Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saab 9-5 SportWagon 2012

Saab 9-5 SportWagon 2012

World Premiere: New Saab 9-5 SportWagon

Sharing the limelight, but no less important, the much awaited Saab 9-5 SportWagon also makes its world debut. This five-door partner for the new 9-5 Saloon will offer a compelling alternative choice in the large wagon segment and, in the UK, is expected to sell in even greater volumes than its four-door peer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Thanks, man.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

That's a nice looking wagon, well done Saab.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Bigger Saab is even bigger...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like wagons, I'd take one over an SUV or crossover any day. My g/f on the other hand, thinks I'm crazy and that they're ugly old people cars for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I like wagons, I'd take one over an SUV or crossover any day. My g/f on the other hand, thinks I'm crazy and that they're ugly old people cars for the most part.
    I think your gf is right
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Let's hope Victor Muller can revive the glorious days of the Saab brand again, it deserves to (although most people aren't too proud on the last Saab era).

His wish is that Saab can be called together with Audi in one breath within 10 years. I really hope they can survive that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Let's hope Victor Muller can revive the glorious days of the Saab brand again, it deserves to (although most people aren't too proud on the last Saab era).

His wish is that Saab can be called together with Audi in one breath within 10 years. I really hope they can survive that long.
    hm, I do not think to be called together with Audi in one breath is something to look forward to.....he might want to put his standard a little higher and less vulgar.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes that is what I thought as well. I think he is referring to more in terms of market share or brand value (to most people), but I definitely hope they can catch the old spirit again. A spirit that Audi doesn't possess, let's make that clear.

Anyhow, whatever you think of Saab or Audi, it sounds ambitious to me. From Spyker - a small volume sportscar manufacturer (using Audi engines...) to premium supplier of luxury cars - hopefully including that pre-Opel period 'twist'
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 03-05-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think your gf is right
    Sez he, a wagon as his avatar.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Sez he, a wagon as his avatar.
    age related problem,as the g/f rightly indicated. We become practical only in the later stages of our life.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Yes that is what I thought as well. I think he is referring to more in terms of market share or brand value (to most people), but I definitely hope they can catch the old spirit again. A spirit that Audi doesn't possess, let's make that clear.

Anyhow, whatever you think of Saab or Audi, it sounds ambitious to me. From Spyker - a small volume sportscar manufacturer (using Audi engines...) to premium supplier of luxury cars - hopefully including that pre-Opel period 'twist'
    yep, he could well have mentioned Audi out of politeness because of the fact that Spyker is still using their engines, albeit the old versions without direct fuel injection.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    age related problem,as the g/f rightly indicated. We become practical only in the later stages of our life.
    We? Speak for yourself. I want a wagen with 450+HP.

EDIT: As a courtesy to younger members, this discussion may have to be moved to the Cranky Old Farts thread.
    Last edited by csl177; 03-05-2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    We? Speak for yourself. I want a wagen with 450+HP.

EDIT: As a courtesy to younger members, this discussion may have to be moved to the Cranky Old Farts thread.
    I guess your wagon will also have a towing hook to pull a tanker.

cranky or creapy???

Creaky. Put me down for a nice fast wagon too.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information