Thread: 2008 "Dream, cars of the future since 1950" exposition, Turin, December 23rd 2008

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2008 "Dream, cars of the future since 1950" exposition, Turin, December 23rd 2008

So, after a long time trying to fix all the pictures I took because I messed up with the ISO (1600 isn't exactly the right figure when you are in a very enlightened and white painted building), I'm ready to present you my coverage of the event. Thanks to John Tawley for some tips he gave me.

The exhibition's theme where the cars mainly since the 1950 that represented the view of the future trough cars, mainly concept cars, one-off or limited editions.

I visited the 23th of December, because previously I was busy at university, with the last exam the 22th of December (passed, yay!), and that represented a problem, because the show was on since September (I didn't know), and was going to close the doors the 28th of December, so some cars were already missing.
    I don't even know which were missing for sure, but looking at another coverage from SwissCarSightings, I can say these cars weren't there, and who knows what else: a 1929 Fiat 525S, the 2008 Fioravanti Hydra Concept, the 2008 Italdesign Quaranta Concept (which I personally saw leaving the show on its own wheels in Turin's traffic) and the real 2004 Italdesign Volta Concept (grey car) , since the red unit you are going to see in this thread is just a fake car, with the brake's discs made of paper...
    I don't understand why they allow such a fact, if the show is on until a certain day, there shouldn't be some features missing in the last days.
    the same happened to a friend of mine which went to Geneva last year for the auto show on the final days, and one of the main cars, the red Audi R8 V12 TDI Le Mans, was missing because, I later discovered, it had been sent to the States for some reviews.

apart from that, I have to say the exhibition was excellently organized, the light was perfect and even the disposition of the cars, with a lot of space between each other, so to give visitors the opportunity to take picture from the angle they want.
    I had a previous experience at the 2006 "Mitomacchina" exhibition in Rovereto, TN, Italy, where the lights where too yellow if not almost orange and the various stands were too overcrowded by cars.

there was a lot of text posted on the walls, some pictures and schemes too, but in most cases I forgot to take pictures of them, sorry for that.
    I would still post those I have, like the first posted on the wall at the entrant:

The history of cars in Turin has developed along two lines. Our region has been mass-producing cars for a century, yet has never stop fuelling hotbeds of creativity, craftsmanship and technology expressed in one-off vehicles, prototypes and dream cars.
    There are many powerful car districts in the world, in the United States, Japan, Korea, Germany and France, but never has there been an entrepreneurial and socio-economic phenomenon as Turin.
    Alongside the manufacturing and mass-production tradition, all the brands and the great masters, some who have disappeared, some forgotten, most not known to the younger generations, have offered their vision of pure beauty, free of the restrictive standards demanded by the production chain.
    This search for new style categories of future cars that designers have driven forward since the Second World War shows how their formal proposals have been underpinned by ingenious technological insight, often proceeding and provoking change.
    some pics of the building's roof, and the view from the outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information