Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New NSX (i wish)

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
    Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.
    Could the R34 crack 4sec to 100kmh? Or do nearly 200mph? And tunability isn't a concern of manufacturers.

Also besides amuse who have already designed their own suspension and ECU, none of the other tuning firms seem to be making any progress, between Top Secret and HKS all i saw was new exhaust,new boost controller, new intake plumbing, the usual aesthetics and new rims which coincidentally are the same size as stock ones. Garage 20 didn't even bother with the whole process, they just painted their rims black, and as a side note even in super GT, Nissan wasn't confident enough with their v6 to even let it race in gt300 in the new gt-r
    The car's barely been on sale, those things take time. Plus, with the demand for the car it might have taken them a while to even get a car to work on. And a Super GT car has zero to do with the road car it's fibreglass body is supposed to look like.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 03-19-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Best Motoring also tested the stock new GTR on track against tuned R32-R34 GTR, with the R34 being a 600+ BHP MCR version, it is less than 1/2 sec slower for the lap around Tsukuba.......

GT300 and GT500 has nil to do with street cars, both class allows ridiculous amount of modification, and engine choices, which means it really doesn't matter what car or engine you run.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post

The car's barely been on sale, those things take time. Plus, with the demand for the car it might have taken them a while to even get a car to work on. And a Super GT car has zero to do with the road car it's fibreglass body is supposed to look like.
    Allright, if we compare it to the evo x which came out at almost the same time as the gtr and has not gotten as much attention.

HKS has been able to created chassis upgrades with new suspension parts, engine upgrades, uprated turbos and plumbing to go with it, JUN have their time attack car while ARC's demo car is just amazing. The gt-r really doesn't compare with its tuning progress
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-19-2008 at 12:35 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

i must say i love the look of the old nsx. to me it is still one of the prettiest cars ever made. unfortunately they never really updated it much to keep up with the competition and with the price where it was, you didn't really get much for what you pay.

ive actually considered buying a used nsx (you can usually find them used for relatively cheap) but in the end its just not worth it when there are corvettes and vipers out there for cheaper.

i would love to get an nsx body and throw an ls2 or ls7 in it. then it would have the power to back up its looks:^)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Yes, it does. It means that Nissan recognises that people are increasingly taking their cars to track days, and can limit their top speed on the road to satisfy the safety/environmental nazi's without making owners incur unnecessary costs delimiting to take their cars to a track day.
    I meant the fact that they are limited as well. Your argument is like a kid telling his mother that he got 15 out of 100 on an exam but that she doesn't have to worry because the rest of the class got the same score or worse. He still failed

By 156mph limiter? Sure
    Given the power that the car has I would definitely hit that speed a few times. It has the acceleration power of a Ferrari F430, imagine one of those limited to 156mph

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Given the power that the car has I would definitely hit that speed a few times. It has the acceleration power of a Ferrari F430, imagine one of those limited to 156mph
    Anyways , If we would get of the nissan thing for just a second, I think that the ASCC or next gen NSX is not in keeping with the NSX theme. Honda has gained its reputation of suppling cars to the general masses, whether due to fuel economy, price, sizing in sedans, sports cars, motorcycles, boating and almost all types of transportation even jets, but now they just seem to have lost it.

Speaking of Ferraris, i would rather have this Mid engine V6 Ferrari than the v10 NSX, just a rendering but it would totally eat the gt-r

Quote Originally Posted by Idries Noah
    The idea for this car was simple, fast, aerodynamic and beautiful, while taking styling queues from Ferraris old and new. Being a mid-engine rear wheel drive, I had the freedom to give the car a really aggressive stance. Low, pointy front and Muscular rear makes it look like its ready to pounce.

I designed this car originally as a Dino concept. But the name didn't compliment the design. So I went for something more Ferrari. Ferrari F250. I think it's works well with the car. The number 250 which comes from the legendary 250 GTO.

Being a small car and very light I was thinking of a 2.5L V6 engine (250) that runs on bio-fuel
    Last edited by kigango123; 03-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

With the new gt-r being somewhat of a let down...
    Funny, 99% of the automotive magazines disagree.

