View Poll Results: Which is the worst ever?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yugo

6 30.00%
  • AMC Pacer

4 20.00%
  • Ford Pinto

3 15.00%
  • Chevrolet Vega

4 20.00%
  • Chevrolet Citation

0 0%
  • 1988-1994 Jaguar XJ

0 0%
  • Aston Martin Lagonda

0 0%
  • Maserati Biturbo

1 5.00%
  • Cadillac Cimarron

2 10.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The worst car.....ever

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    That's the plan...

I have to say, if someone forgets mine I'll be royally pissed off

Actually, Fred, me and Tom are from the 3rd to the 5th of May.

We want a thread called "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"... in chronological order...
    Works for me. I'll see what I can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    One thing has been bugging me and I've concluded this is the time and place to ask for help. How many randomly picked friends do you need to have to have, with 95%/99% probability, at least one birthday party to go to every day of the year? I really want to know.
    You'd have to ask Sam C since he's so popular
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

One thing has been bugging me and I've concluded this is the time and place to ask for help. How many randomly picked friends do you need to have to have, with 95%/99% probability, at least one birthday party to go to every day of the year? I really want to know.
    You don't need to have more than 20 friends to be able to go to a birthday party every day of the year. You get acquaintances from friends of friends, if you make a big impression. If you're trying this in real life, have 20 friends. In turn, they belong to 10 friendship groups. That's 2 people in each group. That way, somehow, you'll be able to make a birthday party each day of the year. Maybe.

However, on a site of 40,000+ members, I remember one day when we only had one birthday on a certain day- the odds of that are pretty cool.

It's worked for me so far...
    I plan to only make threads abotu important stuff, like the rumor of Ford cutting Mercury.

Now, can a mod please close/delete this thread? I kinda want this eyesore out of here.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

You don't need to have more than 20 friends to be able to go to a birthday party every day of the year. You get acquaintances from friends of friends, if you make a big impression. If you're trying this in real life, have 20 friends. In turn, they belong to 10 friendship groups. That's 2 people in each group. That way, somehow, you'll be able to make a birthday party each day of the year. Maybe.

However, on a site of 40,000+ members, I remember one day when we only had one birthday on a certain day- the odds of that are pretty cool.
    I'm trying to work out the theory first.
    -> How many people do you need to know to know someone with a birthday every day? I know how to count it, but I don't want to sweep through my dusty mathematic books to find the formula to it, perhaps someone has it in fresher memory?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Too late man, we've already hijacked it, and are discussing highly important things... but just so long as it's not highly opinionated, then who cares?

I'm trying to work out the theory first.
    -> How many people do you need to know to know someone with a birthday every day? I know how to count it, but I don't want to sweep through my dusty mathematic books to find the formula to it, perhaps someone has it in fresher memory?
    I have no idea. It was off the cuff, as I've had to turn down a lot of invites lately due to work and such.

I have no idea. It was off the cuff, as I've had to turn down a lot of invites lately due to work and such.
    Using the site statistics as help it's reasonable to conclude that the number probably is somewhere between 3000 (the number of regular members here - since we don't have a HB thread daily) and 50 000(to be on the safe side) since there usually is at least one birthday...
    - Are YOU listed? -

There could probably have been an HB thread most days, I missed a few people because I thought others wouldn't have a) cared or b) remembered.

I'm still contemplating making one for Merrill, for example.

There could probably have been an HB thread most days, I missed a few people because I thought others wouldn't have a) cared or b) remembered.

I'm still contemplating making one for Merrill, for example.
    The problem is that there is a big gap between most days and all days, you could know 400 people and know someone with a birthday most days but you can probably know 10 000+ people without knowing someone with a birthday every day.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Yes, that's true, but it is much easier to keep track of 400 people than 10,000!

Imagine what your MSN contact list would look like. I have trouble keeping track of just about 110.

Yes, that's true, but it is much easier to keep track of 400 people than 10,000!

Imagine what your MSN contact list would look like. I have trouble keeping track of just about 110.
    If you have +10 000 friends, I bet one of them is pretty nifty with computers and can team up with someone who's into accounting to come up with good ways to sort and search. Besides, screw the practicality, I want a number!
    - Are YOU listed? -

I have a great idea, why not make a thread and everyone fills in their birthdays and lets see how many days are missing? Perhaps in time it will be filled?
    - Are YOU listed? -

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me!

You or me? Methinks should be in Misc. or Website Discussion.

You is teh HBxor.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I don't understand why everyone hates the Veryon! It does what it does, and that's what it was designed to do. People don't hate bentlies for not being as agile as a lotus, or loti for not having the top speed of a Mclaren.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information