Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus 2011-12

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The only good Megane point (RS aside) is cheap power. Other than that I'd rather be in a Leon.
    I mentioned the Megane because I think this Focus is extremely similar fromt he back, but the front is much worse, talking about style.
    Talking about the technical side, I would go for the Megane if I needed a family hatch with good quality and a decent price. that would have been the Focus role, but the front bumper is ugly and I think it could also cost more, comparatively, than the present generation, which has its strongest point in the price/quality ratio.
    I'd consider the Bravo as well, but its front end already looks ten years old. The interior is excellent though.

The Leon has just one good thing in my book. Actually it has just one characteristic, and that's its go-kart suspensions setup. That's interesting only if opting for some sporty version, being the FR ir the Cupra, otherwise as an everyday car I never liked, it's aging (badly), and the interior's materials' quality isn't good enough for its price.
    Then I should remember myself its a VAG, so no go for me. Never liked them, even ofter having one in the family. Actually two, but that was an old Ibiza with the Porsche ignition system, another story...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

It is quite hard to justify the price hikes and long design time that the focus has had for the american market. I would think that most of this time was used for powerplant and transmission improvement rather than on the actual focus but i am taking a guess, I don't know what is with ford

certainly i don't think that the price hikes are necessary or prudent.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

The details let this down - the rear lights seriously look like the designer sneezed mid-line and thought "hey, thats not bad...."

No doubt they'll handle sweetly and be exceptionally well equipped for their price, and for the American market I agree, this will be a revelation, but...if this is the evolution of Kinetic and New Edge....bleh.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I mentioned the Megane because I think this Focus is extremely similar fromt he back, but the front is much worse, talking about style.
    Talking about the technical side, I would go for the Megane if I needed a family hatch with good quality and a decent price. that would have been the Focus role, but the front bumper is ugly and I think it could also cost more, comparatively, than the present generation, which has its strongest point in the price/quality ratio.
    I'd consider the Bravo as well, but its front end already looks ten years old. The interior is excellent though.

The Leon has just one good thing in my book. Actually it has just one characteristic, and that's its go-kart suspensions setup. That's interesting only if opting for some sporty version, being the FR ir the Cupra, otherwise as an everyday car I never liked, it's aging (badly), and the interior's materials' quality isn't good enough for its price.
    Then I should remember myself its a VAG, so no go for me. Never liked them, even ofter having one in the family. Actually two, but that was an old Ibiza with the Porsche ignition system, another story...
    The Focus will still drive brilliantly probably. However I guess that all we could do now is buy the second generation Focus before they retire it. Or buy the Mazda 3, which may be big but at least it's better looking than this.

As for the Leon I don't think the versions with normal suspension are that bad, but at the same time you can have a pseudo-driver's car without breaking the bank. And the 1.8 TSi is quite fast and affordable. I've read that even FR and Cupra (especially) versions are quite civilised, even compared to the first generation cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Fuel price advantage removed, why?
    torque.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    torque.
    I guess that'll be solved with the turbo engine which will also have low down torque.
    Visca Catalunya!

I guess that'll be solved with the turbo engine which will also have low down torque.
    only partly and with much a higher fuel consumption...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Isn't this just a 'cover' over the current Euro Focus?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

only partly and with much a higher fuel consumption...
    Agree, altough they solve that by giving petrol cars much shorter gear ratios than their diesel equivalents and therefore having no disadvantage in in-gear acceleration.

As for the fuel consumption, again agree. But with their fuel prices it simpley isn't an issue. Well maybe the only issue, money aside, would be having to stop more often for fuel due to the reduced range.
    Visca Catalunya!

As for the fuel consumption, again agree. But with their fuel prices it simpley isn't an issue. Well maybe the only issue, money aside, would be having to stop more often for fuel due to the reduced range.
    In times of increasing scarcity of mineral resources any reduction of the consumption thereof is an issue, regardless of its price.

In times of increasing scarcity of mineral resources any reduction of the consumption thereof is an issue, regardless of its price.
    Touché.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Isn't this just a 'cover' over the current Euro Focus?
    As I understand it, it's the new platform that replaces the C1 platform the current focus,mazda3,vovlo c3 is based on. Which is why its not going into production until the end of the year.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

The Focus will still drive brilliantly probably. However I guess that all we could do now is buy the second generation Focus before they retire it. Or buy the Mazda 3, which may be big but at least it's better looking than this.

As for the Leon I don't think the versions with normal suspension are that bad, but at the same time you can have a pseudo-driver's car without breaking the bank. And the 1.8 TSi is quite fast and affordable. I've read that even FR and Cupra (especially) versions are quite civilised, even compared to the first generation cars.
    AFAIK the FR and Cupra have too harsh suspensions to consider them as comfortable. Their abilities on tracks are obvious higher than the competition, but at the same time track days are yet a minor part of the life of such a car and generally the driver won't get very close to the car's limits.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

this looks so much better than the current euro Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    As I understand it, it's the new platform that replaces the C1 platform the current focus,mazda3,vovlo c3 is based on. Which is why its not going into production until the end of the year.
    So this will be the chassis of the new Euro Focus as well? Maybe new look as well, like an inverted Fiesta process?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information