Thread: Aston Martin V8 Vantage S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S

I love the look of this car I think it is so beautiful.

Aston_Martin-V8_Vantage_S_2012_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg Aston_Martin-V8_Vantage_S_2012_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg Aston_Martin-V8_Vantage_S_2012_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

I love the interior of this car although saying that I think Aston Martin make some of the best interiors, I do prefer this car to the Aston Martin Vantage N420

The Aston Martin Vantage range comes of age with the new Aston Martin V8 Vantage S characterised by a host of new driver-focussed features all designed to push the honed dynamics of the standard Vantage to a new benchmark level.

Aston Martin's own 4.7 litre V8 engine has been engineered to deliver peak power of 430 bhp (436 PS / 321 kW) at 7300 rpm and torque of 490 Nm (361 lb.ft) at 5000 rpm and is coupled with a new ground-up developed Sportshift™ II transmission specifically designed for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S with seven short ratio gears to deliver the most engaging and intense driver involvement.

"The Vantage S epitomises every attribute of the V8 Vantage and pushes the driver experience beyond what we have offered before," says Dr. Ulrich Bez, CEO of Aston Martin, "It combines dynamic exhilaration with all the charming finesse, beauty and practicality already associated with the Vantage range."

Dynamic revisions are central to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, with a quickened steering rack ratio of 15:1 compared to 17:1 on the standard car and a larger diameter front brake disc with new six-piston front brake calipers. New springs and dampers, and wider rear wheels also contribute to chassis revisions. A new dynamic stability control (DSC) system specifically tuned to the Vantage S along with a new brake module providing features such as Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA) which provides assistance in emergency braking situations, and Hill Start Assist (HSA). Bespoke tyres have been developed with Bridgestone to optimise road holding enhancing dynamic feel.

At the core of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S is the new seven speed Sportshift™ II automated manual transmission, offered as standard and delivers exceedingly rapid gear changes, twenty per cent quicker than Sportshift™. The extra gear permits shorter well-spaced ratios taking advantage of the optimum torque, which combined with a shorter final drive ratio of 4.182:1 delivers quicker acceleration and an enhanced sporting feel. The inherent benefits of a single clutch system reduces complexity and significant weight over a dual clutch solution. Sportshift™ II allows the driver to take an increased level of control, modulating the throttle pedal to achieve the desired type of gear change. In addition, the Vantage S features a 'Sport' button which quickens the gear changes and gives the driver a more aggressive throttle response while also opening the exhaust bypass valves across most of the engine speed range perfectly characterising the 'S' variant.

As with every Aston Martin, the Vantage S benefits from its own unique sound with a new exhaust muffler and bypass valve map, creating a very distinctive and highly vocal exhaust note.

The Aston Martin V8 Vantage S is instantly recognisable as a true Aston Martin, characterised by its purposeful stance conveying its agility and performance capability. From the front, a new lower front bumper finished in perfectly-aligned carbon fibre houses a larger air intake feeding the engine and front brakes. The splitter combined with the extended deck lid 'flip' work in harmony to provide increased down force at speed. New 19 inch 'V' spoke wheel styles are available as standard, while an optional 10-spoke lightweight forged wheel option, reduces unsprung mass further. A new rear bumper and side sills optically widen the car.

Bridging the gap between road car and race car, the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S is heavily influenced by the 2011 Vantage GT4 race car. The GT4 takes advantage of the Vantage's immensely rigid bonded aluminium chassis, providing the ideal platform for a race car. Minor racing safety modifications including an FIA approved roll cage and racing 'bag' petrol tank along with weight saving measures are made to the standard road car to convert it into a class winning race car. In 2010, it won its class at the Dubai 24 Hours following this up with further endurance race wins at the Nürburgring 24 Hours, Silverstone 24 Hours and Spa 24 Hours. It also won its first major international championship victory in the European GT4 Cup.

http://www.netcarshow.com/aston_mart...-v8_vantage_s/
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

if it was your money what Aston Martin V8 Vantage would you buy i would have the Vantage S Hear are the two Choises
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage N420
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I really like Aston Martin V8 Vantage S due to it's awesome features like New 7-Speed Sportshift II Transmission New springs and dampers, and wider rear wheels also contribute to chassis revisions, 19 inch ‘V' spoke wheel styles are available as standard, while an optional 10-spoke lightweight forged wheel option.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 02-09-2011 at 12:02 AM.

this is indeed a beautiful car. I think James Bond should go back to the Aston Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    this is indeed a beautiful car. I think James Bond should go back to the Aston Martin.
    He already did.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    He already did.
    In the new book he's in a Bently.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    In the new book he's in a Bently.
    No. He is in a sort of posh, needlessly expensive VW.

I think he should go back to proper Bentleys.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Vantage S, isn't the 420 the stripped out one without an air conditioner? I would never buy a car without a/c unless I lived in a cold climate. In which case I probably wouldn't be buying an Aston.

ever since the first model came out..this has been my first true love with a car!! absolutley beutiful
    www.shayton.eu www.provoco.eu

Aston Martin is one of the branded company. And V8 Vantage S is very beautiful and awesome, everyone stare like they never seen such a car, it is well designed and made according to youngster.

Thread Information