Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota is in trouble---where is lean six sigma

Toyota is in trouble---where is lean six sigma

Seems like Toyota is about to indirectly fess up about their accelerator pedal problems.

Toyota stops sales of 8 models in recall - USATODAY.com

When GM had problems, everyone blamed unions for their problems. I maintained at the time that GM's issues were not union, but management problems.

Toyota has no unions in North America and they are now facing problems as well. If they had unions in North America, someone would have blamed the unions for their problems

So, using both logic, how can anyone not see that GM's problems are also management problems just as it is with Toyota?

And Lean Six Sigma is the most powerful wool being pulled over the eys of many corporations. Lean Six Sigma cannot develop a mind that is incapable of serious thinking. Lean Six Sigma is just a useless technical, command and control tool---nothing more. I hate it with every fibre of my person.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 01-26-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Seems like Toyota is about to indirectly fess up about their accelerator pedal problems.

Toyota stops sales of 8 models in recall - USATODAY.com

When GM had problems, everyone blamed unions for their problems. I maintained at the time that GM's issues were not union, but management problems.

Toyota has no unions in North America and they are now facing problems as well. If they had unions in North America, someone would have blamed the unions for their problems

So, using both logic, how can anyone not see that, GM's problems are management problems, just as it was with Toyota?

And Lean Six Sigma is the most powerful wool (huh) being pulled over the eyes of many corporations. Lean Six Sigma cannot develop a mind that is incapable of serious thinking. Lean Six Sigma is just a useless technical, command and control tool---nothing more. I hate it with every fibre of my person.
    Edited to make sense. Then realized even I have failed.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Wait Wait Wait..
    What?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Some about fish maybe raw fish not tasting good?.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

The difference is that Toyota is fixing the cars before selling instead of selling cars that need fixing.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    The difference is that Toyota is fixing the cars before selling instead of selling cars that need fixing.
    The recall on the vehicles that they have stop producing has been going for a few weeks, so plenty of cars needing fixing were sold before this annoucement.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

A problem with the Floor mats and carpet catching the accelerator pedals of affected models means they are stopping production of these cars until a factory fix can be fitted.

Also, this has nothing to do with GM.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    The recall on the vehicles that they have stop producing has been going for a few weeks, so plenty of cars needing fixing were sold before this annoucement.
    More than a few weeks, several months. Toyota has been denying the problem and lying about it until the evidence overcame the cover up.

The problem may be a fluke....or it may be correlated to their recent shoddy 'quality'.

It looks like a supplier issue:

"The sticking-throttle problem involves only vehicles using accelerator-pedal assemblies from CTS, a component supplier, Toyota says. Some Camry plants, for example, use assemblies from another supplier, and those cars will still be made and sold.

In its first public comment since the recall, CTS said Tuesday that of 1.4 million pedals surveyed, only eight had the sticking-throttle problem."

Of course this is still rare in that the grip that Toyota has on its supplier should have prevented this though.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    I hate it with every fibre of my person.
    Why do you hate quality control and TQM?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I think he has put on his Nissan glasses..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If CTS had been submitting their TPS reports on a regular basis, this would have never happened

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMX-5 View Post
    If CTS had been submitting their TPS reports on a regular basis, this would have never happened
    +1 for Office Space reference.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Lean six Sigma is the farthest idea from any semblance of quality. Quality starts with a thought process and culture. lean six Sigma does absolutely none of these, well. so, why does any corporation bother with it, at all???

And, i do have my Nissan glasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMX-5 View Post
    Awesome.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information