Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All new BMW M6 and the first glimpse of Bertone's new extreme concept car ...

All new BMW M6 and the first glimpse of Bertone's new extreme concept car ...

BMW have taken the wraps of the latest generation M6 in Coupe and Convertible. Replacing the much loved V10-engined M6, the new version is powered by the same twin turbo V8 that is also found in the recently introduced M5. Displacing just under 4.4 litre, this 'S63' produces 560 hp and 680 Nm of torque. As on the M5, the potent engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox with dual clutches for lightning quick gearshifts. To keep the weight down, the new M6 features a mix of body materials that include aluminium and thermoplastics. The Coupe features a carbon fibre roof, which adds to its visual appeal. Due to be launched in Geneva early next month, the new M6 Coupe and M6 Convertible will be available at dealers later in the year.
    Also due at the popular Swiss show is Bertone's latest show car. It is dubbed the Nuccio as a tribute to Nuccio Bertone, who headed the company during its most successful period. For now all we have are two sketches of the upcoming concept. These look clearly inspired by the legendary Stratos Zero of 1970, which remains as one of the absolute highlights of Bertone's rich portfolio.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Bertone Nuccio Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 BMW M6 Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 BMW M6 Convertible - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The New M6 isn't really that good looking, thats being kind. I expect if will be amazing like other BMW M cars.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I don't think the new M6 looks terrible but it still looks like a big 3-series (only not as good). An 80K dollar GT can't be ok, it has to be gorgeous. It has to compete with the Jaguar XK and the big Mercs.

I must be in the minority that thinks the last gen 6 was a better looking car than the newer one....might be because I had a ride in a 645 Cabrio and that V8 sounds sweet...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I like the new M6. Same "formula" as the last generation M5/M6, so it was pretty much what I was expecting, just wanted to see the real thing eventually instead of renderings.

Just saying, but you guys here don't really seem to like new cars? Not saying exactly everyone, but everytime I see a post regarding any new car, the reception is generally negative.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    That's a new design on the 6? Looks identical...

The 6 and 7 are the last good-looking cars in BMW's roster. The new 3 looks OK, so does the 1, but not that good. IMHO, of course.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

New M6 looks good. I like It
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w;980925}Just saying, but you guys here don't really seem to like new cars? Not saying exactly everyone, but everytime I see a post regarding [U
    any[/U] new car, the reception is generally negative.
    New cars seem to put less emphasis on driving and more on luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    That's a new design on the 6? Looks identical...

The 6 and 7 are the last good-looking cars in BMW's roster. The new 3 looks OK, so does the 1, but not that good. IMHO, of course.
    Did you mean least?

While I wouldn't say the 6 and 7 series are ugly, I just feel they're not as timeless as the old 6 or 7 series. The styling isn't as controversial, perhaps it grew on me, but I still don't think it compares to the styling from the E46, E39 or E38.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Did you mean least?

While I wouldn't say the 6 and 7 series are ugly, I just feel they're not as timeless as the old 6 or 7 series. The styling isn't as controversial, perhaps it grew on me, but I still don't think it compares to the styling from the E46, E39 or E38.
    Which old 6 or 7 series?

I don't know if the new one is less driver's car though....the last one wasn't exactly a track monster, the new one actually seems better in that respect in every area except the sound....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    New cars seem to put less emphasis on driving and more on luxury.
    Thats why i love the BMW 1M. The 1M put emphasis on driving, it's nice to see a new car once in a while which does what it's supose to do.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Which old 6 or 7 series?

I don't know if the new one is less driver's car though....the last one wasn't exactly a track monster, the new one actually seems better in that respect in every area except the sound....
    This one.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E24"]BMW 6 Series (E24) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

And this one.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E38"]BMW 7 Series (E38) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The E38 was the last generation of the 7 series I liked.

I feel the older generation BMWs look a lot better than the current ones.

I'm sure they drive well, I just feel like the styling isn't there.

Ah yes, I thought you are talking about the newer ones...

There is an interesting article on Chris Bangle recently on I think Automobile magazine....I thought it was a pretty good read....need to find if I can scan it..
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'm sure they drive well, I just feel like the styling isn't there.
    I agree but I don't think it could possibly drive well enough to make it worth 100k USD. I mean, an XK and the 911 both start at around 80k, almost 20k less than this. And according to everything I have heard, they are both great cars to drive.

Worth is decided by the buyer and what they are after.....afterall for 100k if you are looking for the "fast car", a GTR or Z06 both will decimate any thing around that price bracket...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information