Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Explosive traces' on sunken warship

ROK leadership might not be great, but better there than DPRK. Can play Starcraft all day for one thing..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Unless you are having to squat in buildings they want for rich developers to get richer and exploiut MORE immigrant workers and keep them "imprisoned". Still no evidence presented to "Prove" the claim that those people who died "set light to the buildings themselves"

I NEVER understood why the likes of NIKE got it in the neck for the conditions the workers were forced to oeprate in when the nations government stood aside and in some circles supported the rich business owners
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    hopefully this isn't DPRK trying something on to see what happens before going bigger...
    That's a scary thought b/c if Lil Kim rly is using the nibbling approach then things could escalate real fast. It's the same method Hitler used and eventually led to WWII

I still find it amusing that the DPRK (Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea) is the North and the less democratic sounding ROK (Republic of Korea) is the South. All hail the marketeers..

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I'm honestly not scared of Korea. I don't believe that he would use nuclear weapons, or what ever it may be to go to war with other countries.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    That's a scary thought b/c if Lil Kim rly is using the nibbling approach then things could escalate real fast. It's the same method Hitler used and eventually led to WWII
    Nothing alike, but that might be down to USA history classes confusing things
    Korea sadly still has the hangover from the Communist Domino bogey-man days and the farce of "freeing" the south
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^ yeah prolly, that is what we learned tho, he just kept doin small bully type shit and he kept turnin it up a knotch each time until he crossed the line (literally). He was testin Europe's patience to see what he could get away w/ and it looks like Lil Kim could be doin the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    I'm honestly not scared of Korea. I don't believe that he would use nuclear weapons, or what ever it may be to go to war with other countries.
    Nukes or otherwise, any warfare that China gets involved with the 'opposing side' would be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I still find it amusing that the DPRK (Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea) is the North and the less democratic sounding ROK (Republic of Korea) is the South. All hail the marketeers..
    It was the same with East and West Germany back then, wasn't it?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lil' Kim? Nibble approach?

That could be bad. she looks hungry...

Honestly if this was an act comitted by North Korea it's likely that it was simply an overzealous border boat who's crew and their familly will likely not see out the summer.

Kim Jong Il is like a petulant emo kid - "I'll cut myself, I really will....you you watch, you'll all be sorry..."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 05-07-2010 at 06:12 AM.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

China has defended DPRK before, but If push comes to shove do you really think china would take their side against the rest of the world?

I think not.

what would they have to gain? they aren't really a "communist" country anymore. there is no ideological backing to this.
    Even less monetary.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

North Korea says South pushing towards war | Reuters

And it gets more interesting.

For the record, does anyone know which nations actually had a part in this "multinational investigation that found that it was a northern craft which sunk the cheonan? Depending on where you get your news it says either that "South Korea concluded," or "a multinational investigation concluded," but never names other nations that I've found.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Was a little surprised Obama let Clinton off her leash on this one.

Time to waken up guys, the West ( ie USA ) are now in the declining phase of their empire(s) and China taking over. Just as past empires learned, ther is a time to stop fighting the up-coming one an daccept a position as second to them.

China accounts for 97% of global production of “rare earth” elements --lanthanum, cerium, neodymium, europium and yttrium -- which are vital for a wide range of technologies like iPhones, wind turbines and X-ray machines and military applications like precision-guided munitions and lasers. If it chose to cut off our supplies of these elements, our ability to produce many of these weapon systems and widely used civilian technologies would end abruptly.
    CHina doesn't NEED the west, they are now in control of the most important resources, just as in the past it was once spices, slavery, 3rd world trade and new-tech for us. Now China is in charge and we'd best realise it

Writing is on the wall
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-21-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Was a little surprised Obama let Clinton off her leash on this one.

Time to waken up guys, the West ( ie USA ) are now in the declining phase of their empire(s) and China taking over. Just as past empires learned, ther is a time to stop fighting the up-coming one an daccept a position as second to them.

CHina doesn't NEED the west, they are now in control of the most important resources, just as in the past it was once spices, slavery, 3rd world trade and new-tech for us. Now China is in charge and we'd best realise it

Writing is on the wall
    Not very scottish of you...
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Of course it's VERY Scottish ?

We didn't invade anyone ... we went as teachers and ministers to spread education and the word. We knew not to act aggresive OR most importantly that if we were the biggest never to be a bully But ... if YOU messed with US then it was a different case and where I suspect msot of the reputation you know of has come from.

Then we became British and our Celtic fight used by the English as their shock-troops in defending the worst excesses of the British Empire -- whcih of course shrunk as America attacked it and grew. Perhaps Scots are the best to again sit on the sidelines and point out the common-sense with no ego

Thread Information