Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai versus Kia

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    Ive never heard of hyundai producing any sort of award winning car, neither the Kia... If you want a car that gives you good gas mileage get a VW passat or a Jetta or a Ford Mondeo or a honda accord. There are just so many more good cars to chose from. Why would you buy a Hyundai or Kia. If it is price, there are plenty more cars that are more reliable. I never see any older hyundai or kias driving around, I figure that is because they have all stopped working?

Are you wanting to get a Hyundai or Kia? I don't understand the nature of this thread. Are you really wanting to know wich is more reliable or is it just to see if anyone likes these cars?
    Car and Driver awarded the new Sonata with a spot on the 10 best.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I also noticed how similar Kia and Hyundai was as well. Not a good thing in my opinion- look at Ford and Mercury- one of them had to go. GM had issues with repetition in their lineup as well.

If the economy is good (for the Korean companies at least), then that's fine. But if things get rough, one of them will have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I also noticed how similar Kia and Hyundai was as well. Not a good thing in my opinion- look at Ford and Mercury- one of them had to go. GM had issues with repetition in their lineup as well.

If the economy is good (for the Korean companies at least), then that's fine. But if things get rough, one of them will have to go.
    Not necessarily true.

The losers are Honda and Toyota who are losing sales to them.

I read somewhere,

that Hyundai and Kia use Mitsubishi power-trains licence-built in S.Korea.

Kia's styling "improvements" are down to the ex-VAG designer they took on a few years ago.

Having both brands (Hyundai & Kia) gives us more choice. Most wouldn't argue about that.

My dad was talking to a Hyundi dealer when he was buying his Hyundi iload and the dealer said Hyundi is planing to be bigger than Toyota, eather that or they said they wanted to be the 3rd largest car manifacture. is that possible, it would sertanly be hard. Maybe they plan to be bigger than Toyota in just uk sales.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Well just in my experience, Korea doesn't make a lot of quality products. When I look at something and it says made in Korea, im usually not too impressed. But then again, maybe they are really trying to make better quality cars. I wish them luck, but so far all ive seen is plasticy fake looking cars.

Well just in my experience, Korea doesn't make a lot of quality products. When I look at something and it says made in Korea, im usually not too impressed. But then again, maybe they are really trying to make better quality cars. I wish them luck, but so far all ive seen is plasticy fake looking cars.
    In how many have you sat, lately?

And how many have you driven?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hey, they make some good nuclear weapons!

....wait. They don't even know where they are going once they fire them.

...oh, nevermind.
    Last edited by Commodore GS/E; 05-16-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

I haven't driven any, but the new crop have quite nice interiors and are getting good reviews from the US car magazine establishment.

enough... I know Europe has a lot more cars to chose from, but its no secret that in america Kia and Hyundai are the bottom of the barrel cars. They are pretty crappy. No offense if you own one. But i would rather have a toyota, subaru, mitsubishi or honda anyday (if we are talking about the asian car market) why anyone would chose kia or hyundai over those car companys is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I haven't driven any, but the new crop have quite nice interiors and are getting good reviews from the US car magazine establishment.
    In terms of interior I would say they are nearly there, if a bit to asian, if you know what I mean. Too many blinking LEDs abd shiny screens. As if it was a Casio factory in the 80's.

In terms of handling and performance they've got nothing to envy, this side of any mainstream european manufacturer. I'd even say they can teach a lesson or two to some of them.
    but its no secret that in america Kia and Hyundai are the bottom of the barrel cars.
    Ah yes, I forgot. Never get in the way of known facts.

Like all Alfa Romeos are unreliable. Or all Audis are the best cars to have ever graced mother earth.
    Visca Catalunya!

In terms of interior I would say they are nearly there, if a bit to asian, if you know what I mean. Too many blinking LEDs abd shiny screens. As if it was a Casio factory in the 80's.

In terms of handling and performance they've got nothing to envy, this side of any mainstream european manufacturer. I'd even say they can teach a lesson or two to some of them.

Ah yes, I forgot. Never get in the way of known facts.

Like all Alfa Romeos are unreliable. Or all Audis are the best cars to have ever graced mother earth.
    well i wouldn't know about that. we don't get Alfa Romeos here in the Colonies, but Audis are very good cars. I can't argue with that. I wouldn't say they are the best, it is hard to pick a best car. but they definately have some high tech features

well i wouldn't know about that. we don't get Alfa Romeos here in the Colonies, but Audis are very good cars. I can't argue with that. I wouldn't say they are the best, it is hard to pick a best car. but they definately have some high tech features
    He was annoyed before, now he's gonna be angry.

well i just quit smoking 3 days ago, so lets have a go at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He was annoyed before, now he's gonna be angry.
    It would probably be going too much off topic.

We can discuss Audi's undeniable prowess at lenght in anothe thread if anyone's interested...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information