuinely going to limit debate during an election.
    Yeah, dude. WTF? The guy impies that this is going to stop identity theft? I would think it would promote it, if anything. The whole thing seems pretty strange. How are they planning on enforcing this on facebook and twitter? Makes me want to get back on facebook just to flame the crap out of them.
    Big cities suck

lol gg south australia.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

This, in terms of it's total coverage, would only be applicable to South Australian based websites.

Even so, thats the local media, talkback radio, anything with a server in South Australia.

I take solace in the fact that means if the server is in Sydney you can say what you want, but if the locals can't say what they feel online, thats a bit of a draconian policy.

Granted, it can be said just as well with a name and postcode, but what of the repercussions?

It's a slippery slope and it has to be stopped now.

My dad's neighbor got one as a tow rig for his horses and rock crawler and boosted the power a bit almost immediately. He kept the emissions equipment and didn't seem to have any trouble with it, so I don't know if I'd be so quick to do so. A lot of the people I've seen complaining about the new emissions equipment being impossible to work with are also the people who say the same thing about fuel injection.
    The DPF gets plugged up really quick and it sucks extra fuel to burn out the soot.
    And the EGR gets a lot of soot into the turbo resulting in turbo replacement.
    The EGR has also contributed to blown head gaskets and blown radiators, so both of 'em would be gone immediately

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    This, in terms of it's total coverage, would only be applicable to South Australian based websites.

Even so, thats the local media, talkback radio, anything with a server in South Australia.

I take solace in the fact that means if the server is in Sydney you can say what you want, but if the locals can't say what they feel online, thats a bit of a draconian policy.

Granted, it can be said just as well with a name and postcode, but what of the repercussions?

It's a slippery slope and it has to be stopped now.
    Well, the article mentioned facebook and twitter, which got me thinking, but maybe that was an over reach on their part? Still, this.
    Big cities suck

They couldn't stop facebook/myspace/twitter because the servers aren't in South Australia.

They might have control over the posters though, but I don't think it'd stand up in court.

How many people are just laying back and taking it while your government takes away your rights?

Thread Information