Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Golf (VI-5K) 2008–2012

Volkswagen Golf (VI-5K) 2008–2012

Volkswagen Golf Mk6

The Volkswagen Golf Mk6 (or VW Typ 5K) is the successor to the Mk5, and was unveiled at the Paris Auto Show in October 2008. Volkswagen released pictures and information on 6 August 2008, prior to the official unveiling. The vehicle was released to the European market in the winter of 2008. Major investments have been made in production efficiency, with a claimed productivity improvement at launch of nearly 20% in comparison with the previous model, and further gains planned for the next twelve months. Although billed as the Mk6, the new model was in effect a thoroughly re-engineered facelift of the previous model.

----------

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Duell; 02-06-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Volkswagen Golf #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it just me or was the lifecycle of the MkV quite short?

This one is basically the same, only looking a tad different. Cheaper to make, yet updated to generate a few more sales. That and it makes the Scirocco more badge orientated while getting rid of that silly chrome grill on the RXX model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Is it just me or was the lifecycle of the MkV quite short?
    true, but eve if the car sold well, it wasn't remunerative for VW as they wished, it costed too much to develop and buil, IIRC.

I don't like this new one, it looks too similar to the old one, I could say this is a restyling over the old car and nothing more. and I find its design already old. it lacks of appeal.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I think you are correct in the sense that the design is familiar & certainly ultra-conservative.

but the Old Golf V had the same criticism lugged at it when it was first released - and I dare say not only has it aged better than some of it's competitors, but it certainly still looks respectable & modern.

This just builds on that - and It's supposedly cheaper to build.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

very nice, hopefully it'll have a more efficient engine then the one over here so it can compete better with civics! i prefer the rabbit over a civic but the civic owns in gas mileage.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I think you are correct in the sense that the design is familiar & certainly ultra-conservative.

but the Old Golf V had the same criticism lugged at it when it was first released - and I dare say not only has it aged better than some of it's competitors, but it certainly still looks respectable & modern.

This just builds on that - and It's supposedly cheaper to build.
    Alfa Romeo 147 ftw, no matter if they are going to replace it. older then the Golf mkV but way way better looking, then and now.

I dig it. The subtle new design is perfect IMO, no need to change a winning formula.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

They are really cheap at VW.... The car has the same exterior with different headlamps and rear lights. Look at the rear pillar, it's exactly the same..... In my eyes this is just an extended facelift, to make it look more in line with the Scirocco. They dumped the attempted "VW Grille" because people didn't really like it.

If you scroll down at this link you'll see that more people think the same way:
    News
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

i like it, it's a mk V with out the stupid grill, sides it probably mostly done because mk V was deemed too expensive to manufacture

I am a little scarred thinking that I would have to see the same car for 10 years (2003-->2008-->???)...not this car, please.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Alfa Romeo 147 ftw, no matter if they are going to replace it. older then the Golf mkV but way way better looking, then and now.
    one of those passed me in traffic, they sound quite good.
    i'd never buy a modern alfa, though. well, not this either, but the scirocco looks nice!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    one of those passed me in traffic, they sound quite good.
    i'd never buy a modern alfa, though. well, not this either, but the scirocco looks nice!
    147 ftw. I would never buy a VW, I can't see the point of them. a Seat is sportier (maybe not a good sport compact, but it's supposed to be), a Skoda is cheaper, and the Audi is better in maybe all point of view (NOT my opinion). why should I buy this?! or even this and not the Scirocco, that yes, it looks good, but not as the Alfa GT?!
    yes, I would buy Alfa, no matter how, because I recognize the old DNA eve in modern one. maybe the Giulia GT's spirit is gone, but so it's that of the first Golf GTI, for example. even supposing that modern Alfa are trash, at least they are good looking. they are sexy, that's what.
    a car it's like a girlfriend, don't choose just the nice one...if you can choose of course...
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 08-24-2008 at 06:50 AM.

I think that they should make it more different and not so conservative at the back. The front looks ok but still it is not something brand new! The mk V was great when it was first introduced and it still looks fresh whereas this wil look old really soon I think because it isnt as different as it should
    www.myspace.com/djthanas
    www.myspace.com/fetameriganoi

Thread Information