Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2010 Motorcycle Racing

I just read about that - what a shame.

I was considering recording the Moto2 race to watch - I am glad I didn't. I don't want to see an accident where someone was killed.

He was my age, that is horrible.
    RIP and I hope the best for his family.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

News of this is all over the net. The Globe and Mail - Canada's main national newspaper - had a story on this from The Associated Press, as does our main sports network, TSN.

There is a facebook page in memory of Shoya which has 2800+ fans already, and you can leave your message to his family on MotoGP's website.

Last week, the 13 year old kid died at Indianapolis - now this. This is tragic.

Wow, heard about the kid, but somehow missed this.

Tough loss. RIP.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

R.I.P.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

No mention of Hayden's salary.......any one know where he ranks?

Didn't feel like making a new thread, but has anyone been watching this season?

Marquez is just phenomenal to watch, Lorenzo and Pedrosa before they got hurt were doing well, Rossi still has a few tricks up his sleeve, and Crutchlow and Espargaro are always ready to come from behind and upset the established aristocracy.

It just amazes me how much fun, even on TV, it is to watch. What is it about diminutive Spaniards riding around on bicycles that makes it so much more entertaining than boring Brits cruising around in upside-down airplanes?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Didn't feel like making a new thread, but has anyone been watching this season?

Marquez is just phenomenal to watch, Lorenzo and Pedrosa before they got hurt were doing well, Rossi still has a few tricks up his sleeve, and Crutchlow and Espargaro are always ready to come from behind and upset the established aristocracy.

It just amazes me how much fun, even on TV, it is to watch. What is it about diminutive Spaniards riding around on bicycles that makes it so much more entertaining than boring Brits cruising around in upside-down airplanes?
    I have watched every single Moto GP race, some Moto 2 and none of Moto 3.

I personally prefer cars, but I have to reckon that Moto GP is the best racing on telly this side of Touring Car racing. Unfortunately the comentators on Spanish TV are dreadful.

Marquez is just plain amazing. He is a mentalist and makes Pedrosa look like he rides like a little old lady. The pass on Rossi he performed on the corkscrew a couple of weekends ago borders on impossible. The fact that he can win the championship on his first years says it all really.

I hope Lorenzo gets fit soon so he can join the fight at the front again, and Crutchlow could also give a scare or two to the top dogs (not sure the move to Ducati for 2014 is good idea though). Rossi's best days are gone, but if the conditions allow and the planets align he can put up a fight.

And then there's Espargaró, which mixes with the big boys in his Aprilia-engined CRT bike. To give an automotive equivalent it would be like a chap in an GT race car fighting with the likes of Di Resta and Ricciardo. He definitely deserves a works prototype bike for 2014.

Best of all is that most of those are actually Catalan (Pedrosa, Marquez and Espargaro, amongst others) so it even keeps our nationalistical pride up in the sky!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information