Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai versus Kia

To be continually OT, Audi are laws of physic challenged....

Right now I think Koreans are still playing the bang for the buck side of the car buying logic than outright quality. They offer a robust warranty plan with good financial incentive plus good trim level vs their competitors. Though at the end of the day you are still net a lower level car, but you paid a lot less for it. NVH and refinement still somewhat suspect with them, but the typical response is "you can't argue with the price". Sooner or later though they will shift to the quality side of the equation...

Aside from some of the industry chit-chat about the engine benchmarked performance below that of the competitor, and some bad experience from my friend who have bought newer ones in the recent years with lemon issue. In general they are pretty good for the money, especially with their warranty. But I have preconceived national prejudice against Korean products....so.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Well the i30 has a fully independent rear suspension, something whih can't be said from Fiat, Renault, Honda or Toyota to name just a few. Also, their base 1.4 litre engine is more powerful than Fiat's, Volkswagen's or Seat's.

Maybe it's an Euro thing, but we certainly aren't getting less.

Some further OT, the Audi thing isn't only defying the laws of physics, but those of common sense as well...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

well im not interested in it at all, you are the one who brought it up for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the i30 has a fully independent rear suspension, something whih can't be said from Fiat, Renault, Honda or Toyota to name just a few. Also, their base 1.4 litre engine is more powerful than Fiat's, Volkswagen's or Seat's.

Maybe it's an Euro thing, but we certainly aren't getting less.

Some further OT, the Audi thing isn't only defying the laws of physics, but those of common sense as well...
    we don't get fiats or renaults here, toyota and honda are much better quality though. the new Honda Civic is an excellent car and so is the Toyota FJ cruiser, just to name a few...

i own a honda jazz and i have no idea how you can say they are much better quality than the equivalent hyundai I30 etc. especially with the CVT gearboxes grenading themselves at 100k.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

what is a honda jazz? is that like the Honda fit? im not really interested in those super compact cars, like smaller than a ford focus, or honda civic, they are just so small its really rediculous and they become impractical for daily use.

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    we don't get fiats or renaults here, toyota and honda are much better quality though. the new Honda Civic is an excellent car and so is the Toyota FJ cruiser, just to name a few...
    Ours have IRS, though, and most Toyota products the world over are just about irrelevant to gearheads, though they are by no means objectively "bad" cars.

I have heard that the Renaultsport Meganes are able to use their torsion beams quite well, but it does strike me as odd that the Yuroes aren't using IRS, with Honda even taking it away from one generation of (Euro)Civic to the next. Next thing you know we Americans, will be driving around in featherweight twin-turbo four-pot FWD Mustangs and all of Europe will be propelled by old tractor-engined buckboards.

well im not interested in it at all, you are the one who brought it up for some reason...
    I think you are not familiarised with sarcasm.
    what is a honda jazz? is that like the Honda fit? im not really interested in those super compact cars, like smaller than a ford focus, or honda civic, they are just so small its really rediculous and they become impractical for daily use.
    How can a car than can easily cruise at 100-110mph (and feels stable at those speeds), tops out at around 120mph and you can have 500 miles from each tank, be impractical?

(Not the Jazz, one from its class)

There's more than massive V8s, and wide straight roads out there.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think you are not familiarised with sarcasm.

How can a car than can easily cruise at 100-110mph (and feels stable at those speeds), tops out at around 120mph and you can have 500 miles from each tank, be impractical?

(Not the Jazz, one from its class)

There's more than massive V8s, and wide straight roads out there.
    because the backseats are too small for people with legs and there is no room in the boot for anything more than a handbag... why buy are care that small with back seats, you would be better off getting a lotus elise. At least you would look good and still get good gas mileage...

Really? Are you serious?
    Visca Catalunya!

yeah. why not? besides, if you really are looking to save money. why not just buy a used car that you really like. the money you save on the actually car price would outweigh the gas you would save i think.

I am living proof that you do not save money with a used car.

Or you could buy a second hand commie hatchback. Which means we are back where we started.

As I said other parts of the world have other requirements when it comes to cars.
    Visca Catalunya!

well lets see, i guess i would be living proof that you DO save money haha! I bought my 1993 BMW 525i for $4500 and had it for 3 years. it gave me no problems and i averaged 25mpg on a 20gal tank, so that means i could go 500 miles on a tank. and it was comfortable to drive long distances with good power from the strait 6 and room for passengers and 2 weeks worth of groceries Did regular oil change and filter changes and never had a problem with it.

The commie hatchback could easily see at least a 50% increase in mileage. Probably more.
    Visca Catalunya!

The commie hatchback could easily see at least a 50% increase in mileage. Probably more.
    I have no idea what you are talking about?

Thread Information