Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar F-Type (X152) SVR 2016-

Jaguar F-Type (X152) SVR 2016-

The new F-Type SVR is the first Jaguar to top 200mph since the 1992 XJ220 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It is notably more expensive than the F-Type R, although still significantly cheaper than cars like the 911 Turbo S and the R8 V10 Plus #2
    Visca Catalunya!

With a 575bhp Supercharged V8 and four wheel drive, 0-60 mph is dealt in three and a half seconds #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Goodies include and Inconel and Titanium exhaust, forged alloy wheels, new front bumper and rear diffuser and fully clad underbody #4
    Visca Catalunya!

There is alo a new rear spoiler, which reduces rear end lift. And is utterly ghastly #5
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm still grumpy that the only V8 powered models available here are AWD with flappy paddles.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    I'm still grumpy that the only V8 powered models available here are AWD with flappy paddles.
    Europe still gets the rear wheel drive R; unfortunately only with the 8 speed auto (which incidentally is surprisingly good to have fun with).
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Europe still gets the rear wheel drive R; unfortunately only with the 8 speed auto (which incidentally is surprisingly good to have fun with).
    Yeah, we're stuck with the aforementioned bloated ones. I probably wouldn't get one anyway; the average sticker price on the local V8s is higher than that of a Viper ACR or loaded Z06. Maybe when I'll get older I'll appreciate the brand more.

Unlike here, which is quite bargain. If a 120 grand car can be a bargain, that is. In fact in the +500bhp segment the only cars cheaper than it are the BMW M5, the Mercedes-Benz C63 S AMG, the Range Rover Sport Supercharged and the Nissan GT-R. The next cheapest sportscar is the Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS which costs 40 grand more than the Jag.

I'd have an F-Type in a heartbeat, though probably not a V8. A V6S hardtop should be perfectly fine.
    Visca Catalunya!

Unlike here, which is quite bargain. If a 120 grand car can be a bargain, that is. In fact in the +500bhp segment the only cars cheaper than it are the BMW M5, the Mercedes-Benz C63 S AMG, the Range Rover Sport Supercharged and the Nissan GT-R. The next cheapest sportscar is the Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS which costs 40 grand more than the Jag.

I'd have an F-Type in a heartbeat, though probably not a V8. A V6S hardtop should be perfectly fine.
    Here we have the CTS-V as well, which comes in a fair bit under the M5. All the mentioned cars are so very different that I find them difficult to compare.

Ah, the V6. Wouldn't that be priced around the same as the base C7? To be honest, I don't think I'd be looking at one if I was in the market for the other -- those two cars seem so very different in everything from styling to personality. While the F-type rear is a good bit prettier than the horrendous C7 rear-end, I'd still take the more exciting one ('exciting' being a subjective term).

The problem is... we have no C7 here (at least in Spain, maybe in Germany it is offered)...

The other cheaper performance performance cars are the 370Z (which is old, and costs less than half what the Jaguar costs), the BMW Z4 (which is BMW's California), the new SLC AMG (which costs around 8 grand less than the base F-Type) and the new 718 Boxster (which costs about the same as the Jag).

The problem is that while all of those cars may be good, I do not hanker after them as I do with the Jaguar. It's like the current big Mopars, I know there are better cars out there, maybe even cheaper, but they feel special in a way none of its rivals can.
    Visca Catalunya!

You know, I'd be interested in the Jaguar, too, if those were my options. The 370Z is just a huge 'no' from me, the Z4 is a little too all-around padded, and the SLC is about as exciting to me as the Audi TT. The 718 and the Jaguar would be near the top of my list.

I'm not sure about Mopar. With the exception of the Viper -- which is on my shopping list -- I'm not sure I'd be looking at them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    You know, I'd be interested in the Jaguar, too, if those were my options. The 370Z is just a huge 'no' from me, the Z4 is a little too all-around padded, and the SLC is about as exciting to me as the Audi TT. The 718 and the Jaguar would be near the top of my list.

I'm not sure about Mopar. With the exception of the Viper -- which is on my shopping list -- I'm not sure I'd be looking at them twice.
    These are basically my exact thoughts. I am wobbly on the Viper though. It will be sad to see it go, but the new one looks so pretty in that red pain they use in press shots, and it's just something different. To have that and a C7 in the garage if possible would be pretty neat.

I would like to snatch up a NA Cayman, C7, or F-Type were I shopping for cars in that class. The GT350 would probably enter the conversation too.

The new F-Type SVR is the first Jaguar to top 200mph since the 1992 XJ220 #1
    And what about the XJR-15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    And what about the XJR-15 ?
    It was made from 1990 to 1992 and only does 191mph.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information