You have to admit that it hasn't lived to the expectations following the r34.
    Bigger, larger, slower and much less tunable than the r34, if anyone in this forum were given the choice, The new gtr would be crushed.
    Like the others said, who cares about tunability? If a car is good enough, it doesn't really need to be tuned.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

btw, the EVO X stock is over 100kg heavier than the EVO IX stock, and slower too....

And its slower than the new STI....the cars were tested head to head in Jan or Feb 2008 of Best Motoring as well...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I meant the fact that they are limited as well. Your argument is like a kid telling his mother that he got 15 out of 100 on an exam but that she doesn't have to worry because the rest of the class got the same score or worse. He still failed
    By doing this, Nissan have managed to obey the JDM 111mph limiter, and please safety-crats around the world (and there will more and more cars with speed limiters in the future), making it easier for them get the car approved and on sale in various markets around the world and deflect any criticisms about allowing excess speed on the road, but still allow owners to take their cars to their full potential without spending money on modifying the car. I fail to see how that is a fail.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

FYI just to put the speed of the supposedly disappointing GTR in perspective, Best Motoring test of the Z-Tune R34 GTR(BMI Vol 22), which is the factory tuned, track-biased car, was 1:01.15 around Tsukuba, where as the current R35 GTR, a car that weighs a whopping 1740kg as opposed to the 1600kg of the Z-tune, runs 1:02.06(BM March 2008). The mildly tuned Amuse R35 GTR clocks in at 0:59.74....And then there are still the factory V-spec car coming....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm having a discussion with some gentlemen on another forum (not a "car" forum) about supercar design. I'm saying the evolution of supercar design is far slower than regular cars. And i stand by it. The pictures i saw in the OP are not deserving of hondas new supercar offering. What ever they did to design the NSX they need to re-do with the modern world in mind. Taking the old design and make it swoopier is copping out on good design work.

In other news- my car is factory limited to 155, with my ecu change i'm no longer limited to 155 yet i've never topped it. The space/ safety barrier simply doesn't exist on publicly traveled roads to achieve those speeds. Only the autobahn and various open road rallyes will anyone be sustaining those kinds of speeds. Furthermore, if you have the money for the gtr you have the money for the vx-rom which eliminates the limiter (a primary concern in its development) and bumps boost.

BAWWWing about the gtr is getting tired. It goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, it's capable of nearly 200mph *stock* and your grandmother can drive it to bridge club. That is nothing short of amazing.

I like it. But I think they should add more air intakes... more aggressive... less of a "concept car."

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    ya if honda does a front engine vehicle it will be a waste but i dun see honda making a new supercar anytime soon. Honda's r&d is dumb.
    Maybe you should mention that to Ayrton Senna's family. Honda R&D efforts delivered all three F1 world titles to probably the greatest driver of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnBoost View Post
    I'm having a discussion with some gentlemen on another forum (not a "car" forum) about supercar design. I'm saying the evolution of supercar design is far slower than regular cars. And i stand by it. The pictures i saw in the OP are not deserving of hondas new supercar offering. What ever they did to design the NSX they need to re-do with the modern world in mind. Taking the old design and make it swoopier is copping out on good design work.
    Don't forget most supercar design is not done in-house. This thread started with a Honda reference and they are a point in question i.e. the NSX supercar design.

When his father died in 1966 Sergio Pininfarina was supposedly the major Ferrari influence in the houses movement towards what later became identifiable as Maranello's own iconic house design. But I read when he was succeeded at Pininfarina in 2006 as well as being made Honarary Chairman he went heavily into Italian politics and contributed directly to the Italian Prime Minister resigning. If its to be believed this influenced the NSX project you can certainly see the Sergio affect on the typical rigid angular Nissan MID4 chassis mentioned in other forums as the NSX predecessor. From his bio, interest in politics and ambition to toplle the Italian Prime Minister you can also imagine the influence Sergio Pininfarina brought to bear on controlling his firms design output. Here is evidence design is driven by two things, passion AND politics.
    Last edited by v.6; 03-23-2008 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Funny, 99% of the automotive magazines disagree.
    Last check, it's 100%.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information