Thread: Holden VE Ute 60th Anniversary Edition

Holden VE Ute 60th Anniversary Edition

2008 will see GM Holden celebrate its 1000th ute export to South Africa with the announcement that General Motors South Africa is to take delivery of the new VE Ute.

This is the first export program for the all-new Ute, outside New Zealand, and enters GM Holden into its 5th year of ute exports to South Africa.

To be sold as a Chevrolet Lumina SS Ute, the VE derivative will be almost identical in terms of specification and features to the domestic version of the sporty SS V Series, and joins the popular Lumina SS Sedan already on sale.

The vehicle was launched recently in Sabie, South Africa, where Marketing Manager for General Motors South Africa, Des Fenner, said the all-new Lumina SS Ute occupied a special niche as it was the only vehicle of its kind in the South African market.

“It is a vehicle that has a tremendous appeal amongst a group of buyers that work hard and play hard and enjoy an active lifestyle,” Fenner said.

“This vehicle raises the bar thanks to the wealth of expertise at GM’s global rear wheel drive design and engineering centre in Australia. They have created a vehicle that successfully integrates sports car performance, ride and handling, together with a functional load carrying capability.”

GM Holden Export Manager, Kristian Aquilina, said that it was great to see this long standing relationship with GM South Africa continue, especially with such an exciting product.

“The VE range, including the Ute, has generated a great response from our global GM partners and there is certainly a market for this kind of vehicle,” Aquilina said.

“Exports are an essential part of our strategy and with the success of the VE range overseas we expect to export 50 per cent of the vehicles we make here in Australia in the near future.”

The Chevrolet Ute has established strong credentials in South Africa as a recreational sports car and the new VE Ute is set to impress as a practical workhorse that promises functionality and versatility with stunning styling and performance.

Images are available on mediaOnline

GM Holden in 2008

2008 is a diamond year for GM Holden which will be recognising a number of key anniversaries. These include: the 60th anniversary of Australia’s Own Car – the 48-215; the 50th anniversary of the founding of Holden Vehicle Operations at Elizabeth; 40 years since the introduction of Monaro; 30 years of the Commodore nameplate; and the General Motors centennial
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Holden VE Ute 60th Anniversary Edition #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

How do you go about extracting images from a flash site? I would like to get the images of the newer LS3 engined HSV off the HSV site (multimedia > images > grange as an example) but don't know how to do it.
    any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by WyleECoyote View Post
    How do you go about extracting images from a flash site? I would like to get the images of the newer LS3 engined HSV off the HSV site (multimedia > images > grange as an example) but don't know how to do it.
    any help appreciated.
    these images are from the GM media site, unfortunatly the HSV media site requires different credentials which i've applied to but havent received a reply for yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    these images are from the GM media site, unfortunatly the HSV media site requires different credentials which i've applied to but havent received a reply for yet...
    Thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for them...

me too, after asking me about some reference i didn't receive any answer
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for them...
    Just got my credentials, and looking at the LS3 press release it appears that its being used in the following cars:

HSV LS3 pricing schedule
    Maloo R8 $61,550
    ClubSport R8 $64,550
    GTS $76,990
    Senator Signature $79,190
    Grange $84,690

any in perticular you want ?
    Last edited by Gt1Street; 05-26-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Just got my credentials, and looking at the LS3 press release it appears that its being used in the following cars:

HSV LS3 pricing schedule
    Maloo R8 $61,550
    ClubSport R8 $64,550
    GTS $76,990
    Senator Signature $79,190
    Grange $84,690

any in perticular you want ?
    Them all if possible?

Them all if possible?
    Sure, i'll post them later today

Thread Information