Thread: Robotwars

Robotwars

My uncle some of his friends and me are buildiing a awesome robot to compete on the next (dutch) edition of robotwars.It will be very cool, and strong etc. We put a lot of effort in it (2 yers, 2 evenings a week) and we are making good progress finally.Have a look on the website, for all the english users just click on gallery and you'll see some (old) pics

The weapon will be replacable, so we can have different weapons.

we have put lots of money in so far, i lost the count, but it is in the thousands of euros .Other competitors say we are VERY professional and will come far in the robotwars series

http://members.ams.chello.nl/vlengkeek/main.htm
    Last edited by drakkie; 06-21-2004 at 02:07 AM. Reason: oops forgot to post the link

thats so cool

awsome, let us know how it all turns out!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    awsome, let us know how it all turns out!
    i will

That's great I enjoy watching that show here whenever it's on. Although we get the Lame comedy central "Battle Bots" now instead of "Robot Wars" which we used to be able to see. Good luck with that, and why not write UCP on it somewhere then you'll have a few thousand keen car/robot fighting machine lovers right there with you when you go kick some ass. +1 for coolness!
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    That's great I enjoy watching that show here whenever it's on. Although we get the Lame comedy central "Battle Bots" now instead of "Robot Wars" which we used to be able to see. Good luck with that, and why not write UCP on it somewhere then you'll have a few thousand keen car/robot fighting machine lovers right there with you when you go kick some ass. +1 for coolness!

how big is the robot gonna be, if it is bigger then i would think that putting www.ultimatecarpage.com would be better than UCP coz not that many pople will know what UCP stands for ..
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I've watch it a bit on cable and really enjoyed the show.

So how heavy is your robot because I've noticed some of them weights in over 100kgs.

Keep us posted!
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

it is gonna be about 1,5 metres in length , 1 metres wide and 30-40 centimeters high.And it is gonna weigh no more as 100 kilos (max. weight allowed).We have a real weight problem alredy, so we gotta lose some.Maybe an idea to go to the weight watchers .

Thread Information