Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: WHAT says: Honda is Failing

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and they are profitable....(I know of a few companies that are not)
    That's a bit far from your original argument that they're doing it as a tribute. I knew they were making profit because that was my argument.

Matra, I understand Civic owners and in general Honda owners are very well cared for in Europe and other places. Relatives of mine in Romania own a Civic and they're very happy. I wasn't saying Honda doesn't take care of their customers, I was just arguing against Henk4 point and I used the Civic as an example of an updated car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    That's a bit far from your original argument that they're doing it as a tribute. I knew they were making profit because that was my argument.

Matra, I understand Civic owners and in general Honda owners are very well cared for in Europe and other places. Relatives of mine in Romania own a Civic and they're very happy. I wasn't saying Honda doesn't take care of their customers, I was just arguing against Henk4 point and I used the Civic as an example of an updated car.
    what exactly are you arguing against? can you tell me in what way the Honda policy is different from normal practices in the automotive industry?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I wasn't saying it's any different from normal practices, you were. Pls just read all the posts and you're going to understand exactly what I argued against.

Niko, i don't hate the NSX, i just think it's overpriced. Other cars of it's time performed the same without costing me an arm and a leg. Please show me that research though. I am curious.
    A car of its time would be the F355 for example... Which the NSX can spank.

NSX:

- Hand built
    - Exotic
    - Great Handling
    - Reliable & cheap to maintain (hard to find in an exotic sports car)
    - After 18 years in the market it still kicks ass.
    - It only needs 290hp to reach 60mph in 4.7 seconds (regular version, not type R)
    - Invest $10,000 - $15,000 in a supercharger kit and some mods and you got yourself a Ferrari F430 killer for a lot le$$.
    - Mid-Engined
    - I believe it was the first car ever to have titanium connecting rods.

Some Nurburgring lap times comparing the NSX to more expensive and more powerful cars:

7:56.73 155.57 km/h Honda NSX-R
    8:03.86 153.52 km/h -- Honda NSX

8:04 --- 153.22 km/h -- Audi R8, 420 PS/1595 kg (sport auto 07/07)
    8:04 --- 153.22 km/h -- Lamborghini Diablo GT, 575 PS/1620 kg
    8:05 --- 152.91 km/h -- Ferrari 575M Maranello F1, 580 PS/1820 kg
    8:05 --- 152.91 km/h -- Porsche 997 Carrera S, PASM settino “Standard”, Walter Roehrl (WHEELS 06/04)
    8:09 --- 151.66 km/h -- Ferrari 360 Modena , 400 PS/1464 kg
    8:14 --- 150.12 km/h -- Mercedes SLK 55 AMG Black Series, 400 PS/1506 kg

Can someone teach me to upload images? I have a couple of technical data scans and other things that would aid this discussion so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    7:56.73 155.57 km/h Honda NSX-R
    Unfortunately, it was voided because the clock stopped a bit early.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I wasn't saying it's any different from normal practices
    so the thread title should have been: The car industry is failing.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Can someone teach me to upload images? I have a couple of technical data scans and other things that would aid this discussion so much.
    When you're writing a response, click at the bottom of the window "Go Advanced" then click "Manage Attachments" and then just add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    When you're writing a response, click at the bottom of the window "Go Advanced" then click "Manage Attachments" and then just add them.
    Thanks but they're too big. If anyone wants them then i can e-mail them to you. I'll try to find the link where I got them and I'll give it to you guys here.

Here's an NSX with forced induction:

YouTube - Armando - NSX

Stock is perfect imo, but this supercharger / turbocharger is without a doubt a great addition

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Here's an NSX with forced induction:

YouTube - Armando - NSX

Stock is perfect imo, but this supercharger / turbocharger is without a doubt a great addition
    Isn't overpowering it, missing the point of the car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Isn't overpowering it, missing the point of the car?
    Like I said, stock is perfect... But forced induction will place the NSX in a whole new league, I'm just proving a point.

Niko i see where you are coming from and i totally agree with the right stuff the NSX can be an F430 killer. but i also see that its a great car in the exoitc market. EXOTIC. if you want to go fast you dont need to buy an nsx, hell an sti costs much less and with all the money you would have spent on a stock nsx you can upgrade the STi but it doesnt have the nsx look, so really the nsx is not bought for speed purposes.
    i get paid to do what i love. how sweet is that?

Quote Originally Posted by S2Kplz! View Post
    Niko i see where you are coming from and i totally agree with the right stuff the NSX can be an F430 killer. but i also see that its a great car in the exoitc market. EXOTIC. if you want to go fast you dont need to buy an nsx, hell an sti costs much less and with all the money you would have spent on a stock nsx you can upgrade the STi but it doesnt have the nsx look, so really the nsx is not bought for speed purposes.
    paging Mr. LandQuail...
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    Honda is such an underachiever. They had the hype in the 90's to be a dominant manufacturer. Their decision making and designs hold them back.

Honda makes bad decisions. HONDA IS OVERRATED.

What do you think?
    I say you dont know what youre talking about. First you better explain your remarks about "underachievers" to the estate of Ayrton Senna, the best driver in F1 according to the industry, and to whom Honda R&D delivered all three of his F1 world title crowns. Thats total world domination from a firm who started out in motorbikes. Honda's philosophy is not about Western excess....when do you remember their last product recall for example.....they just provide really well engineered cars to those of us who like to drive hard and for a long time without breaking down. If you want a fight pick a subject you have researched.
    Last edited by v.6; 03-23-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Thread Information