Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

+1.
    Seriously though, I don't agree with this at all. If ever there was a time when it's ok to have a beer in a hockey rink, that would be it.

Tough shot at the backup goal tender cost us our shutout, but I'll take 6-1 over finland. We did our part canada, now you do yours.

Loving the upsets in team pursuit, too.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    +1.
    Seriously though, I don't agree with this at all. If ever there was a time when it's ok to have a beer in a hockey rink, that would be it.
    Well it's definitely a proper way to celebrate that kind of victory, I would definitely have a cigar myself, and certainly a few beers.

It just wasn't the right place at all to do it. In the locker room at worst, in the rooms at the village at best, and even better, a little reunion with all the players when the Olympics are over, just before leaving to their respective homes.

I don't really mind the girl who is 18 and drank anyway, we've pretty much all drank while being underage but congratulations on not thinking about the fact she couldn't do it there, and in front of the media too...

I can't help but think this event will be part of the reasons (albeit not mentioned directly) we won't get to see Women's ice hockey in Sochi in 2014, the main reason being that it's really just a two-team tournament.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Yeah, the 18 year old was a misstep. But they did wait until the place (seriously, "Canada Hockey Place" was the best name you could come up with?) had cleared out. But I'm not hearing about underage drinking, I'm hearing about how hockey players having a beer is a bad influence on our children. They show champagne at the end of races, and that's widely televised as part of the official ceremonies. How is this different?
    Last edited by wwgkd; 02-26-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: sp
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Yeah, the 18 year old was a misstep. But they did wait until the place (seriously, "Canada Hockey Place" was the best name you could come up with?) had cleared out. But I'm not hearing about underage drinking, I'm hearing about how hockey players having a beer is a bad influence on our children. They show champagne at the end of races, and that's widely televisedas part of the official ceremonies. How is this different?
    Oh come on now.

Everything is a bad example for children.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Oh come on now.

Everything is a bad example for children.
    And everything causes cancer so lets all just get over it and get on with our lives.
    Big cities suck

(seriously, "Canada Hockey Place" was the best name you could come up with?)
    If you didn't know the story, it's actually GM Place - the Vancouver Canuck's (of the NHL for those wondering) home arena, but as GM is not a sponsor of the IOC or some such thing, it can't be called GM Place for the games.

That being said, the official vehicles of the games are all GM and we've had tons of ads for them on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    If you didn't know the story, it's actually GM Place - the Vancouver Canuck's (of the NHL for those wondering) home arena, but as GM is not a sponsor of the IOC or some such thing, it can't be called GM Place for the games.

That being said, the official vehicles of the games are all GM and we've had tons of ads for them on TV.
    That makes more sense (sadly enough.) Still, why not ad an "a" in there to make it sound more like something the olympics (and your national pride) are being held in? Canada Hockey Palace?
    Big cities suck

just want to draw everybody's attention to the fact that the Netherlands yesterday won their 100th medal since the start of the wintergames.
    While all 99 before were won by doing something related to ice, the century was completed by Nicky Sauerbrij, who for the first time ever won a medal for Holland (gold in this case) on a snow event. For a country of which the highest spot is a whopping 1000 feet above sea level, not bad. The shadow side of this might in increase in popularity of snowboarding, and I don't like those at all on the normal ski slopes.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

And she did it by beating a very hot Russian chick.

Kudos to Her.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

pic related

I didn't like curling before the Norwegians.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

For all of those screaming "USA USA USA"...

Consider two things:

1. Thank Miller for his stellar performance, and Brodeur for his uncharacteristically sub par performance.

2. You guys narrowly won against Switzerland. Granted Switzerland gave us on hell of an opposition too but, again, Brodeur was in the net. He's clearly not in the right state of mind. LOOOUUUU!

Best of luck.
    LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Had to be a kid from Montreal

Gold shall be ours!

on the same subject LOL @ Russia
    and thumbs up for slovakia!!! HALAKLAKLAK!!!!!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Had to be a kid from Montreal

Gold shall be ours!

on the same subject LOL @ Russia
    and thumbs up for slovakia!!! HALAKLAKLAK!!!!!
    I can't wait to see what will happen in Montreal once the season resumes. Halak now #1? He definitely had a great tournament, and if he wins tonight against Finland, that bronze medal around his neck will definitely add more fuel to the fire. The Price vs. Halak debate is far from over.

Also, Go Canada Go! I can't watch the game unfortunately, gotta work 'til 17:00
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 02-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    So those are the Norwegians in those insane outfits? Pretty original I must say.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    So those are the Norwegians in those insane outfits? Pretty original I must say.
    Those pants match with silver pretty well

I can't wait to see what will happen in Montreal once the season resumes. Halak now #1? He definitely had a great tournament, and if he wins tonight against Finland, that bronze medal around his neck will definitely add more fuel to the fire. The Price vs. Halak debate is far from over.

Also, Go Canada Go! I can't watch the game unfortunately, gotta work 'til 17:00
    Dont get me started on the whole Halak vs Price buisness... it will go on for PAGES... lol
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information