Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prius Outdoes Hummer in Environmental Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I'm planning to
    Read the above post.

and Prius I agree, a bit, but I think diesels are slowly gaining popularity, or will be soon.

As far as I know, DaimlerChrysler is the first american manufacturer to offer a diesel engine in a passenger car, as the Jeep Liberty has a diesel option. American manufacturers had offered Diesel engines on their HD trucks, but whose are considered heavy duty vehicles, adn people still questioned the reliability of diesel engines in "normal" cars.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius View Post
    As far as I know, DaimlerChrysler is the first american manufacturer to offer a diesel engine in a passenger car, as the Jeep Liberty has a diesel option. American manufacturers had offered Diesel engines on their HD trucks, but whose are considered heavy duty vehicles, adn people still questioned the reliability of diesel engines in "normal" cars.
    VW, Audi and BMW have all announced plans to export diesel cars to the U.S IIRC

I think Mercedes may have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mäusekino View Post
    wouldn't surprise me if Toyota shifted the mileage-counter a bit
    Why would they do that? It's not even something they've publicized; I only heard about it because it happened in Vancouver They chose to buy back this taxi because it had high milage on it.

Oh... and one more thing. North Americans have been able to buy VW Diesel models since the 70s, and they're more reliable and economical than pretty much anything else on the road. There are no doubts about reliability or user-friendliness. North Americans just have relatively cheap fuel and resist change.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog View Post
    Oh... and one more thing. North Americans have been able to buy VW Diesel models since the 70s,
    Yes, but not right now, or at least in Canada.

Just checked their site and accoding to that, you can't get a diesel Jetta or Rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog View Post
    Oh... and one more thing. North Americans have been able to buy VW Diesel models since the 70s, and they're more reliable and economical than pretty much anything else on the road. There are no doubts about reliability or user-friendliness. North Americans just have relatively cheap fuel and resist change.
    And Mercedes-Benz diesels too, didn't they?

Mercedes-Benz diesels have a reputation for legendary reliability. I personally I think it's only a matter of time until petrol prices are high enough, for americans to start considering diesels.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Yes, but not right now, or at least in Canada.

Just checked their site and accoding to that, you can't get a diesel Jetta or Rabbit.
    We're not really missing out on much... might be two model years, tops. I've seen a few brand new ones still sitting at the dealerships recently though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And Mercedes-Benz diesels too, didn't they?

Mercedes-Benz diesels have a reputation for legendary reliability. I personally I think it's only a matter of time until petrol prices are high enough, for americans to start considering diesels.
    Yeah, we've had a few Mercedes models too. I mentioned VW mostly because they're the cheapest and most "normal" cars available with diesels. Mercedes did make some good ones though - back in the 70s my Dad had one with half a million kilometres on it

Americans don't tend to look at alternatives when gas prices go up; they usually just wage war or something of the like. But we can always hope
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 03-15-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius View Post
    Go to a Ford truck dealership and ask how many diesel trucks they sell compared to petrol trucks.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

But how many people buy trucks to make a statement rather than use to carry heavy loads?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Is this the right thread to post this in?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...n-at-top-speed
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    But how many people buy trucks to make a statement rather than use to carry heavy loads?
    Not as much as you'd think. Unless it's a SRT10 or something. But then those are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    Um, deese!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm F350s my luuuurves
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

TDI to the rescue!!!

Thread Information